Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '13 Chargers War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 18322
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Why would we want Yates?


We old cut CBJ, and save around $1m. He's also better, and younger.


Any trade that comes to me, I bring to you guys.
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27961
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know Rivers won't miss a game unless his arm gets cut off, so there's no point in sacrificing a still premium pick for a guy who is just a game manager at best (and he even got to play in some pretty ideal conditions)? He's never going to be anything more than a below average starter at best, and he won't start.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27961
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Why would we want Yates?


We old cut CBJ, and save around $1m. He's also better, and younger.


Any trade that comes to me, I bring to you guys.


Sure, but keep in mind, CBJ didn't play a snap. Yes, Yates is younger and yes he is better, but we could cut Charlie now and pay him minimum, I'm sure......

Also, we now have a glut at NT and on the DL in general with Liuget, Reyes, Hankins, Garay, Sopoaga, Martin, and Cam. What do we do? That's a lot of players for 3 starting spots.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 18322
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
[Also, we now have a glut at NT and on the DL in general with Liuget, Reyes, Hankins, Garay, Sopoaga, Martin, and Cam. What do we do? That's a lot of players for 3 starting spots.


Garay is gone.

Liguet and Reyes are pass rushers, Martin is a run stuffer. Good rotation there.

Sopoaga, Thomas, and Hankins will play NT. Sopoaga and Thomas can also play DE, Martin can play NT.

Very good rotation on the DL.
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27961
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
[Also, we now have a glut at NT and on the DL in general with Liuget, Reyes, Hankins, Garay, Sopoaga, Martin, and Cam. What do we do? That's a lot of players for 3 starting spots.


Garay is gone.

Liguet and Reyes are pass rushers, Martin is a run stuffer. Good rotation there.

Sopoaga, Thomas, and Hankins will play NT. Sopoaga and Thomas can also play DE, Martin can play NT.

Very good rotation on the DL.


Okay, wasn't sure if we were keeping Garay at all. Any chance we can pawn him off for a late round pick? Cap hit is probably way too big.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 25585
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Garay opens up $5m when we cut him. We have cap space. I'll throw the offer for Porter.




Texans just offered TJ Yates, a 5th, and a future 6th for our 4th.

Good: Younger and cheaper than CBJ. Probably better too.

Bad: Lose a 4th

What say you?

I can unearth us a QB the caliber of TJ Yates (a likely never-starter, but someone who can "not lose" you games if needed to come on as an injury/clock-kill filler. There just aren't a ton of QB's with "franchise" potential in this class... plenty of fair backups.
_________________

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 18322
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter is up to $1.15m, with a few teams bidding. How much are we willing to go up to?
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27961
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Porter is up to $1.15m, with a few teams bidding. How much are we willing to go up to?


He is a starting CB, so I'd be willing to go decently high. Our corners now are what, 1 player who has played pretty well but hasn't had enough chances, 1 NCB, and 1 rookie? And a 3rd round bust? Porter would start immediately and fill a need.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 25585
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Porter is up to $1.15m, with a few teams bidding. How much are we willing to go up to?

As high as we can while still being able to afford him and still be able to offer him a $80m guaranteed contract just to troll the rest of FFMD? Laughing

I kid, I kid.
_________________

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27961
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Porter is up to $1.15m, with a few teams bidding. How much are we willing to go up to?

As high as we can while still being able to afford him and still be able to offer him a $80m guaranteed contract just to troll the rest of FFMD? Laughing

I kid, I kid.


That contract was ridiculous.

Realistically, we should push and push and push until he's out of our spending limit just because he'd be an immediate starter, plus we can go another direction in the 4th more easily. Anyone for Trevardo Williams or Alvin Bailey?
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 18322
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New offer to Porter

MrDrew wrote:
The Chargers offer CB Tracy Porter $1,634,589.27


Yes, I fit 1-9 in there.
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27961
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we got upped. I don't know why the Giants want him so much....
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 25585
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Porter is up to $1.15m, with a few teams bidding. How much are we willing to go up to?

As high as we can while still being able to afford him and still be able to offer him a $80m guaranteed contract just to troll the rest of FFMD? Laughing

I kid, I kid.


That contract was ridiculous.

Realistically, we should push and push and push until he's out of our spending limit just because he'd be an immediate starter, plus we can go another direction in the 4th more easily. Anyone for Trevardo Williams or Alvin Bailey?

Right now, I'm looking at 3 value/semi-need guys: Trevardo is one, Tony Jefferson is another, and Keith Pough is a 3rd (trust the tape on this guy - he makes a great projection inside in a 3-4, and if given a year to develop behind Spikes, he can be what Jonas Mouton was supposed to be - coach's son, tremendous leader, infectious attitude and hunger for the game).
_________________

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 25585
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
And we got upped. I don't know why the Giants want him so much....

In the case of most of these teams it's because "well... we have money to spend, so why not?"
_________________

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27961
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Porter is up to $1.15m, with a few teams bidding. How much are we willing to go up to?

As high as we can while still being able to afford him and still be able to offer him a $80m guaranteed contract just to troll the rest of FFMD? Laughing

I kid, I kid.


That contract was ridiculous.

Realistically, we should push and push and push until he's out of our spending limit just because he'd be an immediate starter, plus we can go another direction in the 4th more easily. Anyone for Trevardo Williams or Alvin Bailey?

Right now, I'm looking at 3 value/semi-need guys: Trevardo is one, Tony Jefferson is another, and Keith Pough is a 3rd (trust the tape on this guy - he makes a great projection inside in a 3-4, and if given a year to develop behind Spikes, he can be what Jonas Mouton was supposed to be - coach's son, tremendous leader, infectious attitude and hunger for the game).


Pough probably drops later and I'm not looking to replace Taylor really, although Jefferson would be great overall depth (can't afford another ST-only guy like Stuckey though)

Alvin Bailey would be intriguing IMO. Athletic guy and can move.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 54 of 61

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group