Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Soccer Fantasy PL Draft Discussion-Update Team Thread Plz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LeeEvans"]
dotmotion wrote:
Also when I have seen Caulker this season he looked nowhere near the player he was at Swansea. Good player just not in good form, he was absolutely dreadful in the FA cup game against Leeds.

One game does not define how a player has played all season. I can confidently say that Caulker has had a very good year. Like I said, its a good pick. He is very composed on the ball and an all around very good player. Its not a knock against Caulker that he has been our 3rd best CB considering Vertonghen is one of the best CBs in the league and our captain (who is yet to be drafted yet for some reason unknown to me), has been tearing it up with probably his best season in a Spurs shirt.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft has descended into something of a joke for me now, players drafted off reputation over form, talent over substance and pre serious injury form too.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
This draft has descended into something of a joke for me now, players drafted off reputation over form, talent over substance and pre serious injury form too.
I think I actually find this interesting about the draft. I enjoy seeing everyone's different opinions on players and their circumstances. I can see how it can be frustrating, although I honestly don't care about winning, in hindsight I think it would have been better to have some set rules before we started.

And Kempus I didn't mean to imply that Caulker was not a good player or a good pick, I just meant in the few games I have seen him he didn't look as good as he did with Swansea last year. Obviously I have not seen as many Spurs games as you have so I will take your word for it.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Parker lasting this long is so retarded.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
I think I actually find this interesting about the draft. I enjoy seeing everyone's different opinions on players and their circumstances. I can see how it can be frustrating, although I honestly don't care about winning, in hindsight I think it would have been better to have some set rules before we started.

And Kempus I didn't mean to imply that Caulker was not a good player or a good pick, I just meant in the few games I have seen him he didn't look as good as he did with Swansea last year. Obviously I have not seen as many Spurs games as you have so I will take your word for it.

I'm judging this on three things, how well each player has played in the premier league, what is their current form and how do they fit in with the formation/rest of the team.

Now you do the math on how i will be judging players. Zaha doesn't qualify for 2/3 of my consideration, which i think is completely fair way to judge

The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll pick when I get back from my appointment in a bit.. Sent a list of 40+ to my co-GM still waiting to hear back.

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
This game wasnt that bad. Ive seen much worse.

Of course. you watch Chelsea.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

I'm judging this on three things, how well each player has played in the premier league, what is their current form and how do they fit in with the formation/rest of the team.

Now you do the math on how i will be judging players. Zaha doesn't qualify for 2/3 of my consideration, which i think is completely fair way to judge
That is fair, as I said I think since nothing was really set for criteria. Plus it is all opinion based which is what makes it interesting in my opinion.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
considering Vertonghen is one of the best CBs in the league and our captain (who is yet to be drafted yet for some reason unknown to me)

2nd round

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

yankee0724

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tex,

Quote:
If you are wondering how this is judge. The idea is that this is a one off tournament that would begin after the draft. More or less if the teams were to go up against each other on the day the match up is set, which team would people think would win. So it is up to you to determine how highly you regard current form. I will repost this idea in every match up so people would remember how to judge the teams.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Kempes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were no rules that said you couldn't draft players with limited PL experience so it was always going to happen......
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:

texans_uk wrote:

Are these two comments not contradicting? You basically described how I feel about Scott Parker in a nutshell in your first comment. Reputation is far better than his actual contribution and he isn't anywhere near as sharp right now as he was prior to his long injury layoff.

MUFC OK
yankee0724

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so close to taking Pienaar a couple of times.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
dotmotion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey lomax. Is Pienaar playing that well? I haven't seen him lately and was planning to pick him but I have a friend that is an Everton fan that convinced me he was struggling this season especially the last few months so I backed out. However, I trust your opinion a little more than his so just wondering if he lied to me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

texans_uk wrote:

Are these two comments not contradicting? You basically described how I feel about Scott Parker in a nutshell in your first comment. Reputation is far better than his actual contribution and he isn't anywhere near as sharp right now as he was prior to his long injury layoff.

Somewhat contradicting, my comment was more referring to the double standards, people draft on reputation, injured parts and players with no experience, but skip over a guy with a very good reputation who is steadily improving after injury. I mean tell me why Lucas was drafted ahead of him?

Besides this draft has lost any real meaning to me now, just going to finish my team so i don't spoil it for everyone else.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
Tex,

Quote:
If you are wondering how this is judge. The idea is that this is a one off tournament that would begin after the draft. More or less if the teams were to go up against each other on the day the match up is set, which team would people think would win. So it is up to you to determine how highly you regard current form. I will repost this idea in every match up so people would remember how to judge the teams.

Literally answers nothing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 45 of 83

Jump to: