Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REMINDER OF GUIDELINES

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fretgod99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: REMINDER OF GUIDELINES Reply with quote

Since we're going to be getting into the news heavy cycle of the NFL season, I figured a reminder of the guidelines for starting topics would be in order.

Webmaster wrote:
NFL News Forum Guidelines

Guidelines for starting a new topic:
1. Check to ensure there isn’t already an existing or similar topic.

2. Create a subject title that accurately describes the topic. Titles like ‘Wow, big trade’ or ‘He got cut’ won’t help anyone and will lead to duplicates.

3. Always post a link to your source and include a brief summary of the news. Don’t just post a link; make sure you include a brief summary. We want to read your views and this will help stimulate great discussions.

4. Only post rumors where you can link to a reputable source. Don’t post rumors you heard on the radio or from your friend or that you made up.

5. The new NFL News forum is only for discussion of reputable news stories. It's not to be used for games, predictions, comparisons, etc.

When starting a topic, it is absolutely important to include a link to a reputable source. The News Forum is not for innuendo, rumor, or blind conjecture; it is for discussion of meaningful and impactful news that has actually occurred or likely will occur, according to a reliable source.

Remember, the purpose here is to discuss the impact these stories have. So, include your thoughts when you post a link to the story to start the discussion off. Threads not following this rule will be locked.

And, don't forget that this isn't WAYTA or another thread in TAST. Please provide productive responses. One word answers, +1, simply replying with a sarcastic pic or gif aren't going to help foment discussion.

Thanks again and happy posting!

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
fretgod99

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bumping to make sure everybody gets a chance to read this.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:

fretgod99 wrote:
Remember, the purpose here is to discuss the impact these stories have. So, include your thoughts when you post a link to the story to start the discussion off.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:

fretgod99 wrote:
Remember, the purpose here is to discuss the impact these stories have. So, include your thoughts when you post a link to the story to start the discussion off.

BUMPING. PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS PART:

fretgod99 wrote:

If you don't follow this guideline, you are post padding and are subject to a WARNING. If you can't share all of your thoughts before you click "Submit" then let someone else break the news.

- ET

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: