Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cordarrelle Patterson should be the pick!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BDog19851 wrote:
Why would we not draft him if we bring in Jennings? Rookies don't cost that much anymore! Say Jennings gets 7 million a season and Hartline gets 4 or 5 million a season, that's not too high of a number for a group of wr's. I'm not apposed to drafting interior guys, but their easier to find later in the draft, Patterson has by far the best chance of any wr in the draft to be to be elite. Think Julio Jones, A.J. Green, there's only maybe one of those guys a year. Sometimes a risk is needed to garner great reward. I think the staffs main focus will be to surround RT with weapons as well as protect him. We shall see how it goes come draft day, never know what Ireland will do, generally i find myself smh on draft day.

As far as people saying he looks like a track guy and not making great catches. Not sure what you were seeing, because i saw him high point the ball and catch it with his hands, as well as ridiculous lateral quickness. To compare him to Clyde Gates is not an accurate comparison at all. Maybe a less polished A. J. Green, though he appears faster than Green.

Because that puts us at 4 WR's and we have holes in other places, like needing 2 CB's as it seems Sean Smith wont be signing with us, I am trying to be realastic here, I have a man crush on him, but with needs at.

RT, LT, DBx2, DE or DT. I dont see them spending our #1 pick on WR when our roster will look like

Greg Jennings/ Wallace
Brian Hartline
Davone Bees
Marlon Moore
Rishard Mathews

there will be a rookie WR drafted but in the late 2nd or 3rd round.
Stedman Bailey West Virgina
Ryan Swope Texas
Markus Wheaton Oregon
Emory Blake, Auburn

Are a few I think we will be looking toward if we end up siging one of the big two.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats)
60.5-Comp/ 419 Yards/ 3-TD's/ 2-INT/ 76.1-Rating
BDog19851

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya! Probably wont happen, but wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility. No doubt we have a lot of holes to fill, and some wont be filled this off season, but the fact of the matter is we're a few years away still. So adding an elite play maker to grow with RT would be a nice silver lining on the season, since our chances of making the playoffs next year aren't great, and chances of competing for a championship are very little. That is the unfortunate truth. Also bringing in Jennings and Patterson would take a ton of pressure off of the o line, hell just one of them would. Teams would have to play a lot more nickle and coverage, apposed to stacking the box like last year. That being said, if we do lose long, something will have to be done at the tackle position.
phins72

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they brought in jennings i wouldn't complain because he can teach him how to run better routs
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be ok with the pick. I have only one warning. If the New England Patriots take Tavon Austin, WR West Virginia, we will hate life.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I would be ok with the pick. I have only one warning. If the New England Patriots take Tavon Austin, WR West Virginia, we will hate life.

I hate anyone who New England takes.... they draft the best available everytime.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats)
60.5-Comp/ 419 Yards/ 3-TD's/ 2-INT/ 76.1-Rating
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

I don't see all that much in Tavon Austin at all. He reminds me of Brandon Tate.

UniversalAuthor
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think a GM that's preparing a roster for his make or break season is going to spend his first round pick on a wide out with such a lack of production. If we get a Wallace in FA, start to think Quinton Patton. Robert Woods had high production as well.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap. That kid is fast, makes people look silly, and is very explosive. No doubt the #1 WR.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing
SUG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mia will not be selecting a WR with the 1st pk.
So can we move on to the premium positions of DE - TE or LOT that we are certain both our HC & GM put a premium on ....

sug
BDog19851

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who think Cordarrelle Patterson didn't have production at Tenn.

During his only season at the FBS level, Patterson accumulated a wide variety of statistics while starting all 12 games. As a receiver, the junior caught 46 passes for 778 yards and five touchdowns. As the season went along, The Vols started to use Patterson more and more from the running back position, and he tallied 208 rushing yards and three touchdowns on 25 carries. The junior returned four punts for 101 yards and a touchdown. However, Patterson did most of his damage as a kick returner, compiling 671 yards and another touchdown on 24 attempts. He set an SEC single-season record with a combined kickoff and punt return average of 27.6 yards, and a school record of 1,858 all-purpose yards.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they pass on him...

He had one game in which he topped 100 yards all season....and that was against Troy Rolling Eyes

In games where he played against Top competition....Georgia, Mississippi State, South Carolina and Bama he had 8 catches for 107 yards...total. It wasn't as if Tennessee was just shut out as they scored over 30 in 3 of the 4 games.

Tavon Austin top 100 yard games 6 times this past season....as for all-purpose yards....try 2910 Shocked for Mr. Austin....his Jr year was just as productive...

If given the choice between the two I'm taking Tavon Austin 10 times out of 10...

Highlights...

one games....524 All-purpose yards....against Oklahoma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxzPryPMB74

Senior Season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ob_YkwLiSI

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me silly but I want a #12 pick to be a player that starts and contributes on day one. I'm not looking for a guy I hope will be elite down the road.

Patterson may have the most upside but there are others guys more able to contribute right now. Besides, I don't see us as a vertical down the field team. Better a jerry rice than a randy moss for us.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
I don't think a GM that's preparing a roster for his make or break season is going to spend his first round pick on a wide out with such a lack of production. If we get a Wallace in FA, start to think Quinton Patton. Robert Woods had high production as well.

Quinton Patton is exactly what this offense looks for

UniversalAuthor
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:

This draft doesn't have a sure fire WR that is worth a top 10 pick, but the value in the second round is really good...Patton, Woods, Bailey...any would upgrade the WR core.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:

This draft doesn't have a sure fire WR that is worth a top 10 pick, but the value in the second round is really good...Patton, Woods, Bailey...any would upgrade the WR core.

To me Patton is a 2nd round pick but top talent. The guy is easily the best route runner in the draft. I think he will be the best WR in the draft.

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: