Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

THE Official Washington Wizards Thread 2012-2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
^^^^Josh Smith at the 3? No sir.

Giving up our top 5 pick for Smith would certainly be better than those trades we've made in the past, but those trades are exactly what make me not want to give it up. Keep it and hope for Shabazz (though knowing our front office we'll take someone stupid like Marcus Smart or something).
why can't Josh Smith play the 3? Doesn't he play a lot of SF right now? He's super athletic, shoots the 3 at a 35% clip. We'd have the advantage of having a big front line with

Smith- 6'9
Nene- 6'11
Okafor- 6'10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Smith can play the 3.

I don't know if I would trade for him though. We are going to be in cap hell as it is with Okafor, Ariza, and Nene's contract. There is no way we can sign Smith to a max deal once his current one runs out this season. Why would we trade for a rental when we are a developing team?

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, if you guys want Smith at the 3 that's fine, I gotta pass. I don't care what the guy is currently shooting from deep, I watched him enough that I'll never really trust his outside jumper or his shot selection. One of the biggest problems we had last season was lack of outside shooters. Beal has certainly helped, but you put Smith at the 3 and we literally have no one outside of Brad that can stretch the floor.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Smith IMO is better at the 4 spot than the 3 spot. His outside shot is too inconsistent. Landing him and Shabazz going into next season would be a huge boost for this team. Imagine this line up.

PG-Wall
SG- Beal
SF- Shabazz
PF- Smith
C- Nene

I would have to say thatz a lineup that can compete with the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per twitter :
"Wiz in talk to get josh smith all is avalible but wall-nene-beal. This was at 1 am so right now where ib talks! Smile

If we keep first Smile

Wall
beal
muhummad
Smith
Nene

Wow.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
Josh Smith can play the 3.

I don't know if I would trade for him though. We are going to be in cap hell as it is with Okafor, Ariza, and Nene's contract. There is no way we can sign Smith to a max deal once his current one runs out this season. Why would we trade for a rental when we are a developing team?
we could trade Okafor instead of Ariza. I thought they wouldn't want his large contract but it does expire in 2014, so maybe they would
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Per twitter :
"Wiz in talk to get josh smith all is avalible but wall-nene-beal. This was at 1 am so right now where ib talks! Smile

If we keep first Smile

Wall
beal
muhummad
Smith
Nene

Wow.
that'd be nice. So they want Okafor and not our 1st? I just don't see how we make a trade for a star player w/o including our 1st round pick. I think it's going to have to be okafor and our 1st round pick.

Our line up would be:

Wall
Beal
Webster/Ariza
Smith
Nene

That group can still compete with anyone. A lot of scoring there and good defense as well. We have solid outside shooting with Webster and Beal.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
Eh, if you guys want Smith at the 3 that's fine, I gotta pass. I don't care what the guy is currently shooting from deep, I watched him enough that I'll never really trust his outside jumper or his shot selection. One of the biggest problems we had last season was lack of outside shooters. Beal has certainly helped, but you put Smith at the 3 and we literally have no one outside of Brad that can stretch the floor.
ive been hearing they'd want Okafor because they need a center, and would slide Horford to his more natural position of PF.

That way, we'd move Nene to center and have Smith at PF with Webster and Ariza still splitting time at SF.
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Smith is a rental player for us. I don't get why so many people want him.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
Josh Smith is a rental player for us. I don't get why so many people want him.
you don't think we can re-sign him to play with Wall, Beal and Nene?
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is very unlikely.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
So you're telling me if he comes here and then get's offered a max deal to team up with those 3 that he wouldn't stay?

I gotta disagree. We'd be a playoff team with those 4 and Webster's shooting at the 4. We'd have a good chance at being as good as our teams were at the end of last decade, possibly better because our big man/inside game would be better with Nene.

I think he'd see us as a great opportunity and I think he'd have fun playing with a pass first PG who runs the break well and will set him up on the break and in the half court with easy shots because Wall can always break down a D.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game by beal tonight with a game high 25 PTs! Cool

Too bad no one else showed up! Laughing Rolling Eyes

Wall and Nene had off nights, so did Okafor.

Webster was pretty solid I guess with 16 points on 5-9 shooting,8 reb, 4 ast.

It was nice seeing Booker back and bringing his energy off the bench with 4-6 shooting for 10 PTs, 6 reb and an ast.

Tough to win though when your best two players don't show up.
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
Not really Smith wants money and word is Howard and Smith are besties so if we got Smith we possibly could bring in Howard but thatd be inpossible since we wont be able to pay for both players.

I mean if we trade him it wont involve pick and potentially will open cap space regardless.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
Not really Smith wants money and word is Howard and Smith are besties so if we got Smith we possibly could bring in Howard but thatd be inpossible since we wont be able to pay for both players.

I mean if we trade him it wont involve pick and potentially will open cap space regardless.
We don't have the cap space to add both Howard and Smith.

We barely have the cap space to add one of them, and as much as I want it to happen, I think even getting Smith is a long shot but at least there is some shot.

The truth is we aren't going to trade Wall nor Beal, the next best thing we have is our 2013 draft pick but the draft is pretty weak.

Looking at the other teams involved, I'm pretty sure this will end up like the Rudy Gay trade, we will be on the outside looking in once again.

Which could be a good thing, we can look to the lottery once again and hopefully Grunfield will repeat what he did last year and draft us a solid prospects, unlike what he did in 2011 when he took Vesley.

There is nothing wrong with a young core of Wall, Beal and Muhammad/Porter or Robinson for our future. We just won't get the instant gradification of having a finished player in their prime like we would of if we had gotten Gay or if we can trade for Smith. We will have to wait while our 2013 draft pick develops.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 20 of 71

Jump to: