Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Clippers are frauds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bennett23


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 7224
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Griffin is gradually developing a post game, just check out the games CP3 was absent this year.

Did the stats for you. Accoring to Dolphins82, Blake Griffin in spoonfed all his points off lobs by Chris Paul, also, after Chris Paul, the Clippers have no good shot creator. Since Blake Griffin has the same offensive skillset as Tyson Chandler, again claimed by Dolphins82, in games that Chris Paul does not play, Blake Griffin should be completely useless.

He can't do anything offensively on his own, and without the only shot creator the Clippers have, how could Blake Griffin be at all effective?

In 10 games that Chris Paul has not played this season, Blake Griffin has averaged;

33 Minutes Per Game
77/144 ~ 53% from the field
20.2 PPG
7.9 RPG
6 APG

Yup. Seems very much like an overrated player who can't do anything at all without receiving a perfect pass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 13244
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan at all of the way this topic originated, but there seems to have been some good discussion that has been derived from it, thus the only reason it is still open.

Just a subtle reminder to keep it to basketball, guys. Thanks.
_________________

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 44311
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blake Griffin does more than dunk. He may dunk a lot, but he is developing not just a post game, but is improving his midrange game.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fullback40


Joined: 30 Dec 2012
Posts: 311
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can I go out and make a post about how crappy the Miami Heat are? I am not even a basketball fan, but making a thread about a team that isn't your team...and calling them worthless pretty much should be trolling.

This dude trolls so hard. He makes me laugh. Also this is the guy who said D-Wade was better than LeBron a while back. Hilarious argument. I wish he was worth my time enough to go dig up that old joke of a thread, but he isn't.


The Clippers aren't as good as their record would suggest, but they aren't a bad team...nor are they going to be 1-and-done in the playoffs like this guy would seemingly suggest.


The Heat are going to win it all this year, but I hope they don't just to drink up the tears of D-Wade's #1 fan and secret admirer that trolls these forums.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
d_stanton2lions


Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Posts: 2914
Location: Boulder, Colorado
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
So can I go out and make a post about how crappy the Miami Heat are? I am not even a basketball fan, but making a thread about a team that isn't your team...and calling them worthless pretty much should be trolling.

This dude trolls so hard. He makes me laugh. Also this is the guy who said D-Wade was better than LeBron a while back. Hilarious argument. I wish he was worth my time enough to go dig up that old joke of a thread, but he isn't.


The Clippers aren't as good as their record would suggest, but they aren't a bad team...nor are they going to be 1-and-done in the playoffs like this guy would seemingly suggest.


The Heat are going to win it all this year, but I hope they don't just to drink up the tears of D-Wade's #1 fan and secret admirer that trolls these forums.


The heat suck because I don't like them and people on TV and news sites that I openly choose to go to like to talk about them. LeFraud is overrated and couldn't do anything without being 6'8 260 and better than everyone else. I watch SportCenter every single morning since 5th grade and trust me LeFraud and Miami suck. They can't really play defense, no matter what the stats say, the stats are wrong because I watch SportsCenter. They showed 2 LeFraud dunks and it's pretty obvious all he can do is dunk.
_________________
“Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind.”
~ HDThoreau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
xXxHOUSEDxXx


Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Posts: 4951
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins82 wrote:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=397258&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
bringing FF prophecies since '07


This made me smile. Thank you, sir.

bennett23 wrote:
If someone has or makes a case and can demonstrate why the Clippers are "frauds", I'll read it.


I have a very legitimate reason as to why the Clippers are frauds, which is that Blake Griffin is merely an above average player going around disguised as a superstar. Blake Griffin is an elite athlete with marginal basketball ability. You'll clearly disagree with me, but that's my reasoning, which is that Blake Griffin is simply not a talented enough player to win anything other than the dunk contest.

Dolphins82 wrote:
bennett23 wrote:
He also made a thread proclaiming Jermaine O'Neal being the best offensive big man in the league after he was well past his prime. That's a hell of a prophecy.
That's not what he said. He was trying to say had the widest array of moves for a big man. [Though I'm still not sure about that] That's two very different things.


Thanks for clearing that up, Dolphins. 'ppreciate it brotha. Apparently this guy likes to twist my words.

RaiderX wrote:
Hilariously bad argument. They may not beat the Spurs or Thunder in the playoffs but they certainly are not frauds.


Yes, they certainly are frauds when people are speaking about them as if they have a legitimate shot at winning a championship. Are they a good team? Yes. Do they have a legitimate shot at winning a championship? Absolutely not.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
It may have been done in a trollish way, but it's a legit question. The Clippers do get mentioned as contenders a lot. I like what VDN has done with this team, but I don't trust him against teams that the Clippers simply can't out-talent.


Show we where there is an actual "question" in the OP:



Mainly this part.

Quote:
I'm sick of hearing commentators and analysts speak about them as if they're legitimate title contenders - they're not.


Laughing

Forgive me for continuing a rather useless portion of this conversation, but what you quoted looks like a statement, not a question Mossburg. But maybe my comprehension of the words "question" and "statement" are incorrect. I only brought it up because you posted "it's a legit question" during the conversation, when it's just an opinionated statement.

The proper way to open this thread would have been: "Does anyone else feel the Clippers are not legit title contenders this season?" Then give examples of why you feel that way.

#CarryOnGuys
#EndRant
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 45841
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Blake is developing a nice post game. People forget that Bigs take a while to develop. Even Timmy looked lost a ton of his games his rookie year.

To see Blake being a 20-10 guy and being this raw is remarkable. Like Charles said, Just wait till the game slows down for him. He has also improved his game on the defensive side.



Filthy bruh! I need to go do a sex test cuz I think I might have caught something watching that.
_________________


mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bennett23


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 7224
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
I have a very legitimate reason as to why the Clippers are frauds, which is that Blake Griffin is merely an above average player going around disguised as a superstar. Blake Griffin is an elite athlete with marginal basketball ability. You'll clearly disagree with me, but that's my reasoning, which is that Blake Griffin is simply not a talented enough player to win anything other than the dunk contest.

Your reasoning is nothing more than opinion. You bring nothing to the table to support your claim. Let's look at some of his career highlights not counting this season:
Quote:
NBA CAREER SUPERLATIVES: -All-NBA Second Team (2012).
-2010-11 T-Mobile Rookie of the Year.
-Western Conference All-Star (2011, 2012 - Starter).
-T-Mobile NBA All-Rookie First Team (2011).
-2011 Sprite Slam Dunk Champion.
-NBA Rookie Challenge Participant (2011, 2012).
-Named T-Mobile Rookie of the Month all six times during 2010-11 season.
-Named member of 2012 US Olympic Team but withdrew due to injury.
2011-12 (Clippers)
Finished season ranked 10th in NBA in points per game, 6th in rebounds per game, 7th in field goal percentage and 4th with 41 double-doubles ... Led NBA with 192 dunks ... Only player in NBA with over 20.0 points, 10.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game
One of two players in NBA (Dwight Howard) to average 20.0+ points, 10.5 rebounds and shoot 54% from field
PLAYOFFS: Led the Clippers in scoring (19.1 ppg) in 11 playoff games. Also registered averages of 6.9 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.82 steals in 35.7 minutes per game.


Feel free to bask in the overratedness of a player who can do nothing but dunk. I'm sure Jerry Colangelo and Team USA made Blake Griffin a part of the final roster simply based on his dunking ability as opposed to his ability as a player. If/when the Clippers fail during the playoffs, it's not going to be because Blake Griffin isn't good enough. That wasn't the case last season and it won't be the case this season either.

Dolphins82 wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up, Dolphins. 'ppreciate it brotha. Apparently this guy likes to twist my words.

I aplogize for misquoting you. Regardless, your topic was hilariously bad and laughed at by almost everyone who responded to your topic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bennett23


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 7224
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Yeah Blake is developing a nice post game. People forget that Bigs take a while to develop. Even Timmy looked lost a ton of his games his rookie year.

To see Blake being a 20-10 guy and being this raw is remarkable. Like Charles said, Just wait till the game slows down for him. He has also improved his game on the defensive side.

18th in defensive rating and 11th in defensive win shares. Yeah, much improved defensively. In his rookie year, he was basically David Lee defensively, it was pretty bad. He was a really lazy defender.

Unrelated, but the Pacers have three guys in the top 7 for defensive rating. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 43727
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
It may have been done in a trollish way, but it's a legit question. The Clippers do get mentioned as contenders a lot. I like what VDN has done with this team, but I don't trust him against teams that the Clippers simply can't out-talent.


Show we where there is an actual "question" in the OP:



Mainly this part.

Quote:
I'm sick of hearing commentators and analysts speak about them as if they're legitimate title contenders - they're not.


Laughing

Forgive me for continuing a rather useless portion of this conversation, but what you quoted looks like a statement, not a question Mossburg. But maybe my comprehension of the words "question" and "statement" are incorrect. I only brought it up because you posted "it's a legit question" during the conversation, when it's just an opinionated statement.

The proper way to open this thread would have been: "Does anyone else feel the Clippers are not legit title contenders this season?" Then give examples of why you feel that way.

#CarryOnGuys
#EndRant


Well, that was the whole point I made in my first post. I suppose no question was asked, but it is a legit question to raise. I suppose my wording wasn't most proper. But yea, I did say it was done in a trollish way. Laughing
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

EFF YOUR FANTASY TEAM, I HOPE YOU LOSE

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 45841
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bennett23 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Yeah Blake is developing a nice post game. People forget that Bigs take a while to develop. Even Timmy looked lost a ton of his games his rookie year.

To see Blake being a 20-10 guy and being this raw is remarkable. Like Charles said, Just wait till the game slows down for him. He has also improved his game on the defensive side.

18th in defensive rating and 11th in defensive win shares. Yeah, much improved defensively. In his rookie year, he was basically David Lee defensively, it was pretty bad. He was a really lazy defender.

Unrelated, but the Pacers have three guys in the top 7 for defensive rating. Shocked


That's all day. Paul leads the league in win shares, But as we saw from the Clippers game It's Hibbert that makes this defense elite. Clippers just killed us in the paint I was so mad that game Laughing
_________________


mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xXxHOUSEDxXx


Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Posts: 4951
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bennett23 wrote:
Your reasoning is nothing more than opinion.


Obviously. Throw all the stats, accolades and highlights you want at me, but I get to see Blake Griffin play regularly and he's simply not good enough to win it all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bennett23


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 7224
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
bennett23 wrote:
Your reasoning is nothing more than opinion.


Obviously. Throw all the stats, accolades and highlights you want at me, but I get to see Blake Griffin play regularly and he's simply not good enough to win it all.

Translation for, "I'm going to ignore everything in this thread, not provide any evidence, and just stick to my opinion." That's fine, next time just add that sentence to whatever thread you create.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 43727
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bennett23 wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
bennett23 wrote:
Your reasoning is nothing more than opinion.


Obviously. Throw all the stats, accolades and highlights you want at me, but I get to see Blake Griffin play regularly and he's simply not good enough to win it all.

Translation for, "I'm going to ignore everything in this thread, not provide any evidence, and just stick to my opinion." That's fine, next time just add that sentence to whatever thread you create.


But deep down inside you have to know though that VDN cannot take this team to the promiseland. The Clippers are so much more talented than the Spurs it's completely absurd if you think about it, yet they seem pretty much inferior as a team when you watch them play.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

EFF YOUR FANTASY TEAM, I HOPE YOU LOSE

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 5 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group