Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Rookies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramblinbuc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be a total homer here, But it seems like Doug Martin could have a pretty good year, and next year he will have Nicks and Davin Joseph blocking for him, I don't think that could make you any worse.

For a few non Homer picks.

Harrison Smith- Im from the midwest, saw alot of him this year, I think he has great upside.

Janoris Jenkins- Dude is a beast, If Fischer keeps him out of trouble I think he will quickly become one of the best corners in the NFL, Him and Finny should be nasty.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janoris Jenkins. He was far and away the best rookie CB this year. And i dont want to hear Casey Hayward.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indy's rookies have received a good amount of attention, but the guy flying under the radar to keep an eye on is Josh Chapman, who essentially used last year as a medical redshirt. He'll get every opportunity to start for us at NT and our defense will show a lot of improvement once we've upgraded over Antonio Johnson.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Wilson could breakout for sure if he gets more time. But he could also not do too well. I lean more towards good though.

I think Brockers establishes himself as a huge force.

Claiborne will be more highly regarded next year.

Homer pick is Kendall Reyes. He consistently generates pressure and should be real good.
Hopped of the Nick Perry bandwagon have you? Wink

Nick PErry is going to destroy the league, I thought that much was obvious. It won't be fair to discuss him in this thread since he's too good. Wink

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Walshy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homer: Alshon Jeffery

Non-homer's: Janoris Jenkins, Ryan Tannehil, and Harrison Smith

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
LongArmOfTheLaw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent Richardson, and I have a feeling Brian Quick is going to have a big year.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Janoris Jenkins. He was far and away the best rookie CB this year. And i dont want to hear Casey Hayward.

Umm what? Why don't you want to hear about Casey Hayward?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Because i know Packers fans will come and say that 'No Hayward was the best rookie CB'.

MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Because i know Packers fans will come and say that 'No Hayward was the best rookie CB'.

I'm a Hawk fan, and Casey Heyward was the best rookie CB. Jenkins got burned..... alot. He has some very nice potential, but Heyward had the better rookie year. Neither were all world or anything though.
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltimore had a great draft. Upshaw was a good run defender, Osemele was a under average RT, but he's been amazing at LG, and Bernard Pierce might be the best change of pace back in the league.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

I'm a Hawk fan, and Casey Heyward was the best rookie CB. Jenkins got burned..... alot. He has some very nice potential, but Heyward had the better rookie year. Neither were all world or anything though.

Hayward played in the slot. Jenkins was great for a rookie. Jenkins was better.

MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Yeah, I know the arguments for Jenkins. Hayward didn't play all snaps. Hayward was a slot CB.

Still, his performance was better. Jenkins got burnt bad sometimes. Just because Hayward didn't start on the outside doesn't mean we should discount his performance.

And for the record, I don't even like Heyward that much. I think Jenkins will be a perennial pro bowler, and I still think the 49ers should've taken him with their first rounder rather than AJ Jenkins. Maybe if they did their defense would be one for the ages and they would have 6 rings, but no.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Yeah, I know the arguments for Jenkins. Hayward didn't play all snaps. Hayward was a slot CB.

Still, his performance was better. Jenkins got burnt bad sometimes. Just because Hayward didn't start on the outside doesn't mean we should discount his performance.

And for the record, I don't even like Heyward that much. I think Jenkins will be a perennial pro bowler, and I still think the 49ers should've taken him with their first rounder rather than AJ Jenkins. Maybe if they did their defense would be one for the ages and they would have 6 rings, but no.

He got burnt bad sometimes but hes a rookie. He got burnt while at the same time made some game changing plays. Also i hope youre not going off interceptions as part of your argument.

MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

He got burnt bad sometimes but hes a rookie. He got burnt while at the same time made some game changing plays. Also i hope youre not going off interceptions as part of your argument.

I'm not, I just think Hayward didn't get burnt as much. INT's are one of the worst #'s in the game (Sacks are the downright worst), and Kyle Arrington had something like 7 in 2011, leading the league. Was he elite? No. Was he even good? No.

And don't worry, I won't obsessively argue with you over this either. I read that thread with the Packer fans mercilessly pimping Hayward, and I felt a little bad for you.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Josh Gordon will have 1000+ yards receiving and 10+ TDs

I don't doubt that for one second. Gordon is an absolute stud. What he did last season was extremely impressive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: