Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 Atlanta Falcons War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29502
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Nice work Scar. Happy with what went down...

hey man. I was just the money guy. the pitchman was DrawABlank. We honestly had the 3rd best money deal for each guy. It came down to his pitches.

Oh and we still have 11.4M in cap space.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GrimeyKid


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 1111
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice signings guys well done. i think we should on to that 11M and wait till the draft
_________________


2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jgoldiscool


Moderator
Joined: 28 Sep 2009
Posts: 4721
Location: Chandler, AZ
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving the Miller signing. Gives us some nice flexibility come draft day. Getting Baker back is key as well.
_________________

XBL GT: L JGOLD L Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29502
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depth Chart

QB - Matt Ryan/Dominique Davis
RBF - Jason Snelling/Jacquizz Rodgers/Josh Vaughan
RBC - Jacquizz Rodgers/Jason Snelling
FB - Bradie Ewing
WRF - Roddy White/Tim Toone/Marcus Jackson
WRP - Julio Jones/Kerry Meier/Kevin Cone
WRS - Harry Douglas/Drew Davis/James Rodgers
TE - Heath Miller/Chase Coffman/Tommy Gallarda/Adam Nissley/Andrew Szczerba
LT - Sam Baker/Lamar Holmes
LG - Justin Blalock/Phillipkeith Manley
C - Joe Hawley
RG - Peter Konz/Harland Gunn/Jacques McClendon
RT - Tyson Clabo/Mike Johnson

LE - Dwight Freeney/Kroy Biermann/Cliff Matthews
NT - Corey Peters/Travian Robertson
UT - Jonathan Babineaux/Peria Jerry/Micanor Regis
RE - John Abraham/Jonathan Massaquoi
WLB - Sean Weatherspoon
MLB - Akeem Dent/Pat Schiller
SLB - Stephen Nicholas/Robert James
LCB - Asante Samuel/Dominique Franks
RCB - Dunta Robinson/Robert McClain/Peyton Thompson
NCB - Robert McClain/Dominique Franks
FS - Thomas DeCoud/Charles Mitchell
SS - William Moore/Shann Schillinger

K - Matt Bryant
P - Matt Bosher
LS - Josh Harris
KOS - Matt Bosher
KR - Jacquizz Rodgers
PR - Harry Douglas/Dominique Franks


QB Luke McCown
FB Mike Cox
RB Antone Smith
TE Michael Palmer
OT Will Svitek
OG Garrett Reynolds
DT Vance Walker
DE Lawrence Sidbury
CB Chris Owens
S Chris Hope

OK So the FA's we have left, who would anyone want to see us bring back? I like the idea of bringing back Cox, Vance Walker, Michael Palmer and Chris Owens at the very least. anyones thoughts?
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14313
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me our needs are:
DT
DE
RB
LB
CB
OG
WR
TE
SS

That's 9 assuming there are projected comp picks. JMO though. A lot of BPA picks I'm assuming.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14313
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
QB Luke McCown
FB Mike Cox
RB Antone Smith
TE Michael Palmer
OT Will Svitek
OG Garrett Reynolds
DT Vance Walker
DE Lawrence Sidbury
CB Chris Owens
S Chris Hope

OK So the FA's we have left, who would anyone want to see us bring back? I like the idea of bringing back Cox, Vance Walker, Michael Palmer and Chris Owens at the very least. anyones thoughts?

Out of this list I say keep Walker for sure, then either Owens or Hope. Would make the draft a lot clearer IMO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DrawABlank


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 3605
Location: London, UK
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
To me our needs are:
DT
DE
RB
LB
CB
OG
WR
TE
SS

That's 9 assuming there are projected comp picks. JMO though. A lot of BPA picks I'm assuming.


Don't think SS is a need. If we can't re-sign Hope, why not just roll with Schillinger and Mitchell as we aren't going to take a S in the 1st 5 rounds.

IMO we need:
- immediate starter at RB (but obv. don't use 1st round pick on it)
- rotational player at DT
- future starters at TE, DE, CB
- depth at LB, WR

RG is the wildcard. I would take a guard early if the right one fell to us, but could also deal with a competition between Johnson, Manley, Reynolds etc.
_________________

Foster-A-Falcon: Matt Bryant
2013 Stats: 24/27 FG (88.9%), 39/39 XP (100%)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29502
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrawABlank wrote:
adam9 wrote:
To me our needs are:
DT
DE
RB
LB
CB
OG
WR
TE
SS

That's 9 assuming there are projected comp picks. JMO though. A lot of BPA picks I'm assuming.


Don't think SS is a need. If we can't re-sign Hope, why not just roll with Schillinger and Mitchell as we aren't going to take a S in the 1st 5 rounds.

IMO we need:
- immediate starter at RB (but obv. don't use 1st round pick on it)
- rotational player at DT
- future starters at TE, DE, CB
- depth at LB, WR

RG is the wildcard. I would take a guard early if the right one fell to us, but could also deal with a competition between Johnson, Manley, Reynolds etc.
consider the team like Hawley at C and Konz at RG in real life, why can't we do a real scenario there?

We could honestly go BPA with our first round pick. If it's Tavon Austin, we take Tavon Austin. If it's Chance Warmack, we take him. If it's DaMontre Moore, we go him. If it's Keke Mingo, why not him? we have so many options right now it's ridiculous.

However, I don't see an issue of Hawley-Konz at C-RG. Let's actually give them a shot this year and worry about other spots. Especially LB where Stephen Nicholas has been weak in coverage. If Arthur Brown is there, that's who I want.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DrawABlank


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 3605
Location: London, UK
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
consider the team like Hawley at C and Konz at RG in real life, why can't we do a real scenario there?

We could honestly go BPA with our first round pick. If it's Tavon Austin, we take Tavon Austin. If it's Chance Warmack, we take him. If it's DaMontre Moore, we go him. If it's Keke Mingo, why not him? we have so many options right now it's ridiculous.

However, I don't see an issue of Hawley-Konz at C-RG. Let's actually give them a shot this year and worry about other spots. Especially LB where Stephen Nicholas has been weak in coverage. If Arthur Brown is there, that's who I want.


As I've made perfectly clear, I don't think Hawley is good enough to start on a SB team, and I don't think Konz is strong enough to play guard. I'm not alone in this opinion (see earlier in the thread).

While I'm prepared to be realistic in FFMD (so I'm not going to trade away half the team) my aim is not to simulate what the team will do. If I'm not happy about something in this, I can do something about it - whereas IRL all I can do is vent from the sideline.

I like Arthur Brown a lot (the name that comes to mind when I watched 2 of his game was a certain ex-TCU guy with the same size and similar athleticism) but I desperately want to add youth on the line of scrimmage.

On the current depth chart, 2 starters out of 9 (OL+DL) are under 25. 4 are 31 and over. We have used 2 1st rounders out of 6 on the LOS, and even before Brown we've spent more top 100 picks under TD on linebackers than on the DL. Give me fat boys, please!
_________________

Foster-A-Falcon: Matt Bryant
2013 Stats: 24/27 FG (88.9%), 39/39 XP (100%)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GrimeyKid


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 1111
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also vance walker is a must he flat out stole peria jerry's spot. PJ has nothing left to give us in my opinion
_________________


2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29502
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrawABlank wrote:
As I've made perfectly clear, I don't think Hawley is good enough to start on a SB team, and I don't think Konz is strong enough to play guard. I'm not alone in this opinion (see earlier in the thread).

While I'm prepared to be realistic in FFMD (so I'm not going to trade away half the team) my aim is not to simulate what the team will do. If I'm not happy about something in this, I can do something about it - whereas IRL all I can do is vent from the sideline.

I like Arthur Brown a lot (the name that comes to mind when I watched 2 of his game was a certain ex-TCU guy with the same size and similar athleticism) but I desperately want to add youth on the line of scrimmage.

On the current depth chart, 2 starters out of 9 (OL+DL) are under 25. 4 are 31 and over. We have used 2 1st rounders out of 6 on the LOS, and even before Brown we've spent more top 100 picks under TD on linebackers than on the DL. Give me fat boys, please!


And I think it's misguided. Todd McClure isn't "good enough" to start on a SB team either. What's your point here? Konz was drafted as a long term RG in real life. He's stated one of his goals this offseason is to get stronger. And with more technique work, Konz could end up a pro bowl RG in 2013. He wasn't bad this year as a rookie. He had 2 bad games that made him look worse than he really was against the top 2 3-tech DT's in the NFL. There's a reason why Konz didn't even take a snap in PRESEASON as a center. He's a guard. Hawley even came in when McClure went down this past year. Konz didn't slide over, Hawley came in. Give him a chance and I guarantee you Hawley will impress.

I'm sure you do that a lot. lol

Youth on the LOS? yes, I agree we need some youth, however, since when has 25 become the endgame for youth? I'm a bit confused there. I agree about going with a DT or a DE in the first if there is one worth it. The question is whether there will be one worth it.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14313
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like Ezekial Anzah, Sharif Floyd, Gio Bernard, Dion Jordan, Johnathan Hankins, Eddie Lacy, Alex Okafor, Datone Jones, Jesse Williams, Johnathan Cooper, John Jenkins, Barrett Jones in that order.

Made a big list, I'm sure one will be there. I remember doing a GM Mock a while back and got made fun of for taking Datone Jones in round two, and after the senior bowl he's a top 30 prospect...

Anyways on my list it goes by ranking, position, and how they would fit how we play. Not saying this is a list we have to follow, but if I was picking I would follow it. Btw it is assuming guys like Warmack, Star, Bjoern, etc get taken. The list started with no one higher than 15 on my big board.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29502
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Eddie Lacy's fit in the offense. I'm not impressed with him at all either. that line was so good in Bama.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29502
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeney and Miller have picked their jersey #'s:



Freeney chose 93 because it's the only # he's ever worn in the pros.
Miller chose 89 because 83 has been Harry Douglas's # for 5 years. So he chose to revert to an open # that he wore in college: 89.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Willthethrill_H


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 641
Location: Birmingham, AL
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. What comp picks are we going to have for this? And what do you guys think about potentially trading up if some of the guys that would generally be out of reach fall to around 20? And if so, who would be in that catagory of guys we would trade up to get?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 26 of 39

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group