Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

please kill me now......
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSnack wrote:
well gay looks like he will get his chance to show his skills to all those across the pond.

Eh?

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:

I have a feeling Keisel was hurt or something last year. His play dramatically increased half way through the season.

he was hurt, and his play did increase dramatically.

despite the fact that he was hurt and he was absolute garbage, our first round draft pick got almost no playing time. Perhaps if Heyward got some playing time, Keisel would've healed faster, Heyward would've gotten more snaps and more experience. That sounds like a win-win to me.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:

I have a feeling Keisel was hurt or something last year. His play dramatically increased half way through the season.

despite the fact that he was hurt and he was absolute garbage, our first round draft pick got almost no playing time. Perhaps if Heyward got some playing time, Keisel would've healed faster, Heyward would've gotten more snaps and more experience. That sounds like a win-win to me.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure I agree with you. First of all, I'm not prepared to say that Keisel was absolute garbage and second of all, even if he was, what does that say about Heyward that he can't 'beat out' Keisel for the starting job?
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
I'm not prepared to say that Keisel was absolute garbage

for the first half dozen games or so he was.

wwhickok wrote:
and second of all, even if he was, what does that say about Heyward that he can't 'beat out' Keisel for the starting job?

absolutely nothing. LeBeau would keep JJ Watt off the field if we had drafted him in 2011. Patrick Peterson would've sat behind William Gay in 2011.

Heyward not seeing the field is an indictment of the defensive coaching staff's constant reliance on veteran players. That's the point.

We draft Ziggy, he sits behind Aaron Smith. naturally. Demolition Man was a beast. Ziggy gets some substantial playing time in 2010. He really kicks it into high gear and in the last 7 games of the season, he registers sacks in 5 of the games and is top 3 in tackles. WTF?!?!? So we reward him by sending him to the bench again in 2011. Aaron Smith was obviously a shell of his former self. He was getting mauled in practice and he got mauled in the first abomination against the Ravens in 2011. He obviously was done, but Ziggy continued to wait.

We draft Cam Heyward 1st round. We make sure he stays plastered to the bench all season, then throw him in at the end of the season in the playoffs and wonder why he didn't play too well? Maybe he had an a$$ cramp from sitting on the bench all year.

2012 begins, and Keisel is still suffering from his groin injury that he sustained vs. Denver in the playoffs. Funny how injuries on 34-year old bodies seem to last so much longer...anyway, Keisel stinks for the first several games of the season. Heyward finally gets a chance on the last series vs. the NYJ and he basically closes the game out with a tackle for loss and a sack to end the game.

BACK TO THE BENCH YOU GO!!!

the very next week, the Steelers' defense gets dominated and Keisel (and Snack, for that matter) get steamrolled by an Oakland team that ran cutback lanes at Keisel all game long. McFadden's cutback lane on his 62-yard run was created by Keisel getting owned at the LoS by the kid from Hillman College (tall dude, name escapes me EDIT - Veldheer). Keisel was terrible that game. He doesn't get it together until week 7 (I think) right before the bye week

Perhaps a healthy Heyward could ride his progress and the "wave" from being so good vs. the NYJ (against D'Brickshaw Ferguson, no less, one of only 4 sacks he gave up all year) and perhaps we don't get slapped around so bad vs. Oakland?
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
I'm not prepared to say that Keisel was absolute garbage

for the first half dozen games or so he was.

wwhickok wrote:
and second of all, even if he was, what does that say about Heyward that he can't 'beat out' Keisel for the starting job?

absolutely nothing. LeBeau would keep JJ Watt off the field if we had drafted him in 2011. Patrick Peterson would've sat behind William Gay in 2011.

Heyward not seeing the field is an indictment of the defensive coaching staff's constant reliance on veteran players. That's the point.

We draft Ziggy, he sits behind Aaron Smith. naturally. Demolition Man was a beast. Ziggy gets some substantial playing time in 2010. He really kicks it into high gear and in the last 7 games of the season, he registers sacks in 5 of the games and is top 3 in tackles. WTF?!?!? So we reward him by sending him to the bench again in 2011. Aaron Smith was obviously a shell of his former self. He was getting mauled in practice and he got mauled in the first abomination against the Ravens in 2011. He obviously was done, but Ziggy continued to wait.

We draft Cam Heyward 1st round. We make sure he stays plastered to the bench all season, then throw him in at the end of the season in the playoffs and wonder why he didn't play too well? Maybe he had an a$$ cramp from sitting on the bench all year.

2012 begins, and Keisel is still suffering from his groin injury that he sustained vs. Denver in the playoffs. Funny how injuries on 34-year old bodies seem to last so much longer...anyway, Keisel stinks for the first several games of the season. Heyward finally gets a chance on the last series vs. the NYJ and he basically closes the game out with a tackle for loss and a sack to end the game.

BACK TO THE BENCH YOU GO!!!

the very next week, the Steelers' defense gets dominated and Keisel (and Snack, for that matter) get steamrolled by an Oakland team that ran cutback lanes at Keisel all game long. McFadden's cutback lane on his 62-yard run was created by Keisel getting owned at the LoS by the kid from Hillman College (tall dude, name escapes me EDIT - Veldheer). Keisel was terrible that game. He doesn't get it together until week 7 (I think) right before the bye week

Perhaps a healthy Heyward could ride his progress and the "wave" from being so good vs. the NYJ (against D'Brickshaw Ferguson, no less, one of only 4 sacks he gave up all year) and perhaps we don't get slapped around so bad vs. Oakland?

does lebeau have influence on the FO to get a player in UFA like willie? If so, he is senile .
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:

I'll be honest, I'm not sure I agree with you. First of all, I'm not prepared to say that Keisel was absolute garbage and second of all, even if he was, what does that say about Heyward that he can't 'beat out' Keisel for the starting job?
yep! Kiesel wasn't as bad as some would lead us to believe. Seems like he's on a mission to just hate all the veterans lately and one of the best coaches in team history.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:

yep! Kiesel wasn't as bad as some would lead us to believe. Seems like he's on a mission to just hate all the veterans lately and one of the best coaches in team history.

read what I wrote please.

Keisel was terrible the first half dozen games. After that, he was one of the best players on the defense.

your response above is standard message board tripe

by stating that a player wasn't playing well, it's "hating"
by admitting that LeBeau is human and that he might not do everything perfectly, it's "hating"

don't let that fallacy to the extreme slap you too hard in the face, please.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
by stating that a player wasn't playing well, it's "hating"
by admitting that LeBeau is human and that he might not do everything perfectly, it's "hating"

I couldnt possibly agree more with this.

This happens way too often. People cry hate over everything.

I do think you are going way overboard complaining about the Gay signing, but I do agree with that part.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about being a hater, why doesn't the new post 'icon' work for the past month? Tired of clicking on same thread, thinking there's a new post!!

/end rant (felt like going off my rocker since Kethy did)
BigSnack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
BigSnack wrote:
well gay looks like he will get his chance to show his skills to all those across the pond.

Eh?

now that gay is back with us, that was him getting trucked by peterson on that play, and we happen to get to play the vikes this year, and it is in London.

Yeast infection.
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSnack wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
BigSnack wrote:

Eh?

now that gay is back with us, that was him getting trucked by peterson on that play, and we happen to get to play the vikes this year, and it is in London.

Ah, right yeah. I thought he had said he was gonna play Rugby or something haha

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said nothing about anyone "hating anyone", but I've also said for over a year now this team is going to be transitioning from the older players that were brought in the early part and mid part of last decade to a younger group of players and in the transition the team will probably hover around .500 or maybe have a season of under .500. People need to display more patience and expect some growing pains in this transition.

So, why I see all of this player hasn't stepped up yet, he can't possibly have a future, this coach is done because he likes to play his veterans till "he" feels they are done and the young players are truly ready to be full time players. It rubs me the wrong way.

Do people expect this franchise to just constantly win 12 games a year?

It doesn't work that way, there are ebbs and flows with every franchise and most of that depends on how healthy the team is. Last year and I predict this year will be around .500, but I think next year (2014) the team will be back and one of the best in the conference.

Have patience, have faith! Wink Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I said nothing about anyone "hating anyone", but I've also said for over a year now this team is going to be transitioning from the older players that were brought in the early part and mid part of last decade to a younger group of players

and I agree with you. Which is why it's aggravating as hell to see us bring back William Gay, whose ceiling is about as high as my bottom bootlace.

We've seen LeBeau rely on untalented vets while talented younger guys sit. There is no 2 ways around the fact that a player who is actually playing will learn the defense and get more reps, which is what helps develop those younger players

Gay got 3 years to prove himself. He proved the first 2 seasons that he was putrid. He finally didn't suck by year 3.

Gay got 3 years. Brown got 1 game.

I hope like heck I eat my words, and we see Heyward and Brown get some appreciable field time so they can actually develop. I have, literally, zero issues starting younger guys so they can develop. That's kinda one of my bones of contention here that seems to be getting twisted or misconstrued.
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William Gay's game is zone coverage. He sucks at man. Most of what the Steelers were doing last year was bump and run man. Even the 3 year contract, he will be cheap to cut. 500K signing bonus.

We shall see if Carnell Lake can work his magic. I would rather him be doing voodoo with Curtis Brown so she can get in there as the nickle.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: