Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NHL Regular Season Discussion 2013 edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mm6492

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Rumors are going around that Pittsburgh is trying to acquire Jack Johnson... possibly for Simon Despres.

If this happens, I'll personally find Shero and punch him. How stupid of a trade would that be? We have zero need at all for Jack Johnson. He's a horribly overrated puck-moving defenseman who is as effective defensively as a traffic cone. No thanks!
I'm actually a big JJ fan, I feel his ceiling is still real high and he's shown he can reach it. He has struggled some this year but Is till would rather not see him on the Pens. If it was him for Despres straight up, you win IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our 1st line is such a joy to watch, that's something I never thought I would say, E. Staal, Semin and Tlusty have unreal chemistry. I believe they have 24 points in the past 4 games.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

56GiantPens66 wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Any tampa fans?

Haha... in all seriousness Tampa has a much better roster than several teams who have a better ranking. Even when Tampa was 'better' the last several seasons they were still underrated. Long live Stamkos, St. Louis and Lecavalier haha.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan01 wrote:
Is there a better player playing with a worse pair of line mates than Datsyuk playing with Clearly and Abdelkader? Cleary's time in the NHL is about done and Abdelkader is much more suited to a 3rd/4th line grinder role than on a line that is expected to score. Such a waste.

haha, Cleary has been getting insane TOI (both ES and ST) all year and it's maddening. Abby is a 4th liner at best. Our third line has actually been great this year with Tats - Andersson - Eaves.. very surprising as Helm was our entire third line last year once Filp moved to Z's wing. Sammy shouldn't have a spot when he comes back, but he'll probably send Andersson back to the Griffins. Bertuzzi can play on Datsyuk's wing and send Abby down to the fourth line where he belongs. When Filp comes back he'll play with Z and Franzen will get pushed to Datsyuk's line.

Absolutely absurd that they are playing 11 and 8 with Datsyuk game in and game out though. Legitimately two anchors playing alongside one of the top five talents in the world, neutralizing the Wings' best offensive threats. imo, our lines should look as follows:

Fil - Z - Brunner
Franzen - Dats - Nyquist
Eaves - Andersson - Tartar
Miller - Cemmer - Tootoo
Abby

With Miller/Abby switching based off of the type of style we're going for. Sammy and Bert should pretty much just be bought out at this point, especially if Helm comes back. We have so many forwards that we don't need it's kind of ridiculous. Nyquist will obviously be stored in the AHL and Cleary/Sammy/Bert will sit in his spot, but this is ideal imo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the clip of Marc Staal taking a puck to the eye. Holy [inappropriate/removed]. I hope he's okay.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landru wrote:
Just saw the clip of Marc Staal taking a puck to the eye. Holy [inappropriate/removed]. I hope he's okay.

Just looked at it. Disgusting. Reminds me of Yzerman getting hit back in '04 (?) ... dude wore a visor for the rest of his career iirc after he took a puck to the eye and tbh Staal's looks worse in slow motion than I remember Yzerman's looking, but that was forever ago and I don't see any replays online. Yzerman scratched his cornea and broke his orbital bone... we'll see how Staal is impacted. That was bad. Yzerman definitely missed significant amounts of time and some playoff time.. never was the same after it, but he was old anyway.. hope Staal is okay.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Rumors are going around that Pittsburgh is trying to acquire Jack Johnson... possibly for Simon Despres.

If this happens, I'll personally find Shero and punch him. How stupid of a trade would that be? We have zero need at all for Jack Johnson. He's a horribly overrated puck-moving defenseman who is as effective defensively as a traffic cone. No thanks!

Every year there are trade rumors involving Johnson the Pens considering the Crosby connection. lol

I still don't know why Despres has been scratched at times this year. Play the guy and keep him in the lineup through thick and thin. He's not going to develop sitting in the pressbox. I agree there's no way I would want Shero to make that trade. Despres is the future on the blueline for the Pens. I'm not saying he isn't tradeable but not for a guy like Johnson.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landru wrote:

The way he went down, I thought he lost his eye or something, truely terrible to watch.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you Penguins fans are vastly overrating the ceiling of Simon Despres. You'd win that trade in a heartbeat IMO.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rangers claimed Hamrlik - Staal possibly out a while?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
Rangers claimed Hamrlik - Staal possibly out a while?

Indefinitely unfortunately, though our docs expect him to make a full recovery. We'll miss him very much until then. Glad he is OK, though I honestly had a good feeling it wouldn't be too tragic an injury. Glad it turned out to be that way. Don't need another Berard-type situation.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:

If I'm Pittsburgh I do that deal in a heart beat. I would do it so quick the Blue Jackets wouldn't have a chance to change their mind.

I disagree with him being over rated. If anything its the other way.

He logs 26 minutes plus per game and is thrown into every situation on the Jackets. He isn't surrounded by major talent either.

If JJ is guilty of anything its trying to do to much. It's a common occurrence when very good players are put in situations where they have to cover for inadequacies elsewhere.

Record a few Blue Jackets games. Then watch the games focusing solely on JJ when he's on the ice. Then watch them again focusing on the positioning of his defence partner and the center.

If he was added to the Pens lineup I think you would be amazed at what he would bring to the team.

I just doubt anyone will pony up what Columbus should be asking for him.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone see the scrap in the Leafs Sens game tonight?

Dziurzynski versus McLaren. I give Dziurzynski full marks for dropping the gloves but it was a bad decision. It's been many years since I've seen a player get tagged like that. McLaren landed a haymaker and Dziurzynski was out on his feet and collapsed forward on his face. It was one of those moments in hockey when your stomach turns.

He had to be helped off the ice because his legs were jello.

He's a brave lad but hopefully he learns you don't fight a guy that's 25 pounds heavier that's fought 160 times.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=g-sports&v=EiUWyI3FuQA

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Last edited by diehardlionfan on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are people serious about the Jack Johnson deal? He's awful.

Overrated skills offensively and defensively, he's a traffic cone. He's nothing more than an average NHL player with a big name.

He's a #4 defensemen; nothing more.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Are people serious about the Jack Johnson deal? He's awful.

Overrated skills offensively and defensively, he's a traffic cone. He's nothing more than an average NHL player with a big name.

He's a #4 defensemen; nothing more.

That's simply not true. You aren't evaluating him fairly and at the same time really over valuing the Pittsburgh players.

Jack Johnson is anything but a Traffic cone. He logs huge minutes. He was Captain of team USA at he world championships. He was a silver medalist in the Olympics.

He's by far better than average currently and is still improving. I don't know what you have against him but its pretty obvious you're not evaluating him the same way everyone else does.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 35 of 83

Jump to: