Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What 8 players would you stake your franchise on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJniners

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If just picking from the 49ers:

Colin Kaepernick
Vernon Davis
Michael Crabtree
Frank Gore
Patrick Willis
NaVarro Bowman
Aldon Smith
Joe Staley

From all teams:

Aaron Rodgers
Vernon Davis
Patrick Willis
NaVarro Bowman
Frank Gore
JJ Watt
Calvin Johnson
Adrian Peterson
adamq

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore? Really? I love the man but he's only got 2 or 3 years left in the tank, maybe not even that long as a feature back.

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
HTTR21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB-Aaron Rodgers

RB-Lesean McCoy * I would pick A.P, but I do what I want, but he just flits my playstyle more*

WR-Calvin Johnson
LT-Joe Thomas

CB-Richard Sherman
OLB-Aldon Smith
OLB-Von Miller
DE-JJ Watt

<Props to Rase for the Awesome sig>
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB - Joe Flacco
WR- Calvin Johnson
OT - Joe Thomas
OT - David Stewart
C - Nick Mangold

DE/OLB - Aldon Smith
DE - JJ Watt
CB - Patrick Peterson
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense

QB Aaron Rodgers
WR Calvin Johnson
OT Joe Thomas
C Mike Pouncey

Defense 3-4

DE JJ Watt
OLB Aldon Smith
S Eric Weddle
CB Patrick Peterson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Clay is not a franchise player. If you want havok get Chris Long or Cam Wake. Those guys wreck stuff up.

you going to bat for Long is no different than a Packer fan going to bat for CM3

its a wash with talent as far as I'm concerned... but if were going on production/stats alone Clay has been better (not arguable)

now Mr. Wake 'right now' is certainly a stud (but long & clay are younger & have more years of prime play left)

either way, you are wrong... & also right...but don't get it twisted Cool
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Aaron Rodgers - You start and end any championship run with a great QB, and Aaron is a great QB.

2. Calvin Johnson - Every QB needs targets to throw to, so why not the best WR in the game?

3. Jimmy Graham - Offenses need some sort of diversity, throwing it up to CJ every down ain't gonna win games. Get some size on the team with Graham, and let defenses figure out how to defend CJ and Graham in the RZ.

4. Ryan Clady - Protect the backside at any and all costs, and Clady is the best of the bunch when asked to do that.

5. Chris Myers - Homer pick, but his smarts in the trenches helps the entire unit out. He makes the line calls, studies as much film as the QB does leading up to the game, and anchors both the run and pass blocking assignments. I will have less than stellar players at both G spots and RT, so might as well have a guy who can position said players in the best place to give a QB time, or give a RB a hole to run through.

6. JJ Watt - No homer pick here. Pass rush starts at the line, and nobody does it better than Watt.

7. Patrick Willis - I'll need a defender who can play sideline to sideline, can exploit a hole and make plays in the backfield, as well as play in coverage. Willis is the only ILB who fits all three spots, IMO.

8. Darrelle Revis - The pass D is dependant on one guy to generate a pass rush, so finding a CB who can play on an island and take out an opposing #1 WR would be huge. It would leave the other three DBs free to take out the rest of the bunch.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Clay is not a franchise player. If you want havok get Chris Long or Cam Wake. Those guys wreck stuff up.

you going to bat for Long is no different than a Packer fan going to bat for CM3

its a wash with talent as far as I'm concerned... but if were going on production/stats alone Clay has been better (not arguable)

now Mr. Wake 'right now' is certainly a stud (but long & clay are younger & have more years of prime play left)

But isnt that the whole point? I mean Vernon Gholston and Clay Matthews are probably a wash talent wise, its about putting up the numbers and making plays.
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CornOnDaCobb wrote:
driftwood wrote:
El ramster wrote:

But isnt that the whole point? I mean Vernon Gholston and Clay Matthews are probably a wash talent wise, its about putting up the numbers and making plays.

true, but VG never had a sliver of the pro career that Long has had thus far (not a very fair comparison)

Long & CM3 are much more comparable than VG vs anyone who has had a remote shot of playing on Sunday

then again were both packer fans so there is 0 chance we even entertain the thought of taking long over CM3 at this point
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Luck
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Albert
Carl Nicks
Ryan Clady
J.J. Watt
Patrick Willis
Darrelle Revis
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
CornOnDaCobb wrote:
driftwood wrote:
El ramster wrote:

true, but VG never had a sliver of the pro career that Long has had thus far (not a very fair comparison)

Long & CM3 are much more comparable than VG vs anyone who has had a remote shot of playing on Sunday

then again were both packer fans so there is 0 chance we even entertain the thought of taking long over CM3 at this point

Objectively I just don't see how. CM3 was the runner-up for DPOY in 2010 and was the best at his position that year. In 2011, despite having the worst pass rush in the league, CM3 was still an effective pass rusher, being in the top 15 in pass rush effiecieny and had 3 picks for a 3-4 olb. And this year he would of been again a DPOY candidate but missed 4 games, but still was top 5 in sacks despite that.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Andrew Luck
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Albert
Carl Nicks
Ryan Clady
J.J. Watt
Patrick Willis
Darrelle Revis

Luck? Really?

I think he will be a great QB eventually, but thats jumping the gun.

Also (not entirely directed at you ww), Im not sure why people load up on offensive line. You dont need a great offensive line to be dominant. A great QB can make a line look better than they are anyway. LT, I get...but beyond that, I think there are better places to go.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
frye to edwards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Rodgers
Calvin Johnson
AJ Green
Joe Thomas

JJ Watt
Darrell Revis
Richard Sherman

Phil Dawson

GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Andrew Luck
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Calvin Johnson
4. A.J. Green
5. J.J. Watt
6. Patrick Willis
7. Haloti Ngata
8. Branodn Flowers

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

It's so empty living behind these Cassel walls.

Vikings QB Wishlist

1. Derek Carr
2. A.J. McCarron
3. Aaron Murray
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Rodgers
Joe Thomas
Carl Nicks
Nick Mangold

JJ Watt
Darrell Revis
Von Miller

the final slot is really tough for me. I want another DL player but I cannot decide. I really am not up to speed on Geno Atkins. I know he's been all the rage this year but I must admit my ignorance. Sad My other option is a receiver of some form for Rodgers - I personally would choose Fitz but I cannot decide on him over another DL player.

Other outside possibilities were another stud OL player or my favorite current Chief Derrick Johnson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: