Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pro Wrestling XIV: The Return of SWAGGIE TIME
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Photo of the belt

what's wrong with you?

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
boondock

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
definitely in the minority, but actually like the belt.

As do I.

I wonder if this is the permanent belt or if this one if just for Rock and when Cena wins at WM, he will get another belt?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belt looks sick imo, 10x better than the last one

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:
definitely in the minority, but actually like the belt.

As do I.

I wonder if this is the permanent belt or if this one if just for Rock and when Cena wins at WM, he will get another belt?

i imagine they are just going to gauge perceptions of it in the coming weeks. then they have the option either way.

i'd be more than happy if they kept it though.

Blahman88 wrote:
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Belt looks sick imo, 10x better than the last one

wasn't hard Very Happy

Blahman88 wrote:
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
So they break their 10 year rule for Maddison Square Garden, why?
Like said before, it was only a "rule" twice. And in that same WrestleMania documentary they point out how it has gotten bigger than they could have imagined and it is very unlikely that they ever have it in anything but an Stadium ever again. And MSG just cant hold the amount of people, not to mention they cant do a massive stage there.

As far as the belt goes, I love it. It looks great, and its just another thing that seems like they are pointing to a new era in wrestling. Since the merger, the WWE championship has always been the "New generation" belt, (undisputed, spinner) while the BGB hold more of the classic feel to it. I like the way the Black inlay turned out behind the Logo, I originally thought it would be cool to see it platinum behind it, but this makes it a good looking title, without being gaudy. If they are going to be changing the side panels for each holder rather than just a Name Plate, its a cool new design that no one has ever done before.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally figured it out. The belt looks like a huge class ring.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

can't be unread, nor unseen

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

Pretty much. Also, the side/secondary plates evidently won't be changed out with each belt-holder, but rather once Rock drops the belt will go to a more blingy bearing of the E logo (as if the one on the main plate wasn't enough):

I get the desire to go "modern," but the lack of a name plate (which always bugged me about the Spinner) and that black-backing just bugs me. If the black backing were just replaced with gold or platinum (with there still being the deep cut/elevation change) it would look very good and be a great balance between old school and new school.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the black showing through. By biggest issue is I don't really like the shape/size

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
bkobow05

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like the belt.

#JDI
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
I personally like the belt.

it actually looks better with the logos on the sides, and not the Bulls. For some reason that looks stupid (may just be how it looks on Rocky's design, may look good with other wrestlers logo type stuff

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Dus10 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Dus10 wrote:
Some of you need to crawl into your Bryan Danielson pajamas and watch ROH matches on loop to satisfy your hip views on pro wrestling.

The Rock v. Hulk Hogan was one of if not "the" greatest Wrestlemania matches of all-time and it was because the fans in attendance cared about the two wrestlers.

Cena/Rock needs to be the match. CM Punk does not have the kind of following that goes hand in hand with being in the main event of a Wrestlemania.

At this point your need to thump your chest and play the "I'm a superior wrestling fan because I talk down the Indy guys" shtick

Seems like an oxymoron, no? Laughing

Maybe, but the heir of superiority you choose to use when addressing others in here is truly comedic. Different people watch professional wrestling for different reasons. Kind of like how in here plenty of us are well aware that Gmen is a pretty massive Cena mark, and while we rib him about it from time to time, no one talks down to him and tries to make him feel like less of fan because he likes a character that many of us find stale (and some of us find the person behind the character to be somewhat hypocritical).

Now on-topic, believe it or not I'm actually of the opinion that it's more sensible to keep the ME as Cena v. Rock - mostly because the finish is pretty much predictable (just as last years was to anyone who had watched the Rock/Hogan ME you referenced): Cena will go over and both he and Rock will remain aligned face, and we'll get the Rocky finally endorses John-boy and raises his hand/hands him the belt post-match celebration. If they insert Punk in this match then try to pull a Cena v. Punk match at Backlash it's going to be the same crap they were constantly pulling with both Cena and Orton that had both of them going stale (as it would be 3 straight PPV's with Punk in the challenging role - and the 4th straight where it was largely accepted that he was competing in a match he had no chance of being put over in).

However, they're not going to move a guy who had been in the ME the past consecutive year down to the lower mid-card (which if there's a McMahon v. Heyman/HHH v. Lesnar, a Shield v. whoever, plus the actual ME, plus the BGB belt, is likely to happen unless Taker is able to go). You're right, Punk doesn't draw to the amount that Cena and Rock do, and for varying reasons. At this point Cena draws more than Rock does because he's the standard bearer of the "two-for-one" crowd (the kids, as in you draw the kids and you get the parents too because the kids aren't going to come to/pay for tickets, PPV's, merchandise with their allowance money). However at this point, once Rock's gone in April and Jericho goes off to host Robot Fights (or whatever it's called) to go make movies again, he's still the #2 draw (yes over Orton and Ryback and Sheamus - in fact without Taker there, the only one who's drawing as close to Cena and second-place Punk is DB; Del Rio is getting there but not there yet and may not be until post Mania, assuming this feud plays out well in his favor, and even then it may take him getting a rub from say a "retiring" (doubt he will) Mysterio.

Oh, and let me solve the "why Dolph would enter the Rumble but not the EC" quandary for you all... winning the Rumble would have given him at shot at either title at Mania. He was in a tet-a-tet with Jericho at the time, the first guy to unite the belts as Undisputed Champion - so there's gain to be had, especially for a "show-off". He could do something that, aside from Jericho, no one on the current roster had ever done (hold both belts at the same time). Competing in the EC wouldn't have given him that same potential gain.

yeah... brought that point up already

thanks for solving it tho
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not that it's some crazy quest to figure out why he would enter the Rumble and not EC, it's that acting like it's completely unfathomable that his character would want to enter EC is just silly. I don't think he should have wanted to enter EC, but I can see how it'd make sense for his character.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
it's not that it's some crazy quest to figure out why he would enter the Rumble and not EC, it's that acting like it's completely unfathomable that his character would want to enter EC is just silly. I don't think he should have wanted to enter EC, but I can see how it'd make sense for his character.

I think one other thing is that despite the fact that some feel it's "booking logic fail" by the same logic you can't have the guy out there refusing to enter the EC match because it makes him look weak and the expectation then is - because he's a heel and the powers that be (Booker T) is a face with a penchant for screwing with heels - because he'll just end up booked in some match and probably once again with MitB on the line (because literally, this is what they've made Booker's character into at this point - he'd use the "well if you aren't willing to risk your livelihood in the EC then you obviously don't deserve MitB" - have I mentioned I hate how they write Booker's character? It's fine when it's Vince because Vince is Vince and flipflops between heel, face, and neutral on a whim, Book is written as a face).

Can we all just agree to disagree that while the way they got to where they were at EC wasn't ideal the result of what they pulled out at EC with Dolph was about as good as we were going to get (they weren't going to give an "impromptu"/time-filler match 15+ minutes) in the promo and a still entertaining-if-short match?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 7 of 99

Jump to: