Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013-14 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
infamous46

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IvyLeague wrote:
infamous46 wrote:
Watched tapes of Alabama and LSU anytime Montgomery was facing up against Warmack, Sam Montgomery was blowing Warmack right off the ball and Chance didn't have much of a chance against him. I see chance of more of a run-blocker has very quick feet does the trap very well and is good on the pulls. Also everywhere I see people saying he looks likd he loves to block but from what I see he is usually the first person to give up on a play

What the [inappropriate/removed] are you talking about?

I literally went through every play and Montgomery matched up against Warmack like 6 times. Warmack didn't get beat once. Montgomery got him off balance on one play but that's it. Chance stoned him the other 5 or so times. I have no clue what you were watching.

Take of your Chance glasses. I didn't say he have up a sack I'm saying he didn't look good against Montgomery it's a fact Montgomery pushed him back each time only time Chance looked good was when he was pulling cause he has quick feet and he did the trap good, I'm just stating why I don't think he is worth a top 20 pick in the NFL he would be exposed in the pass-rush but I see why people like him cause he is Brandon Moore 2.0
rampantjet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Moore was a UDFA, who ended up playing well at the next level. Chance Warmack is being talked about as a top 10 pick and has been called the best guard prospect in years.... So no he is not Brandon Moore 2.0. He has a much higher cieling.
infamous46

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
Brandon Moore was a UDFA, who ended up playing well at the next level. Chance Warmack is being talked about as a top 10 pick and has been called the best guard prospect in years.... So no he is not Brandon Moore 2.0. He has a much higher cieling.

People were saying Decastro was the best guard prospect in years(not saying anyone here) Brick was talked about best prospect in 10 years the. The next year it was Long or Thomas, there was also Bryant Mckinnie people said was the best ever, every year there is a player everybody says it about it's not like you can't get that player the next year Or every year. When Brandon Moore came out started and then a year after he was considered one of the best RGs in the league
perikirest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

infamous46 wrote:
rampantjet wrote:

People were saying Decastro was the best guard prospect in years(not saying anyone here) Brick was talked about best prospect in 10 years the. The next year it was Long or Thomas, there was also Bryant Mckinnie people said was the best ever, every year there is a player everybody says it about it's not like you can't get that player the next year Or every year. When Brandon Moore came out started and then a year after he was considered one of the best RGs in the league

Same thing about Kalil last year "best LT prospect in 10 years!"

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
RollTide99

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gs can be found in the middle rounds rather draft Patterson, Allen, Jordan, Moore, Mingo, or Elam

JMG on the sig
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perikirest wrote:
infamous46 wrote:
rampantjet wrote:

Same thing about Kalil last year "best LT prospect in 10 years!"

no he wasn't but I get your point

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

infamous46 wrote:
IvyLeague wrote:
infamous46 wrote:
Watched tapes of Alabama and LSU anytime Montgomery was facing up against Warmack, Sam Montgomery was blowing Warmack right off the ball and Chance didn't have much of a chance against him. I see chance of more of a run-blocker has very quick feet does the trap very well and is good on the pulls. Also everywhere I see people saying he looks likd he loves to block but from what I see he is usually the first person to give up on a play

What the [inappropriate/removed] are you talking about?

I literally went through every play and Montgomery matched up against Warmack like 6 times. Warmack didn't get beat once. Montgomery got him off balance on one play but that's it. Chance stoned him the other 5 or so times. I have no clue what you were watching.

Take of your Chance glasses. I didn't say he have up a sack I'm saying he didn't look good against Montgomery it's a fact Montgomery pushed him back each time only time Chance looked good was when he was pulling cause he has quick feet and he did the trap good, I'm just stating why I don't think he is worth a top 20 pick in the NFL he would be exposed in the pass-rush but I see why people like him cause he is Brandon Moore 2.0

That's not a fact although Montgomery got push a couple times. One of them, he did push Chance off balance. But Chance handled him almost every time.

That said, Montgomery has freakish power for his size along with violent hands and long arms. It's why I like him so much as a DE prospect.

And you're completely wrong about him being Brandon Moore or being exposed in the NFL. He moves well for his size, can punch and grab effectively, has a strong base and is really sound technically. That's as a pass blocker.

He won't be exposed at all. Kid has serious ability. He'll be a Pro Bowler in the NFL.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
RollTide99

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys think Montgomery can play LB?

JMG on the sig
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollTide99 wrote:

I dont think so he seems a bit too stiff
KBS756

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't get the sentiment behind picking Warmack at 9 ...
We can find serviceable guards later for cheaper. Why take Warmack at 9 when you could find someone nearly as good as him at the bottom of the 1st like Cooper. Also we desperately need to pick up some talent at OLB if anybody we think is elite is there we must pick them. QB and other needs come up then. Makes no sense to blow such a high pick on Warmack ...
famousj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
I really don't get the sentiment behind picking Warmack at 9 ...
We can find serviceable guards later for cheaper. Why take Warmack at 9 when you could find someone nearly as good as him at the bottom of the 1st like Cooper. Also we desperately need to pick up some talent at OLB if anybody we think is elite is there we must pick them. QB and other needs come up then. Makes no sense to blow such a high pick on Warmack ...

Teams win with elite players not "serviceable" players. Why pass on a player who people expect to be a perinnal pro-bowl player for a player who might turn out to be pro-bowler? Should we have passed on Nick Mangold for a "serviceable" cheaper player? Revis? Brickashaw? This is not fantasy football. You need dominate lines to win in the real NFL league along with a good offense. Did you even see the Superbowl? Are the Jets offensive and defensive lines anywhere near what the 49ers and Ravens have? Getting Warmack at 9 will not be a mistake. There will be no LB,DE, QB, WR or RB at #9 that will have the upside Chance Warmack will have. Chance Warmack will be the best available player at #9. I will not be happy with any player taken at #9 if Chance Warmack is still available.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollTide99 wrote:

In a Lamar Woodley role yes.

Mack on the Sig
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollTide99 wrote:

In the right role, he can. If you use him like Terrell Suggs or DeMarcus Ware have been used, he could definitely handle it.

I feel his best position is probably 4-3 DE but Ware and Suggs are basically used as 4-3 DEs. Just line up differently and sometimes line up with the hand out of the dirt.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
JerseyJet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we start Sanchez and suck our way to Johnny Manziel next year! Kid is like Drew Brees and RG3 in one. IMO one of the best QB prospects to come out in the last decade.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyJet wrote:
Hopefully we start Sanchez and suck our way to Johnny Manziel next year! Kid is like Drew Brees and RG3 in one. IMO one of the best QB prospects to come out in the last decade.

Dear God no.

He's going to have a Tim Tebow like transition from college to the NFL. The problem is, Manziel doesn't have near the arm strength Tebow does. I can all but guarantee this guy will not be a successful QB in the NFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 13 of 71

Jump to: