Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13: Packers War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jfinley88


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 11863
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
I prefer bidding on $84 over 9$ but if that's who you want I guess Im ok with 9$ too.


Yea if we had to pick one of those I'd go with $84!

I think &45 would be a great guy to add as well once we get to the shark tank. I guess we don't really need to use codes for shark tank guys... But I think pairing him with Bishop and then having Hawk and DJ as reserves would be a nice rotation of guys...
_________________
JammerHammer21 wrote:
jfin is one of those 1000 monkeys sitting at a typewriter that will eventually type out all of Shakespere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jfinley88


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 11863
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW what kind of value would you guys want in return for Kuhn. Couple of teams with feelers regarding him. I've been saying a 6th...
_________________
JammerHammer21 wrote:
jfin is one of those 1000 monkeys sitting at a typewriter that will eventually type out all of Shakespere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13424
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
BTW what kind of value would you guys want in return for Kuhn. Couple of teams with feelers regarding him. I've been saying a 6th...
6th is solid.
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wiscsports28


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 1750
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
BTW what kind of value would you guys want in return for Kuhn. Couple of teams with feelers regarding him. I've been saying a 6th...
6th is solid.


I think trading for a 6th would be fine.

Im gonna say no to both AT THIS POINT. That may change because I have no idea on the lay of the land when it comes to FA.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14669
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we really don't have much time to decide, if we are going to put a pitch in, we have to do it today. Frankly, I take the realism here with a grain of salt because this is a sone year shot and you don't win any award for keeping cap space. If we could fly to Indy and watch the combine like TT and his staff than it'd make it easier to skip FA, but if we don't go after anyone we just kinda sit here....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 10181
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Well we really don't have much time to decide, if we are going to put a pitch in, we have to do it today. Frankly, I take the realism here with a grain of salt because this is a sone year shot and you don't win any award for keeping cap space. If we could fly to Indy and watch the combine like TT and his staff than it'd make it easier to skip FA, but if we don't go after anyone we just kinda sit here....

You don't wanna make a move just for the sake of making a move though. Throwing it out there again, but I think hippo would be a great LE option when he comes up if we're looking at FA DL. Could flex to NT occasionally as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6828
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Well we really don't have much time to decide, if we are going to put a pitch in, we have to do it today. Frankly, I take the realism here with a grain of salt because this is a sone year shot and you don't win any award for keeping cap space. If we could fly to Indy and watch the combine like TT and his staff than it'd make it easier to skip FA, but if we don't go after anyone we just kinda sit here....

You don't wanna make a move just for the sake of making a move though. Throwing it out there again, but I think hippo would be a great LE option when he comes up if we're looking at FA DL. Could flex to NT occasionally as well.


I feel about the DL the same way I feel about Safety. I've got no problem going to get one, but he better be a clear step above where we're at, otherwise we're just adding logs to a logjam. I think Q31 is a better player than Hippo. Hippo's probably better than Q33 but is it really worth it to get older and more expensive for a guy that isn't going to see a ton of snaps?

69% of our snaps were from a 2-4 this year, and Hippo isn't going to be one of those 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 10181
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Well we really don't have much time to decide, if we are going to put a pitch in, we have to do it today. Frankly, I take the realism here with a grain of salt because this is a sone year shot and you don't win any award for keeping cap space. If we could fly to Indy and watch the combine like TT and his staff than it'd make it easier to skip FA, but if we don't go after anyone we just kinda sit here....

You don't wanna make a move just for the sake of making a move though. Throwing it out there again, but I think hippo would be a great LE option when he comes up if we're looking at FA DL. Could flex to NT occasionally as well.


I feel about the DL the same way I feel about Safety. I've got no problem going to get one, but he better be a clear step above where we're at, otherwise we're just adding logs to a logjam. I think Q31 is a better player than Hippo. Hippo's probably better than Q33 but is it really worth it to get older and more expensive for a guy that isn't going to see a ton of snaps?

69% of our snaps were from a 2-4 this year, and Hippo isn't going to be one of those 2.

I don't see a step down from Q31 to hippo. Hippo can push the pocket better too and will come cheaper. I'd also like to look at &12 when T4 comes up. Might get undervalued.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6828
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Well we really don't have much time to decide, if we are going to put a pitch in, we have to do it today. Frankly, I take the realism here with a grain of salt because this is a sone year shot and you don't win any award for keeping cap space. If we could fly to Indy and watch the combine like TT and his staff than it'd make it easier to skip FA, but if we don't go after anyone we just kinda sit here....

You don't wanna make a move just for the sake of making a move though. Throwing it out there again, but I think hippo would be a great LE option when he comes up if we're looking at FA DL. Could flex to NT occasionally as well.


I feel about the DL the same way I feel about Safety. I've got no problem going to get one, but he better be a clear step above where we're at, otherwise we're just adding logs to a logjam. I think Q31 is a better player than Hippo. Hippo's probably better than Q33 but is it really worth it to get older and more expensive for a guy that isn't going to see a ton of snaps?

69% of our snaps were from a 2-4 this year, and Hippo isn't going to be one of those 2.

I don't see a step down from Q31 to hippo. Hippo can push the pocket better too and will come cheaper. I'd also like to look at &12 when T4 comes up. Might get undervalued.


&12 is always hurt. Sometimes availability is more important than pure ability.

T4 with our first pick?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 10181
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Well we really don't have much time to decide, if we are going to put a pitch in, we have to do it today. Frankly, I take the realism here with a grain of salt because this is a sone year shot and you don't win any award for keeping cap space. If we could fly to Indy and watch the combine like TT and his staff than it'd make it easier to skip FA, but if we don't go after anyone we just kinda sit here....

You don't wanna make a move just for the sake of making a move though. Throwing it out there again, but I think hippo would be a great LE option when he comes up if we're looking at FA DL. Could flex to NT occasionally as well.


I feel about the DL the same way I feel about Safety. I've got no problem going to get one, but he better be a clear step above where we're at, otherwise we're just adding logs to a logjam. I think Q31 is a better player than Hippo. Hippo's probably better than Q33 but is it really worth it to get older and more expensive for a guy that isn't going to see a ton of snaps?

69% of our snaps were from a 2-4 this year, and Hippo isn't going to be one of those 2.

I don't see a step down from Q31 to hippo. Hippo can push the pocket better too and will come cheaper. I'd also like to look at &12 when T4 comes up. Might get undervalued.


&12 is always hurt. Sometimes availability is more important than pure ability.

T4 with our first pick?

I meant Tier 4. Too much shorthand. Laughing

&12 has been hurt, I'm only talking if we can get him undervalued. He's a nice FS when he does play.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14669
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

&12 is alright, hippo is meh. Still don't understand why there isn't love for $84. A DL in the 2-4 nickel and a backer in our run/early down sets. Besides safety, its what we need on defense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6828
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
&12 is alright, hippo is meh. Still don't understand why there isn't love for $84. A DL in the 2-4 nickel and a backer in our run/early down sets. Besides safety, its what we need on defense.


Wait, you want $84 playing over a Guard? Why? He'd get crushed.

I wouldn't mind $84 but I like Q11's potential more. I wouldn't mind the pickup. Love what he brings, I'm just not sure there's enough snaps for him and Q11 and Q12 to make it worth the price of locking him up.

I'm all for throwing out an offer for the guy, but I don't want to break the bank for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14669
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
&12 is alright, hippo is meh. Still don't understand why there isn't love for $84. A DL in the 2-4 nickel and a backer in our run/early down sets. Besides safety, its what we need on defense.


Wait, you want $84 playing over a Guard? Why? He'd get crushed.

I wouldn't mind $84 but I like Q11's potential more. I wouldn't mind the pickup. Love what he brings, I'm just not sure there's enough snaps for him and Q11 and Q12 to make it worth the price of locking him up.

I'm all for throwing out an offer for the guy, but I don't want to break the bank for him.


On passing downs as a rusher??? He'd be fine with his hand in the dirt.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 10181
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
&12 is alright, hippo is meh. Still don't understand why there isn't love for $84. A DL in the 2-4 nickel and a backer in our run/early down sets. Besides safety, its what we need on defense.


Wait, you want $84 playing over a Guard? Why? He'd get crushed.

I wouldn't mind $84 but I like Q11's potential more. I wouldn't mind the pickup. Love what he brings, I'm just not sure there's enough snaps for him and Q11 and Q12 to make it worth the price of locking him up.

I'm all for throwing out an offer for the guy, but I don't want to break the bank for him.


On passing downs as a rusher??? He'd be fine with his hand in the dirt.

How much can we use these packages though? Not worth the $ of the contract he's going to get. I'm all for OLB depth and more pass rushers, but not the premium $ or top draft pick (unless one of the studs fall) to get it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14669
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd throw a 3 year 9-12mil deal for &12
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 76 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group