Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs sign former Vikings DB Husain Abdullah
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 33180
Location: Jortland, Oregon<3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Guy didn't eat anything during training camp because of Ramadan. Thats just grinding man.

Major props. Wish him best of luck


Or drink anything, he isnt allowed to do either. Until sunset.


Shocked

cant grasp..to insane. thats beast mode.
_________________

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6554
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't aware of this, but I am surprised that he is still being given a shot in the NFL after having suffered 4 concussions.

Quote:
02/16/12 - S Husain Abdullah, who has had four concussions the past two seasons, has been cleared by doctors to continue playing. He'll be an unrestricted free agent on March 13.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=16635

_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 14948
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For many years the weak spot on the Vikings defense was the secondary. Abdullah played on some of those teams, but he was actually a decent player. He made his share of plays. This isn't a giant move for the Chiefs, but he should be a solid player for them if he can get past the concussion issues.

Andy Reid will get the Chiefs going in the right direction.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73263
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Guy didn't eat anything during training camp because of Ramadan. Thats just grinding man.

Major props. Wish him best of luck


Or drink anything, he isnt allowed to do either. Until sunset.


Shocked

cant grasp..to insane. thats beast mode.

the Vikings have employed a nutritionist for several years now, tailoring specific diets to their players. she worked with Abdullah to get him enough protein at night to carry him through the day. he's been fasting like this every year since he was nine years old so could handle it.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14120
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Guy didn't eat anything during training camp because of Ramadan. Thats just grinding man.

Major props. Wish him best of luck


Or drink anything, he isnt allowed to do either. Until sunset.


Shocked

cant grasp..to insane. thats beast mode.

the Vikings have employed a nutritionist for several years now, tailoring specific diets to their players. she worked with Abdullah to get him enough protein at night to carry him through the day. he's been fasting like this every year since he was nine years old so (he) could handle it.


gotcha! (in the bold) Proofread, proofread, proofread. Wink

I'd imagine the Chiefs will have that same women work with Abdullah again, right?
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73263
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I'd imagine the Chiefs will have that same women work with Abdullah again, right?

i don't know if that can be assumed. she lives in Minnesota, and would monitor Abdullah daily during Ramadan.




while we're at it since you brought it up, the pronoun "he" is not required to be stated twice in the same short sentence in my reply above. the sentence is grammatically correct without it. nor was there more than one female nutritionist working with him, your statement made it to be plural.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 14948
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Guy didn't eat anything during training camp because of Ramadan. Thats just grinding man.

Major props. Wish him best of luck


Or drink anything, he isnt allowed to do either. Until sunset.


Shocked

cant grasp..to insane. thats beast mode.

the Vikings have employed a nutritionist for several years now, tailoring specific diets to their players. she worked with Abdullah to get him enough protein at night to carry him through the day. he's been fasting like this every year since he was nine years old so (he) could handle it.


gotcha! (in the bold) Proofread, proofread, proofread. Wink

I'd imagine the Chiefs will have that same women work with Abdullah again, right?


I think you meant "that same woman".

Sorry buddy, I couldn't resist. Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14120
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, oh karma...

I'd imagine Abdullah (or the Chiefs) would have to hire a new nutritionist then to assist him with a proper diet.
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
union hawk fan


Joined: 13 Nov 2012
Posts: 793
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really happy to see him get picked up by a team, great guy. Loved watching him play at wazzu and for the vikings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83175
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depth move, probably still misses the 53
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group