Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kiper and McShay's latest Mock (2/8)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Kiper and McShay's latest Mock (2/8) Reply with quote

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2013/02/nfl-draft-mock-cleveland-browns-espn/

SO basically Kiper has the Browns taking Werner and McShay has us taking Mingo. Now, I know a lot of us don't really give much credence to these two and the only reason they get so much run is because they're on the four letter, but in the drag between the Super Bowl and the combine / FA / the draft, it's fun to discuss the "experts"

Personally, with either pick I'd be pretty ho-hum. I'd much rather land Moore / Jones / Miliner or even Ansah... I'm becoming less sold on Werner in the 3-4 and Mingo just seems like a pretty vanilla prospect.

You have to be an insider to see the whole draft, but here are the links for both because they still show the first 5 picks for McShay and first 3 for Kiper to everyone regardless (in case you want to see how the picks before the Browns line-up).
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8921178/2013-nfl-mock-draft-linemen-dominate-top-board
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8916826/2013-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-second-mock-draft
cattleman78

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both walter and Charlie Campbell have Ansah going to us.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to get Zeke or Jordan
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moore, mingo, jones, or jordan are all possible at that position for me at this point.

not so much werner who looks like a 43lde to me, and Im not high on Ansah who could very easily be a 2nd round pick.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werner is the best 34 olb in this draft. I bet he blows the top off Moore in the combine. Just because he's big doest mean be can't be an OLB. He's great is space, relentless and in general moves great. He has the best combination of athleticism skill and motor in the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
moore, mingo, jones, or jordan are all possible at that position for me at this point.

not so much werner who looks like a 43lde to me, and Im not high on Ansah who could very easily be a 2nd round pick.

You know, I do agree with you there. I think he could be the most volatile player in the first round between now and the draft.. he just seems like the type of player a GM could see and say the sky is the limit or on the flip side, he just hasn't shown enough to warrant a top ten / even top twenty pick. There's definitely soooo much time for things to shake out before the draft.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now it's either Moore or Jordan for me, I could live with Mingo but rather have the first 2
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

combine should help sort these OLB prospects out a bit better...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Ansah
2. Jordan
3. Mingo
4. Jones

I'm almost positive Moore, Milliner, and Star will be off the board by the time we pick.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
1. Ansah
2. Jordan
3. Mingo
4. Jones

I'm almost positive Moore, Milliner, and Star will be off the board by the time we pick.

Agreed... realistically, I'm pulling for Jones to check out medically because I think he could wreak havoc, but I'll tell you what... barring a combine meltdown, if the top five works out how McShay projects and we pass on Moore for Mingo, I'll be ticked.

Here's some questions for everyone... Geno Smith has been projected by a lot of mocks to go 1 overall, so if he does fall past KC and Philly to us do you think he's a realistic possibility to draft over all the defensive players? Also, do you think that increases our chances to trade down with someone, given we're picking right before Arizona and their need for a QB?
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk what it is I just don't see ansah as an olb
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
1. Ansah
2. Jordan
3. Mingo
4. Jones

Agreed... realistically, I'm pulling for Jones to check out medically because I think he could wreak havoc, but I'll tell you what... barring a combine meltdown, if the top five works out how McShay projects and we pass on Moore for Mingo, I'll be ticked.

Here's some questions for everyone... Geno Smith has been projected by a lot of mocks to go 1 overall, so if he does fall past KC and Philly to us do you think he's a realistic possibility to draft over all the defensive players? Also, do you think that increases our chances to trade down with someone, given we're picking right before Arizona and their need for a QB?

Honestly no idt geno is a possibility
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper, McShay, all meteorologists and politicians have the best jobs in the world...they don't have to be and often are not right.

That having been said, my take is that Star or Milliner (sp?) will be there when we pick, and absent a trade down (please, please, please, please, please God!), we will be taking one or the other of them.
Fullback40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC- Geno Smith/QB/West Virginia
JAX- Bjorn Werner/DE/Florida State
OAK- Barkevious Mingo/DE/LSU
PHI- Luke Joeckel/OT/Texas A&M
DET- DeMarcus Milliner/CB/Alabama

That's how I see the top half of the draft playing out...with maybe Damontre Moore to DET and Star Lotulelei to OAK.

I think Mingo blows up the combine and runs 4.53ish 40 time. He's so fast and I think Oakland lacks that on the outside.

In that scenario, give me Star Lotulelei and run away like a thief in the night.
StewieRules

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mingo reminds me of Wimbley in a lot of ways, quick 1st step and little to no functional strength - outside rush after outside rush after outside rush where the LT guides him right around the pocket.

Werner at least has the strength to vary his pass rush. Does he have the athleticism to play in space & cover? Tough to tell as a casual observer, he wasn't asked to do that much on a 4-man front. Gotta like his motor and love for the game though.

Honestly, the more I watch clips of Ansah the more I like him. He's big, no doubt, but the guy's fluid and he has some speed to go with that 6-6 270 pound frame of his. Given Horton's preference for attack, I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we picked him, even at 6.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: