Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13: Giants War Room: 51st OTC - Sunday, March 3, 12PM!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Ice_Dude_2008 wrote:
So if Cruz taken away from us, do you want to target someone in the draft?


Depending on where the pick is, why not just get younger and more athletic and grab someone like BB21 with one of the first round picks?

Although I'd be ok with Nicks/Randle as our 1/2 WRs and grabbing a slot guy somewhere in round 3.


I agree with this.

BB82 fits perfectly in our slot. Would love to have him if Curz is gone.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current things to review/vote on:

We made a contract offer for Chris Clark!

Quote:
Contract: 2 years, 3 million (2nd year player option, $735,000 signing bonus)
Comparison: Anthony Collins http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/anthony-collins/
Compensation: None (original round of UDFA)

Complete contract details:
2013 - $715,000 base - $735,000 signing bonus = $1,450,000
2014 - $1,550,000 base (player option)


Upcoming Events (Could and has changed previously):
Quote:
February 7th- 10 PM- Tender/Closes for EFRA/RFA/Franchise Players
February 7th- 10 PM- Contract Offers Open for tendered players
February 8th- 10 PM- Contract Offers Close for Tendered players
February 9th- 10 AM- Teams able to match contracts for Tendered Players
February 10th- 10 PM- Unmatched players transferred, matched contracts final
February 10th- 10 PM- Unsigned Free agents released

February 11th 10:01 AM- Talent Agency Opens Tier 1
February 12th- 8:00 PM- Talent Agency Closes Tier 1
February 12th- 10:00 PM- Tier 1 Signings announced
February 12th- 10:01 PM- Talent Agency Opens Tier 2
February 13th- 8:00 PM- Talent Agency Closes Tier 2
February 13th- 10:00 PM- Tier 2 Signings announced
February 14th- 10:01 PM- Talent Agency Opens Tier 3
February 15th- 8:00 PM- Talent Agency Closes Tier 3
February 15th- 10:00 PM- Tier 3 Signings announced
February 16th- 8:00 AM- Shark Tank Opens
February 22nd- 8:00 PM- Shark Tank Closes
February 23rd- 8:00 AM- Draft Begins

_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 20792
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Ice_Dude_2008 wrote:
So if Cruz taken away from us, do you want to target someone in the draft?


Depending on where the pick is, why not just get younger and more athletic and grab someone like BB21 with one of the first round picks?

Although I'd be ok with Nicks/Randle as our 1/2 WRs and grabbing a slot guy somewhere in round 3.


I agree with this.

BB82 fits perfectly in our slot. Would love to have him if Curz is gone.


I haven't looked much into Wr's this year, I've heard good things of BB34 and BB39.
_________________


#WeTheNorth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
I haven't looked much into Wr's this year, I've heard good things of BB34 and BB39.


I like BB39 also. He's a great route runner. Also like BB34. This is a great WR draft so if Cruz goes, I wouldn't be too worried. Smile
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ice_Dude_2008


Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 1663
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
I haven't looked much into Wr's this year, I've heard good things of BB34 and BB39.


I like BB39 also. He's a great route runner. Also like BB34. This is a great WR draft so if Cruz goes, I wouldn't be too worried. Smile


If we get an earlier pick, BB12 is definitely the most complete receiver in the class. And if we didn't go WR round one I'd be perfectly happy with BB39. My 2B along side BB60. BB60 is a Boldin clone IMO while BB39 is Greg Jennings reborn. Either would be amazing BB60 in the third or BB39 in the second.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice_Dude_2008 wrote:
If we get an earlier pick, BB12 is definitely the most complete receiver in the class. And if we didn't go WR round one I'd be perfectly happy with BB39. My 2B along side BB60. BB60 is a Boldin clone IMO while BB39 is Greg Jennings reborn. Either would be amazing BB60 in the third or BB39 in the second.

I agree, but outside of BB39, Im not sure any of those guys would be good slot receivers. Need someone to work inside. I think BB39 could do it, but BB60 and BB12 are definitely outside receivers imo. Although if BB12 is at our pick in the 1st round and we lost Cruz I wouldn't hesitate to make him a Giant.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ice_Dude_2008


Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 1663
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Ice_Dude_2008 wrote:
If we get an earlier pick, BB12 is definitely the most complete receiver in the class. And if we didn't go WR round one I'd be perfectly happy with BB39. My 2B along side BB60. BB60 is a Boldin clone IMO while BB39 is Greg Jennings reborn. Either would be amazing BB60 in the third or BB39 in the second.

I agree, but outside of BB39, Im not sure any of those guys would be good slot receivers. Need someone to work inside. I think BB39 could do it, but BB60 and BB12 are definitely outside receivers imo. Although if BB12 is at our pick in the 1st round and we lost Cruz I wouldn't hesitate to make him a Giant.


Yeah I know dude is an absolute monster. The best comparison I think would be Roddy White. He just catches everything. And I think BB39 is an outside receiver that can be moved to the slot every other play or so.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigblueben


Joined: 17 Apr 2009
Posts: 348
Location: Colchester, England
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB115 is the WR who intrigues me the most. Obviously raw but think of the creative options you'd get with him (we'd also need a new OC of course Very Happy)
_________________

mad props to Rase on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HakeemTheDream


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 514
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think maybe we should let Jernigan get a chance to fill that slot role that was supposed to be his before Cruz's emergence? I don't like Jernigan, but he deserves a chance.

Also, instead of looking at draft prospects for the slot, maybe we should look at the FA market, since this guy will most likely have to come and play right away. I think that FA52 would be a great fit for the slot, obviously. But he may not come as cheap as we can afford. Another cheaper option is FA62. I really like FA62. He would have an advantage with the system we run and his chemistry with the team would be better than all other options. Thoughts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigblueben


Joined: 17 Apr 2009
Posts: 348
Location: Colchester, England
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree HTD, we should really look for a solid starter over a rook for the immediate future. FA52 would be my choice over 62, but that might just be my dislike for 62 showing!

BB115 in the draft additionally though Very Happy
_________________

mad props to Rase on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HakeemTheDream


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 514
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigblueben wrote:
I agree HTD, we should really look for a solid starter over a rook for the immediate future. FA52 would be my choice over 62, but that might just be my dislike for 62 showing!

BB115 in the draft additionally though Very Happy


I like BB115 as a prospect and person. I've seen him play many times because he went to high school right down the road from me. That said, I don't know how well he will translate to the WR position. Very, very raw in terms of receiving skills.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice_Dude_2008 wrote:
Yeah I know dude is an absolute monster. The best comparison I think would be Roddy White. He just catches everything. And I think BB39 is an outside receiver that can be moved to the slot every other play or so.


I agree with BB39 being an outside receiver but I feel like he could play inside for us like Steve Smith did here.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
bigblueben wrote:
I agree HTD, we should really look for a solid starter over a rook for the immediate future. FA52 would be my choice over 62, but that might just be my dislike for 62 showing!

BB115 in the draft additionally though Very Happy


I like BB115 as a prospect and person. I've seen him play many times because he went to high school right down the road from me. That said, I don't know how well he will translate to the WR position. Very, very raw in terms of receiving skills.


Agree not a fan of BB115.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
Think maybe we should let Jernigan get a chance to fill that slot role that was supposed to be his before Cruz's emergence? I don't like Jernigan, but he deserves a chance.

Also, instead of looking at draft prospects for the slot, maybe we should look at the FA market, since this guy will most likely have to come and play right away. I think that FA52 would be a great fit for the slot, obviously. But he may not come as cheap as we can afford. Another cheaper option is FA62. I really like FA62. He would have an advantage with the system we run and his chemistry with the team would be better than all other options. Thoughts?


The F/A market for receivers is really weak this year. Some top guys are good but we can't afford them. I think our best bet is this draft since its a very good receiver draft. We can put Jernigan there to begin the season and work whoever we draft in.

F/A 52 was resigned. Have to fix some of that now that they allowed more resignings. F/A 62 wouldn't be too bad, but I trust Jernigan more than him at this point.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently we have another day to make offers to RFA. Its over today at 10PM (was extended). I am restarting the AJ Jefferson offer vote.

Quote:
AJ Jefferson offer tally:

1 yes (minutemancl)
1 no (Gmen4ev)
1 split/majority vote (Save the Hero)


Anyone else we like?

Save The Hero wrote:
Position Player Tender Amount
CB AJ Jefferson RofR
DT Nate Collins RofR
G Jeff Linkenbach RofR
DT Steve McLendon RofR
HB Isaac Redman RofR
S Colt Anderson RofR
RB Chris Ogbonnaya 7th
CB Phillip Adams 7th
DT Clinton McDonald 7th
HB Jonathan Dwyer 6th
TE Michael Hoomanawanui 5th
LB AJ Edds 4th
G Seth Olsen 4th
OT Jason Fox 4th
WR Emmanuel Sanders 3rd
DE Daniel Te'o-Nesheim 3rd
TE Ed Dickson 3rd
C Brian De La Puente 2nd
DE Junior Galette 2nd
HB Chris Ivory 2nd
CB Cassius Vaughn 2nd
DE Willie Young 2nd
P Britton Colquitt 2nd
DT Arthur Jones 2nd
TE Dennis Pitta 2nd
WR Jordan Shipley 2nd
S Darian Stewart 2nd
C Evan Dietrich-Smith 2nd
DT Ropati Pitoitua 2nd
C Fernando Velasco 2nd
WR Danario Alexander 2nd
CB Sam Shields 1st

_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 41 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group