Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What linebacker would you like to see the Bears target?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What linebacker would you want to see the Bears target in the draft?
Alec Ogletree-1st
33%
 33%  [ 10 ]
Arthur Brown-2nd
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Kevin Minter-1st or 2nd
33%
 33%  [ 10 ]
Khaseem Grene- 2nd or 4th
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Sio Moore-4th
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Devonte Holloman-4th
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chase Thomas-4th
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zavier Gooden-5th
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Gerald Hodges- 4th
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 30

wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as I bump this thread Ogletree is the current poll leader w/ 7 votes followed by Minter w/ 6 and Greene w/ 4. Does the Ogletree DUI arrest change peoples mind?

One school of thought was that he wouldn't get to Chicago at #20. This increases the chances of him being there but do you want him at this stage following more substance abuse issues (drug suspension in fall)?
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
So as I bump this thread Ogletree is the current poll leader w/ 7 votes followed by Minter w/ 6 and Greene w/ 4. Does the Ogletree DUI arrest change peoples mind?

One school of thought was that he wouldn't get to Chicago at #20. This increases the chances of him being there but do you want him at this stage following more substance abuse issues (drug suspension in fall)?

I definitely don't condone it, but it seems that since DUIs have become so commonplace with athletes that they aren't really viewed as that bad by teams anymore. I doubt it hurts his draft stock too much so long as he owns up to it in interviews and vows to get on the straight and narrow.

As for me, with his history, why not go for a guy who doesn't have a checkered past? I'm pretty sure I voted Minter in this poll anyway, so this just solidifies my choice.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:

It doesn't change my mind. In confirms the fact I wouldnt touch this kid in the 1st round.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new administration wants high-character guys first and foremost. I'd definitely bump Ogletree down a bit.
bears2308

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
This new administration wants high-character guys first and foremost. I'd definitely bump Ogletree down a bit.

Emery traded for Marshall last year? He had plenty of question marks.

I'd prefer an offensive lineman in the first but if none fall I think we should trade back and snag Ogletree if possible.
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw that he was also arrested for stealing a scooter in 2010. Yeah this kid needs to get his head straight.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

I'd prefer an offensive lineman in the first but if none fall I think we should trade back and snag Ogletree if possible.
Marshall was an NFL all pro who only cost us 2 3rds. This kid will cost us a 1st and hasnt proven anything other then being fast.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

There were also extenuating circumstances with Marshall, that being his mental health. Since getting treatment he has been a model ambassador for the organization.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

There were also extenuating circumstances with Marshall, that being his mental health. Since getting treatment he has been a model ambassador for the organization.
So far he has been. I wouldnt bet on him not having another issue.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

I'll take that sig bet.

Brandon Marshall won't have another issue during his Bears career.

Loser of the bet wears a sig of the winner's choice for a month.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

I'll take that sig bet.

Sure.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

I'll take that sig bet.

Sure.

You all saw it.
bears2308

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

That wasn't my point. I obviously love the fact Emery stole Marshall from Miami.

My point is if Ogletree is high on Emery's list and we fill our O-line and TE need in FA I can definitely see him pulling the trigger regardless of his college issues. I mean I was an idiot and didn't get my head on straight until I was 22. A lot of successful people go through that stage. Ogletree has some substance abuse issues but let's not act like he's Titus Young or Dez Bryant. A fast MLB that can chase down the QB would be more then ideal in a 4-3 considering the way the NFL is changing,
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big Ogletree fan, but after his most recent incident where he was booked for DUI I have to wonder if this kid's head is on straight. I mean only a couple weeks before the biggest job interview of his life? What will happen once he signs an NFL contract and starts to receive income like he's never seen in his life before?

If he's there at the Bears pick in the 2nd (which I doubt) then I would gladly select him but I've gotta say that this latest arrest knocks him out of 1st round consideration for me, sadly. I predict the Ravens will select him at the end of round 1 if he runs well at the combine.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Manti at #20 overall if all goes well with his combine and he's the BPA according to the board at that time.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiko Alonso is an interesting guy…triangle number wise he could have everything we are looking for in a mid-late round LB…apparently he has some off the field issues but if he checks out at the combine he could be a solid pick up…

Kevin Reddick is another guy I like…he blow up as a senior in terms of making plays…only 85 overall tackles but 18.5 TFL…6.5 sacks…6 QBH & 6 PBUs which points to a lot of versatility…he is another athletic guy who could be worth consideration.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: