Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 Washington Redskins WAR ROOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Can we use our extension on one of our RFAs? 2 million for a FB is expensive. D Young needs a long term contract anyways.

Yes, I suppose we could but we first need to see if we keep Young. It's possible someone could tender him and that would be his contract (or a 2nd round pick).
I'd be for it. I'd like to have him around. If we could work out like a 3 year deal. That's be good.

Just keep in mind that if we offer say more than a $4M signing bonus, he's going to be more expensive than just keeping at his tender amount.
well I didn't imagine offering him a 4 million dollar signing bonus. Shocked

Marcel Reece signed a 2 year deal last year with Oakland, I'd do a deal like his.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5094/marcel-reece

Like a 2 year, 2 million dollar contract.

Or a deal like Grossman got:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/02/rex-grossman-isnt-getting-paid-like-a-potential-starter/

Quote:
The one-year deal has a guaranteed base salary of $810,000, a roster bonus of $240,000, and a signing bonus of $100,000.

But prorate those totals into a 2 or 3 year deal for Young.

So lets say, 3 year deal worth 3 million.

$250,000 signing bonus

2013- $750,000 base salary, $250,000 roster bonus
2014- $750,000 base salary, $250,000 roster bonus
2015- $750,000 base salary, $250,000 roster bonus

So, we're going to use our one extension that we have to save $1M?

If we want to keep Hall, we can extend him and save a lot more.
I would love to do that. But everyone seems to have an irrational hatred towards Hall. Look at the FA CBs and how much they cost people should realize he's a strong asset.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point guys. I'm down for whatever.

Remember, we would be signing Young to a new deal. It would not be an extension.

Saving 1 million, is saving 1 million though. Locking Young up long term and not overpaying for a fullback is a smart move to make.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Can we use our extension on one of our RFAs? 2 million for a FB is expensive. D Young needs a long term contract anyways.

Yes, I suppose we could but we first need to see if we keep Young. It's possible someone could tender him and that would be his contract (or a 2nd round pick).
I'd be for it. I'd like to have him around. If we could work out like a 3 year deal. That's be good.

Just keep in mind that if we offer say more than a $4M signing bonus, he's going to be more expensive than just keeping at his tender amount.
well I didn't imagine offering him a 4 million dollar signing bonus. Shocked

Marcel Reece signed a 2 year deal last year with Oakland, I'd do a deal like his.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5094/marcel-reece

Like a 2 year, 2 million dollar contract.

Or a deal like Grossman got:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/02/rex-grossman-isnt-getting-paid-like-a-potential-starter/

Quote:
The one-year deal has a guaranteed base salary of $810,000, a roster bonus of $240,000, and a signing bonus of $100,000.

But prorate those totals into a 2 or 3 year deal for Young.

So lets say, 3 year deal worth 3 million.

$250,000 signing bonus

2013- $750,000 base salary, $250,000 roster bonus
2014- $750,000 base salary, $250,000 roster bonus
2015- $750,000 base salary, $250,000 roster bonus

So, we're going to use our one extension that we have to save $1M?

If we want to keep Hall, we can extend him and save a lot more.
I would love to do that. But everyone seems to have an irrational hatred towards Hall. Look at the FA CBs and how much they cost people should realize he's a strong asset.
I'm down for doing whatever with Hall. I would like to add someone like Kennan Lewis or Carry Williams if possible.

Carry played well for the Ravens the last month of the season and in the playoffs. Keenan Lewis was 2nd in the NFL in passes defensed with 23, meaning its hard to complete passes on him and that's a good thing. Wink

Carry Williams was 7th in the NFL in passes defensed with 17 and 2nd in the playoffs behind his teammate Graham with 6.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21613153/top-2013-nfl-free-agents-defense-even-aging-pass-rushers-get-paid

Here is a good ranking of defensive players and I agree with most of those rankings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://fanspeak.com/washingtonredskins/2013/02/07/washington-redskins-salary-cap-for-2013/

Amazing salary cap breakdown by Steve Shoup
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://fanspeak.com/washingtonredskins/2013/02/07/washington-redskins-salary-cap-for-2013/

We've basically done what Shoup wrote up, given the constraints of the FFMD.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Man that sounds pretty grim. Interesting article thanks for sharing.

Perhaps we should consider cutting Carriker, we do have Jenkins who can start.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

yeah. I know, just sharing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

does that really save us anything? He just signed a new deal last year, I would think with his guarenteed $ accelerating it wouldn't help.

What will help is things we've done, like cutting J Brown and they are working in restructuring DHall, maybe others.

We have tough decisions to make. We have to decide whether to keep Fletch and Moss or if we should let them go so we can re-sign our younger FAs like Kory L and Zo.

I've read from Rich Tandler that the team is strongly considering not re-signing Kory L and either going with Leribeus or Hurt at LG.

We'll have to see how this all plays out, but now you know how hard it has been for mike23md in ffmd and why he's considering cutting Fletch
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

does that really save us anything? He just signed a new deal last year, I would think with his guarenteed $ accelerating it wouldn't help.

What will help is things we've done, like cutting J Brown and they are working in restructuring DHall, maybe others.

We have tough decisions to make. We have to decide whether to keep Fletch and Moss or if we should let them go so we can re-sign our younger FAs like Kory L and Zo.

I've read from Rich Tandler that the team is strongly considering not re-signing Kory L and either going with Leribeus or Hurt at LG.

We'll have to see how this all plays out, but now you know how hard it has been for mike23md in ffmd and why he's considering cutting Fletch
I suggest we cut Moss and Carriker, move on from Lich, and extend Hall to a cap friendly deal. We have enough WR talent to cover the loss of Moss and Jenkins and Leribeus can start. Free agency in the FFMD is going to be crazy we can't afford to replace Hall. Draft a FS and RT in rounds 2 and 3.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I suggest we cut Moss and Carriker, move on from Lich, and extend Hall to a cap friendly deal. We have enough WR talent to cover the loss of Moss and Jenkins and Leribeus can start. Free agency in the FFMD is going to be crazy we can't afford to replace Hall. Draft a FS and RT in rounds 2 and 3.
I still don't think cutting Carriker saves us much because his guarenteed $ hasn't been paid out. It'd be better to cut Bowen. I agree with you on the rest. Lets see what woz and mike23 think.

http://mobile.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/adam-carriker/

Look at Carriker's contract. 2.6 million in bonus $ still owed to him, I think that would accelerate if we cut him and the 300,000 this year. That's 3 million in accelerated costs for cutting him then we save $370,000 for letting him go. It's not really a savings. Woz and mike23 understand this better, I could be wrong but that's what I believe.

Cutting Bowen saves us 2 million I believe. He costs $5,500,000 this season. The bonus $ he's still owed is 3,200,000. So cutting him saves $2,300,000 I think. I could be wrong though.

Bowen's money might not even be guarenteed. I remember Footy29 always saying he thought Bowen would be cut after the 2013 season and before the 2014 season but because of the salary cap penalty, we might have to do it a year earlier if we want to keep Fletcher! Confused

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no no no no to cutting Fletcher. You don't just cut a captain. I know I haven't been very active, but... no. Just no. And we need an official capologist...
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 26 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 7 catches, 35 yards... and a fumble
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
No no no no no to cutting Fletcher. You don't just cut a captain. I know I haven't been very active, but... no. Just no. And we need an official capologist...
well we don't have one. I'm not sure what we are going to do about that. I'm horrible with #s.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
well we don't have one. I'm not sure what we are going to do about that. I'm horrible with #s.
Same here.
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So cutting Carriker is an option, but we only save about 2.5 million.

Cutting Cofied nets us 900K in cap space. Not really worth that in my opinion.

Cutting Bowen nets us 1M in cap space.

Not really a promising set of cuts.

Adam Carriker will net about 2.5M.

Josh Morgan will net 4M.

Moss will net 4.5M

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
So cutting Carriker is an option, but we only save about 2.5 million.

Cutting Cofied nets us 900K in cap space. Not really worth that in my opinion.

Cutting Bowen nets us 1M in cap space.

Not really a promising set of cuts.

Adam Carriker will net about 2.5M.

Josh Morgan will net 4M.

Moss will net 4.5M
Cutting Carriker would basically pay for our draft picks. I think we should cut him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 21 of 83

Jump to: