Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Footballs Future Twitter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Feedback Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Footballs Future Twitter Reply with quote

I don't know if its been brought up before, but I think an official Footballs Future twitter account would be a good way to expand the member base and get the word out even more than it already is.

A lot of sites will pose general questions or link their prominent threads on their twitter.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a very good idea.
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webbys prolly like wth I just got a FF MySpace page up and running!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you worry guys, FF has recently taken to Bebo where you can follow on your own account!

EDIT: Also idea OP btw! Would be an awesome way for FF to branch out!

Kiltman on the sig
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, FWIW, when I was a contributer to another football site, we had a twitter account that was run by all the admins/writers, so the responsibility to run it didn't fall on one guy.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Webbys prolly like wth I just got a FF MySpace page up and running!!

Laughing

I like the idea of an official twitter account...
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing is is what do you populate a FF Twitter account with? Stuff from the new forum? Hot topics? Controversial topics?

I personally like the idea to get to site more coverage but for most of us it's probably just easier to log in to the site and see what's up.

Kempes on the custom sig!
AlexM23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're at it, an official Facebook page would be also be cool.

Kiltman on the sig
justo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
The only thing is is what do you populate a FF Twitter account with? Stuff from the new forum? Hot topics? Controversial topics?
I know we don't like talking about other sites but reddit has an account for their NFL page. Just posts popular threads. Not everyone goes into every single team thread. Maybe something that does the big story threads and also good team specific ones?
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:

I personally like the idea to get to site more coverage but for most of us it's probably just easier to log in to the site and see what's up.

Big moves and such. The Flacco signing would be a good one.

"Ravens sign Flacco to a six-year extension worth up to $120M. Do you think the Ravens overpayed? *insert thread url*"
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

Big moves and such. The Flacco signing would be a good one.

"Ravens sign Flacco to a six-year extension worth up to $120M. Do you think the Ravens overpayed? *insert thread url*"
bingo. It'd be a great idea. have Billy Spikes or one of our Adam Schefters do it.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Adam Schefter tweets that Joe Falcco signed. Then an FF member posts a link to his tweet on FF in NFL news and then we are supposed to tweet a link to FF that links to Schefter's tweet? Doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

Plus, I don't have time to run a twitter account and I wouldn't want to turn over the account to someone else to run.

Finally, please remember not to promote your personal twitter accounts on FF.

Thanks for the feedback.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webmaster wrote:
So Adam Schefter tweets that Joe Falcco signed. Then an FF member posts a link to his tweet on FF in NFL news and then we are supposed to tweet a link to FF that links to Schefter's tweet? Doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

Plus, I don't have time to run a twitter account and I wouldn't want to turn over the account to someone else to run.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think that linking to FF would offer an opportunity to debate the topic, which simply reading Schefter's tweet would not. They wouldn't come to FF just to see the news posted, but to debate it and voice their opinions.
JMG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webmaster wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.
You don't think the 'Global Mods' could do that? Just checking out all possibilities. It would be great to enhance FF ever more than it is !

[]_[] Family
iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I think that linking to FF would offer an opportunity to debate the topic, which simply reading Schefter's tweet would not. They wouldn't come to FF just to see the news posted, but to debate it and voice their opinions.
Retweet Schefter's tweet, make second tweet that says "What do you think of Flacco's deal? Come discuss it here http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=515248" or whatever. Do the same thing for great topics or ones that could be great discussion in General "Does Alex Smith fit Andy Reid's offense? You decide! http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=515037" The same could be done for team forums too. "The Chiefs use the #1 pick on _____. Chime in here [link]"

But having someone run it could be problematic. Maybe having the mods handle it, and each mod in an area would be able to link to topics of importance in their section that they saw fit to. Or only certain mods for each section that wanted to handle it, or only globals. I wouldn't have a problem throwing a couple links to the Jaguars forum every once in a while. Not sure how it would work in higher traffic sections though. Might be a bit too much work to put on someone.

It might also become a sense of pride for members to have their topics featured, so they are putting more effort into making threads great in General, comparisons and team forums.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Feedback Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: