Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade up or down?? ***Voodoo Mock***

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 432
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Trade up or down?? ***Voodoo Mock*** Reply with quote

Now, the question is simple: Do we trade up or trade down? I wholeheartedly say we trade down. I say we target Kansas City. They need a QB and likely will not spend the first orverall pick doing so. Therefore we trade them our 15th pick and a player position they need (OT, OG, RB for example) for their 2nd rounder, 4th-6th rounder(pick one, I used 5) 2014 1st.

So, we get:
RD 2: Margus Hunt DE/OLB, Wisconsin
RD 3: Chase Thomas OLB, Stanford
RD 4: JJ Wilcox SS , Georgia Southern
RD 5: Darius Slay CB, Miss. St.
RD 5: Reid Fragel OT, Ohio State
RD 6: Jordan Rodgers QB, Vanderbilt
RD 7: Denard Robinson WR , Michigan
_________________


^NS922 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2492
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Trade up or down?? ***Voodoo Mock*** Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Now, the question is simple: Do we trade up or trade down? I wholeheartedly say we trade down. I say we target Kansas City. They need a QB and likely will not spend the first orverall pick doing so. Therefore we trade them our 15th pick and a player position they need (OT, OG, RB for example) for their 2nd rounder, 4th-6th rounder(pick one, I used 5) 2014 1st.

So, we get:
RD 2: Margus Hunt DE/OLB, Wisconsin
RD 3: Chase Thomas OLB, Stanford
RD 4: JJ Wilcox SS , Georgia Southern
RD 5: Darius Slay CB, Miss. St.
RD 5: Reid Fragel OT, Ohio State
RD 6: Jordan Rodgers QB, Vanderbilt
RD 7: Denard Robinson WR , Michigan

Margus Hunt as an OLB? Are we talking about the Same Player? Laughing By the Way he is from SMU Wink But despite the Hunt pick, i really like it!
_________________
Adopt a Saint 2013:
LB Curtis Lofton - 125 TCKL, 2 SCK, 1 FF, 0 FR, 0 INT
TE Benjamin Watson - 19 REC, 226 YDs, 2 TDs
Injured Reserve: WR Joe Morgan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammymvpknight


Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 3399
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get an additional 1st next season to get into the Clowney sweepstakes. Not a fan of Hunt. Unbelievable athlete but not a football player. He is a huge project...much more so than Ansah. Three years from now Hunt could be a special player with the right coaching. The Saints have a five year window and need someone who can contribute asap.

Love the Chase Thomas pick. I think that I have brainwashed everyone on this forum that Thomas is the guy in the third round if available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 432
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Trade up or down?? ***Voodoo Mock*** Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:
Now, the question is simple: Do we trade up or trade down? I wholeheartedly say we trade down. I say we target Kansas City. They need a QB and likely will not spend the first orverall pick doing so. Therefore we trade them our 15th pick and a player position they need (OT, OG, RB for example) for their 2nd rounder, 4th-6th rounder(pick one, I used 5) 2014 1st.

So, we get:
RD 2: Margus Hunt DE/OLB, Wisconsin
RD 3: Chase Thomas OLB, Stanford
RD 4: JJ Wilcox SS , Georgia Southern
RD 5: Darius Slay CB, Miss. St.
RD 5: Reid Fragel OT, Ohio State
RD 6: Jordan Rodgers QB, Vanderbilt
RD 7: Denard Robinson WR , Michigan

Margus Hunt as an OLB? Are we talking about the Same Player? Laughing By the Way he is from SMU Wink But despite the Hunt pick, i really like it!


DOH! I posted this from work and was browsing the Wisconsin players at the time. Note to self: PROOFREAD posts befor you submit and forget Laughing

But yeah Hunt as in the DE from SMU. Reason for this is:
1) a JJ Watt/Aldos Smith potential is there
2) big guy, lots of length to disrupt opposing QB's
3) would play DE opposite Cam Jordan with Hicks in middle or use in 'Leo' formation
4) we traded out the first round... IMO he is BPA for a major need

I can see the "raw" comment but raise you an "untapped potential". Of course, my two pennies...
_________________


^NS922 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 5999
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of Hunt either. The rest of the mock is great though.
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 3342
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it all except Hunt. That OT you traded better be Strief. -__-


Laughing
_________________


"We know we can be the best football team in this league."
- Sean Payton

Adopt a Saint
Cam Jordan:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 432
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YUP!!! Big Goo Guy would be gone if I had any say so.
_________________


^NS922 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MPjeffryred


Joined: 27 Apr 2007
Posts: 788
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade up or down?? ***Voodoo Mock*** Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Now, the question is simple: Do we trade up or trade down? I wholeheartedly say we trade down. I say we target Kansas City. They need a QB and likely will not spend the first orverall pick doing so. Therefore we trade them our 15th pick and a player position they need (OT, OG, RB for example) for their 2nd rounder, 4th-6th rounder(pick one, I used 5) 2014 1st.

So, we get:
RD 2: Margus Hunt DE/OLB, Wisconsin
RD 3: Chase Thomas OLB, Stanford
RD 4: JJ Wilcox SS , Georgia Southern
RD 5: Darius Slay CB, Miss. St.
RD 5: Reid Fragel OT, Ohio State
RD 6: Jordan Rodgers QB, Vanderbilt
RD 7: Denard Robinson WR , Michigan


Although I am in favor of trading down, I would not part with a first round pick this year. We have many needs. I see the Rams at #16 who could bracket with New Orleans' #15. We get #22 and their picks in round three and four. They get our round five pick.
Then, I see New England at #29 needing a game changing receiver. I think Keenan Allen may be available and we move down from #22 to #29 and pick up the third round pick #91 from the Pats. We trade with the Pats often!
IMHO our greatest need may be a rock solid DT familiar with the 34. So, at #29 I target Jonathan Jenkins from Georgia.

I will go along with Hunt at #75, as it seems he is sliding there. He has tremendous upside and I believe Ryan can scheme him. I do not think that Hicks should play the NT except on passing downs. He will be a better 34 DE.
With the Rams pick #78, I would take a cover corner from across the lake, Robert Alford from SLU.
With the Pats' third round pick, another semi local boy is Jamie Collins, OLB from Southern Miss. He was a pass rushing DE there and is the right size at 6'3" 245 lbs. with 4.65 speed. His playing for winless Southern Ms. makes him still available and fits another need.
I traded our fourth with Houston, #106 for #121 and 157. But, with the Rams fourth, I chose Jordan Mills, OT from La Tech. I think he will surprise many and in a year or two will eclipse Bushrod.
At #121, Houston's fouth, I would take Tharold Simon, from LSU and groom him to become a S. He has size and does not have the speed and agility to remain at corner in the NFL except in a Tampa Bay zone. He is a hitter and think the 34 requires two FS types instead of a SS/FS. Give him a year or so, and he will produce and be an asset.
With Houton's fifth (about #157) I choose Nick Kasa, TE from Colorado. This guy has played several positions and is quite an athlete. At 6'6", 260+ pounds he will block well (did at the Senior Bowl) and develop into a compliment to Jimmy Graham.
Our sixth (about #177) goes to Eric Martin, DE/OLB from Nebraska. I see him as a OLB in the 34 and at 6'3" 260 with a high motor, he should make the team.
Round seven, I do like Jordan Rodgers. But, I do hope we re-sign Chase Daniel if we can. He knows the system very well. Whaddya think?????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't we stay where we are? Plenty of quality guys that could fall to us at 15
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21178
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely don't like Thomas in round 3, he's a 4th round player at the earliest. Like I've said before, he simply doesn't have the athleticism to ever be a dominant player. He'll be a solid guy, but in the 3rd round I want to take a guy who has the potential to be a great player, not a guy who at his peak will be a "solid" guy.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MPjeffryred


Joined: 27 Apr 2007
Posts: 788
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I definitely don't like Thomas in round 3, he's a 4th round player at the earliest. Like I've said before, he simply doesn't have the athleticism to ever be a dominant player. He'll be a solid guy, but in the 3rd round I want to take a guy who has the potential to be a great player, not a guy who at his peak will be a "solid" guy.


I agree. I think he will turn out to be a Scott Fujita type, but not a game changer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group