Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Keeper League: Pick 3 PLEASE HELP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big_D88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Keeper League: Pick 3 PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Pick between 3 of these guys:

Matt Ryan
Doug Martin
Calvin Johnson
Roddy White
Wes Welker
Reggie Wayne

Standard scoring except all TDs are 6 and every 50 passing yards is 1 pt instead of every 25 yards

There are so many variables to consider. What QBs would be available if you didn't keep Ryan? What WRs would be available if you didn't keep White? How big is the league? who are the teams drafting 1-9 likely to keep?

Personally, I would keep Martin, Johnson, and White, but I could be persuaded to keep Ryan instead of White. If there would be no QB available that is on Ryan's level, I would keep him but I would prefer to keep White (who has more value in this format).

Vikings Forum ESPN League Fantasy Football 2010 Champion
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Keeper League: Pick 3 PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

Big_D88 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Matt Ryan
Doug Martin
Calvin Johnson
Roddy White
Wes Welker
Reggie Wayne

Standard scoring except all TDs are 6 and every 50 passing yards is 1 pt instead of every 25 yards

There are so many variables to consider. What QBs would be available if you didn't keep Ryan? What WRs would be available if you didn't keep White? How big is the league? who are the teams drafting 1-9 likely to keep?

Personally, I would keep Martin, Johnson, and White, but I could be persuaded to keep Ryan instead of White. If there would be no QB available that is on Ryan's level, I would keep him but I would prefer to keep White (who has more value in this format).

12 teams

Rodgers, Brees, Brady, RG3, Stafford for sure are being kept

Its hard to figure out the WRs though

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So looking at QB`s who are rated higher than Ryan now (based on fantaysfootballcalculator info).

Rogers
Brees
Brady
Manning
RG3
Newton
Wilson
Luck
Ryan
Stafford
Kaepernick

There is 11 QB`s who should be as good or better than Ryan next year.
Assuming you don`t plan on taking 2 of these guys I would sit tight and likely have your choice of a few of them at the 10th pick.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince.Malachi wrote:
So looking at QB`s who are rated higher than Ryan now (based on fantaysfootballcalculator info).

Rogers
Brees
Brady
Manning
RG3
Newton
Wilson
Luck
Ryan
Stafford
Kaepernick

Assuming you don`t plan on taking 2 of these guys I would sit tight and likely have your choice of a few of them at the 10th pick.

Are all of the young guys really better though? Plus idk if i'd take stafford or newton over him either

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Prince.Malachi wrote:

Rogers
Brees
Brady
Manning
RG3
Newton
Wilson
Luck
Ryan
Stafford
Kaepernick

Are all of the young guys really better though? Plus idk if i'd take stafford or newton over him either

After this year I think Newton is a safe pick. I think Kaepernick will continue to be a fantasy monster. Those 2 I like more than Ryan. Luck should do well again next year with a likely less than stellar D and run game. Toss in a few rushing TD's and yards and he can't be that far off Ryan. If you had both he would be the play just as often as Ryan I think. For some reason I don't fully trust Wilson...maybe its because I don't understand him yet...I am not sold on his fantasy production next year. He had enough dud games in 2012. Stafford...who the heck knows whats up there...seems like either he or the whole team could be having problems and regressing, another guy I don't feel comfortable with.

How many of the guys keeping QB's pick ahead of you?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince.Malachi wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Prince.Malachi wrote:

Rogers
Brees
Brady
Manning
RG3
Newton
Wilson
Luck
Ryan
Stafford
Kaepernick

After this year I think Newton is a safe pick. I think Kaepernick will continue to be a fantasy monster. Those 2 I like more than Ryan. Luck should do well again next year with a likely less than stellar D and run game. Toss in a few rushing TD's and yards and he can't be that far off Ryan. If you had both he would be the play just as often as Ryan I think. For some reason I don't fully trust Wilson...maybe its because I don't understand him yet...I am not sold on his fantasy production next year. He had enough dud games in 2012. Stafford...who the heck knows whats up there...seems like either he or the whole team could be having problems and regressing, another guy I don't feel comfortable with.

How many of the guys keeping QB's pick ahead of you?

I'm not totally sure

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many teams?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 teams

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Matt Ryan
Calvin Johnson
Roddy White

You think Martin isnt worth keeping?

Keep Martin and Megatron. If it was 1 point every 25 yards I'd go with Ryan as the 3rd one, but being at 1 per 50, I'd take Roddy. A lot of good, young up and coming QBs to go with the usual upper echelon beasts.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Ryan and Roddy are a real rough duo to pick from for me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Keeper League: Pick 3 PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Big_D88 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Matt Ryan
Doug Martin
Calvin Johnson
Roddy White
Wes Welker
Reggie Wayne

12 teams

My Point exactly, I feel that the dropoff between White and the WR you would get would be greater than the gap between Ryan and who you get. I would keep White (with Johnson and Martin which are no brainers). Also note who is keeping QBs that has a pick higher than you (unlikely they will grab another QB)

Vikings Forum ESPN League Fantasy Football 2010 Champion
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Keeper League: Pick 3 PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

Big_D88 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Big_D88 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Matt Ryan
Doug Martin
Calvin Johnson
Roddy White
Wes Welker
Reggie Wayne

12 teams

My Point exactly, I feel that the dropoff between White and the WR you would get would be greater than the gap between Ryan and who you get. I would keep White (with Johnson and Martin which are no brainers). Also note who is keeping QBs that has a pick higher than you (unlikely they will grab another QB)

i guess you are right. I REALLY wanna know who everyone is keeping. I know i will have the 10th pick in the draft

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you won your league... LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: