Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals General Draft Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iRobot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
There's a reason we don't see our credible beat writers like Jurecki and Somers talking about who we like in the draft right now, because the Cardinals front office doesn't even know. Any report of our draft strategy at this point needs to be completely disregarded.

I don't see any harm in notifying people of what some are saying out there. Anyone who is doing a mock draft and comes in here looking for whatever tidbits might be out there can see it an use it for their personal use.

Now I am not saying that it's a done deal because so and so says so or a NFL Insider says it so its true.

I'm just relaying the information, I would hope people understand how to take information and understand the theory that the information is more theoretical than it is factual at this point, or any point really before the draft.

Many teams will "leak" information to gauge interest and to throw a misleading scent to their strategy.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
There's a reason we don't see our credible beat writers like Jurecki and Somers talking about who we like in the draft right now, because the Cardinals front office doesn't even know. Any report of our draft strategy at this point needs to be completely disregarded.

I don't see any harm in notifying people of what some are saying out there. Anyone who is doing a mock draft and comes in here looking for whatever tidbits might be out there can see it an use it for their personal use.

Now I am not saying that it's a done deal because so and so says so or a NFL Insider says it so its true.

I'm just relaying the information, I would hope people understand how to take information and understand the theory that the information is more theoretical than it is factual at this point, or any point really before the draft.

Many teams will "leak" information to gauge interest and to throw a misleading scent to their strategy.

Bolded: There's rarely anything good to come from knowingly false information, which is what this is.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
iRobot wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Bolded: There's rarely anything good to come from knowingly false information, which is what this is.

Some days I don't like you Champ...

Again, I don't see anything wrong with it. It came from an NFL.com writer who is bound to have some NFL ties and may have heard some commotion from Cardinals reps.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Jeremiah is a former scout and does have connections, but yeah its still too early

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, there are some days I don't even like me. On this, however, it's not really a debate for me. It's clearly not something anyone should do, taking information in early February from a writer not close to anyone within our organization and then pass it along as a legitimate news bite. I repeat, our brain trust hasn't even held a single formal draft discussion to this point. Not 1. This is something that shouldn't be taken into serious consideration. It's like reading the Enquirer. If you get a kick out of it, that's one thing. If you pass along in a serious "let's discuss this" manner that a Half Bat-Half Boy has fallen in love with Jenna Bush and is now stalking her, that's another. The information you pass along and in what fashion has be more closely monitored. Otherwise it's a bedlam of craziness that no sane person can follow.

Sidenote: That's a real Enquirer title. Saw it the other day. SMDH....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Daniel Jeremiah is a former scout and does have connections, but yeah its still too early

He's a talking head, same as Mayock. Good player evaluations, absolutely no connection to anything draft related in this organization in this month.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Don't worry, there are some days I don't even like me. On this, however, it's not really a debate for me. It's clearly not something anyone should do, taking information in early February from a writer not close to anyone within our organization and then pass it along as a legitimate news bite. I repeat, our brain trust hasn't even held a single formal draft discussion to this point. Not 1. This is something that shouldn't be taken into serious consideration. It's like reading the Enquirer. If you get a kick out of it, that's one thing. If you pass along in a serious "let's discuss this" manner that a Half Bat-Half Boy has fallen in love with Jenna Bush and is now stalking her, that's another. The information you pass along and in what fashion has be more closely monitored. Otherwise it's a bedlam of craziness that no sane person can follow.

Sidenote: That's a real Enquirer title. Saw it the other day. SMDH....

We don't see eye to eye on this, let alone at the fact that I didn't call for a discussion nor did I say it was accurate news. All I said was NFL Insiders are hearing there is interest in Glennon by Arizona.

If readers cannot see that is speculation and they take it as confirmed, true news.. that's their problem. If you begin to censor or police everything from speculation/rumor to real news, then I'll take my leave and go somewhere else. I truly hope that's not the way that this place is intended to be ran....

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
We don't see eye to eye on this, let alone at the fact that I didn't call for a discussion nor did I say it was accurate news. All I said was NFL Insiders are hearing there is interest in Glennon by Arizona.

The thing is though that is patently false. The Cardinals have not even started their draft meetings so how on earth are we, as an organization, supposed to "have interest" in a player who our Head Coach and GM have not even talked about?

It is, as I said earlier, likely that Jeremiah has talked to a Cardinals scout, said scout likes Glennon. Thus report the Cardinals have interest in Glennon.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
iRobot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
iRobot wrote:

The thing is though that is patently false. The Cardinals have not even started their draft meetings so how on earth are we, as an organization, supposed to "have interest" in a player who our Head Coach and GM have not even talked about?

It is, as I said earlier, likely that Jeremiah has talked to a Cardinals scout, said scout likes Glennon. Thus report the Cardinals have interest in Glennon.

Ok, so.. given said scenario and how I have said readers should be able to discern between valid, confirmed information.. and information being passed around from "NFL insiders" who have heard "rumors or rumblings" from an organization..

Again, not saying the information is true. I'm saying that the discussion of whether we as members of this forum should be able to post said information and let readers make their own decision on how to process that information.

Moderators do not need to object and approach posts like this with a underlying tone of "we're in control and this information shouldn't be posted on this board". That isn't the job. Their job is to make sure the members of a community are interacting in good ways and sharing information related to the topic of discussion. It's on the viewership to translate that information how they see fit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of my post(s) were from a moderator tone, they were from a Cardinals fan tone.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
None of my post(s) were from a moderator tone, they were from a Cardinals fan tone.

I'll PM you because I don't think the conversation needs to persist in this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got done watching the last 5 games Geno Smith played in 2012. Needless to say I seriously hope he magically falls to #7. He's got all the physical skills AND he seems to have the intangibles (pocket awareness, working through progressions, and not making bad decisions). The rest of QB class doesn't seem to possess enough of a combination of tangible and intangible qualities to warrant a 1st round selection. I see a lot of Tony Romo in Geno Smith.

2 problems I see with Geno's transition to the NFL.
1. He seriously struggles under center. I saw an alarming number of mis-snaps for such a little sample size.
2. He struggles in bad weather. The Iowa St. game (wind) and the Syracuse game (cold/snow) really hurt Geno. He couldn't adjust during the game. Luckily we'd play 8 games at home in our dome but come playoff time and away games at Seattle we could have a problem.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hope in the draft is for Fisher to be the pick at #7 and they trade up into the 1st from their 2nd rounder for Mike Glennon.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want us to force buffalo or jets to trade with us to get glennon, Wilson, Barkley getting us another 2nd or 3rd and then take fisher or Warmack

Play desire against them

Jets will trade, see sanchize as example
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
Ok, so.. given said scenario and how I have said readers should be able to discern between valid, confirmed information.. and information being passed around from "NFL insiders" who have heard "rumors or rumblings" from an organization..

But it is not even that. The only possible source of this information is; A] A team scout (Which means next to nothing, and little bearing on where the team actually goes and could be an individual view)
B] It is made up.

This is not rumblings or rumors from an organisation, it is hearsay produced by a scout.

It means nothing and it gets completely and utter overblown by any and every Cardinals fan who sees it.

Saying Arizona has interest in Glennon is a completely false report and utterly incorrect. Saying there are scouts for Arizona who like Glennon might be correct.

Bottom Line - It is not possible for Arizona to have interest in any players yet, their draft meetings have not started and there is nothing to be gleaned from any misinformation being thrown around right now and it is probably just better if it gets ignored.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 68 of 100

Jump to: