Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chill's simulation mock draft (a different way of mocking)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chillparsi1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
It's a good pick for the falcons in general. One that most will like.

With that said i fully disagree with the TE potential doubling if Gonzo leaves. I still don't think most falcon fans believe TE is a 1st round choice with it not being as big of a need as a D-lineman would be.

Our offense can survive easily without a new TE even with chase coffman and michael palmer. A mid round TE is the strength of this class and their almost if not as good as the top 2. Harry Douglas could also just get a bigger share of the passes thrown to help make up for gonzo's production now that he could and would be the legit #3 for us.

Also don't see why you left off John Jenkins and Arthur Brown as possibilities for the Falcons. Both are players we could easily be targeting that would help us tremendously even more so than TE.

I left Jenkins of because I see him more as a 3-4 NT. Honestly though I just re-watched the senior bowl...and I'm not too sold on him. Don't knkow much about Brown, thought he was seen more as a round 2 guy.

Barndog wrote:
chillparsi1 wrote:
The chillparsi1 probabilities mock

2Cool Denver Broncos Ė Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida St (18%)
Jesse Williams (20%), John Jenkins (20%), Jonathan Banks (10%), Desmond Trufant (10%), Sylvester Williams (10%), Tyler Eifert (5%), Zach Ertz (5%), Luther Brown (2%)
*They already have Tamme and Green as the pass catching TEs, didnít think Ertz/Eifert would be too likely here.

Jesse Williams (15%)
John Jenkins (15%)
Xavier Rhodes (15%)
Alex Okafor (12%)
Sam Montgomery (12%)
Sylvester Williams (10%)
Kawann Short (10%)
Desmond Trufant (8%)
Eddie Lacy (3%)

Any specific reason you left off Banks?
CriminalMind wrote:
chillparsi1 wrote:

vikingsrule wrote:
DE makes no sense for the Vikings, even if Allen is 31. Its not the time to add youth the position (we have Everson Griffen and D'Aundre Reed as well). The Vikes simply have too many needs at MLB, WR and S that need to be addressed before DE needs to be. Id put DE as a 2014 need.

The pick had as much to do with just how great Jordan can be as it does with need. Griffen will inevitably fall on his face...kid is lazy and kinda selfish - he's one of my lease favorite Trojans ever for a reason. MLB WR and S may be needs but are there any prospects there with even close to Dion's caliber? I can fathom paring the percentage a bit but I'm not sold he wouldn't be a very good chance there. You don't want to wait until Allen hits the wall to find a pass rush.

Its one thing to advocate that Dion would be great value in a selection at pick #23, but to insinuate that Everson Griffen is going to fail soon enough, when he has done everything coaches have asked of him whether its try out LB or play DE or play DT, is crazy. He dropped to Round 4 due to his attitude at USC, but that attitude has changed, and he is becoming an excellent versatille young player.
It's possible but I'm still not convinced. I want to see how he handles himself once he's successful. Does he keep that focus? Because again, thats not what happened at 'SC. He started to lose PT, then worked real hard, then kinda became a bit of a fool again once he got some recognition. Moot argument I suppose

ttitansfan4life wrote:
That doesn't really matter because the fact of the matter is, the reason we didn't draft them high was because we had the best O-Line coach in football in Munchak. Now he's the HC and he damn sure wont be throwing away a top 10 pick on a OG with holes at DT, S, and depth everywhere. Others I'd like would be Ansah, Moore, Floyd, and Patterson.

Definitely hadn't thought about how Munchak was the OL coach and now HC. Fair point.

Walshy wrote:
Please do round 2 and 3.

Will do take a stab at a 2 rounder post-combine, thanks for the support Laughing

Stone65 with the sig!
Walshy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome! you are my new favorite mock creator.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a 3-4 NT and thats why we need him. The falcons run a 4-3 / 3-4 Hybrid scheme under Mike Nolan. They both have said they want to run more 3-4 sets. The one problem we have been having in those 3-4 sets we line up in is no true NT to help it out. We need a 3-4 NT that can also be that huge beast in a 4-3 to allow us to run 3 rushers beside him as well.

Nolan's specialty is the 3-4 and slowly but surely we are transitioning into using it alot more and could possibly be our base package before it's all said and done under him.
boondock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on how your draft plays out, I would look at this being our likely hood of picks.

40% Sheldon Richardson
30% Lane Johnson
10% Kenny Vaccaro
5% DJ Swearinger
5% Cordarelle Patterson

Johnson is a good pick, but Richardson is the better player.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would luke joeckel be a 50%? We need a guard not a tackle.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
joru1000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good effort, horrible Vikings pick.
birdman70

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
It's a good pick for the falcons in general. One that most will like.

With that said i fully disagree with the TE potential doubling if Gonzo leaves. I still don't think most falcon fans believe TE is a 1st round choice with it not being as big of a need as a D-lineman would be.

Our offense can survive easily without a new TE even with chase coffman and michael palmer. A mid round TE is the strength of this class and their almost if not as good as the top 2. Harry Douglas could also just get a bigger share of the passes thrown to help make up for gonzo's production now that he could and would be the legit #3 for us.

Also don't see why you left off John Jenkins and Arthur Brown as possibilities for the Falcons. Both are players we could easily be targeting that would help us tremendously even more so than TE.

What he said

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: