Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Mock Draft- Quick First Rd.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th@Bird$ wrote:
Where Richardson is selected doesn't define his value in my opinion, it's one of the many questionable moves that happens year in year out. Personally I didn't do my due diligence in researching and evaluating each position equally such as defensive tackle but from what I do know and have researched I see him as being a top 3 DT of this class behind Floyd and Star. The reason why he slipped past DT needy teams was bc I thought those teams needed to address other positions first. I've yet to see a scout/analyst mock/rank Richardson as the #1 overall prospect. I could see teams like the Titans, Panthers, Giants, and possibly Vikings (as people mentioned above) take Richardson but like I said they have other needs. The Giants seem to re-load and stock up on their outside pass rushers annually a year or two before they lose a current DE to Free agency. I can see Datone Jones replacing J. Tuck, or at the least provide competition for him to produce this year inside and out of the D-line. Jones can come in and start if need be and definitely help produce day one.

Ryan Lownes and Darren Page are two that I know have--followers of both on twitter. And your assessment is fair with players sliding and all, but I just can't see it happening with Richardson, especially with his projected elite performance at the combine.
I'd also like to point out that teams don't always address only one need. Each team in the league has at least 5 positions they are looking to improve on. And then you have to take account the draft philosophies of the GMs. With the Giants, linebackers are not a first-round priority, you can never have enough pass rushers and corners, BUT we select the BPA when it comes to our pick. Reese sticks with the ideology that "why reach for a player of less value when you could add an all-star to your roster?" And moreover, defensive tackle is more of a need to the Giants than defensive end. We recently cut Canty, Marvin Austin has showed them nothing, Bernard and Rogers are both 33 and injury prone. People worry about Umenyiora leaving, but don't recognize that Kiwanuka is expected to move back to his primary and best position at defensive end. That gives the Giants JPP, Tuck, Kiwanuka, Ojomo and Tracy who are young and the Giants have high hopes for, and a potential pick in the draft or F/A signing. DT and LB are priorities.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Cards pick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way we take a S with the #9 pick. I dont think he is even top 20. We have too many holes to fill. Give us an OLB (Jones in this case) or Warmack.
Safety is not a top priority for us or even close to BPA at #9.
Th@Bird$

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:
Where Richardson is selected doesn't define his value in my opinion, it's one of the many questionable moves that happens year in year out. Personally I didn't do my due diligence in researching and evaluating each position equally such as defensive tackle but from what I do know and have researched I see him as being a top 3 DT of this class behind Floyd and Star. The reason why he slipped past DT needy teams was bc I thought those teams needed to address other positions first. I've yet to see a scout/analyst mock/rank Richardson as the #1 overall prospect. I could see teams like the Titans, Panthers, Giants, and possibly Vikings (as people mentioned above) take Richardson but like I said they have other needs. The Giants seem to re-load and stock up on their outside pass rushers annually a year or two before they lose a current DE to Free agency. I can see Datone Jones replacing J. Tuck, or at the least provide competition for him to produce this year inside and out of the D-line. Jones can come in and start if need be and definitely help produce day one.

Ryan Lownes and Darren Page are two that I know have--followers of both on twitter. And your assessment is fair with players sliding and all, but I just can't see it happening with Richardson, especially with his projected elite performance at the combine.
I'd also like to point out that teams don't always address only one need. Each team in the league has at least 5 positions they are looking to improve on. And then you have to take account the draft philosophies of the GMs. With the Giants, linebackers are not a first-round priority, you can never have enough pass rushers and corners, BUT we select the BPA when it comes to our pick. Reese sticks with the ideology that "why reach for a player of less value when you could add an all-star to your roster?" And moreover, defensive tackle is more of a need to the Giants than defensive end. We recently cut Canty, Marvin Austin has showed them nothing, Bernard and Rogers are both 33 and injury prone. People worry about Umenyiora leaving, but don't recognize that Kiwanuka is expected to move back to his primary and best position at defensive end. That gives the Giants JPP, Tuck, Kiwanuka, Ojomo and Tracy who are young and the Giants have high hopes for, and a potential pick in the draft or F/A signing. DT and LB are priorities.

While you may be right about Reese going with BPA, there's no way for anybody to point out who would be the BPA on the Giant's board. It could be Richardson bc 90% would agree about Richardson being better than Jones. But the Giants like to kick their DE's inside on passing downs and I can see Tuck and Jones easily kicking in on nickel which in today's league is basically 2nd down on. You named 5 players at DE but how many known players at DE did the GMEN have when they drafted Kiwanuka? They had potentially 3 starters in place at DE at the time. Not to mention Kiwanuka hasn't played DE all 4 downs in a couple years. If you move him back to DE that sets up a hole at LB. As for the rest of the guys, only JPP is accounted for by other teams and considered a true threat. What if JPP goes down and Tuck's play diminishes even more? I suppose Richardson could kick out and play DE if need be, but that's not something any team wants to do full time bc they wouldn't reap the full benefits of his talents. Most people would agree with you as well as 10 other teams drafting after the Giants in my mock, but let's be honest who's to say Richardson can or can't slip? It's an unknown whether it's likely or not at this point. Nobody knows. It's a very deep DT class and one can be grabbed at a later point for the GMEN, its not priority 1. Pass rushers are elite players in this leage on the outside and one of the 3 key positions (QB, DE, CB) esp. with how today's game is played.
Th@Bird$

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
No way we take a S with the #9 pick. I dont think he is even top 20. We have too many holes to fill. Give us an OLB (Jones in this case) or Warmack.
Safety is not a top priority for us or even close to BPA at #9.

With how little cap the Jets have, it's possible they don't re-sign Landry and the S depth is questionable behind him there's no immediate starters ready. I considered Warmack or a OLB such as Dion Jordan but I went the route of S bc Vaccaro is the most coveted S in this class and a many teams picking after NY would jump at him in the early teens.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Bengals pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you hit on the correct area in D-lineman so good job there.

3 players i would have preferred there over montgomery though as i think all 3 are better players would be John Jenkins, Arthur Brown, and Alex Okafer.
hargreaves2326

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith is number 1 on my list for the bills love it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okafer would have been a good pick for the Falcons too, he slipped and I forgot about him. It's a toss up between him and Montgomery at that pick anyway.

Geno Smith to the Bills at #8 would be ideal. It's a risk worth taking at 8 sorta like Locker was (around same range) although he was considered more ready I think the value's about equal there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: