Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agents - Who do you want?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cash

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
We should look into Cullen Jenkins and Daunte Robinson.

Robinson is not an improvement based on his recent performances.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Cullen Jenkins old much older than Carriker and will get the same kind of $ from someone.

Daunta Robinson is nearly as bad as DHall in terms of getting lit up like a Christmas tree in coverage and he's on the wrong side of 30, that's why the falcons let him go. If we signed him and had Hall on the other side it'd be a TD every other play.

Lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, those of you who are Twitter-users and follow plugged-in front office/news types, here's a question for you to ask your peeps:

If the $18M penalty goes through, does that affect the calculations for the Redskins for the salary floor in the 2013-2016 period? In other words, if they are forced to spend no more than 87.8% of the cap this year, does that sort of force them to spend much tighter against the cap in 2014 through 2016?

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/2/17/3997314/nfl-salary-cap-2013-amount-salary-floor

Quote:
A) For each of the following four-League Year periods, 2013-2016 and 2017-2020, there shall be a guaranteed Minimum Team Cash Spending of 89% of the Salary Caps for such periods (e.g., if the Salary Caps for the 2013-16 and 2017-2020 are $100, 120, 130, and 150 million, respectively, each Club shall have a Minimum Team Cash Spending for that period of $445 million (89% of $500 million)).

B) Any shortfall in the Minimum Team Cash Spending at the end of a League Year in which it is applicable (i.e., the 2016 and 2020 League Years) shall be paid, on or before the next September 15, by the Team having such shortfall, directly to the players who were on such a Team's roster at any time during the applicable seasons, pursuant to the reasonable allocation instructions of the NFLPA.
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cash wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Was he that bad? and IDK its just him being a nickle and dime guy but in all fairness Brent Grimes was suppose to start but than got injured. I think Robinson an better upgrade than we can expect depending what he fits.
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Cullen Jenkins old much older than Carriker and will get the same kind of $ from someone.

Daunta Robinson is nearly as bad as DHall in terms of getting lit up like a Christmas tree in coverage and he's on the wrong side of 30, that's why the falcons let him go. If we signed him and had Hall on the other side it'd be a TD every other play.

Lol

It honestly depends because his price isnt even bad infact his contract was cheaper than that of Bowen who didnt even deserve his contract. With how the market is he would come cheaper and instantly upgrade our pass rush.

We might even save more money by letting Carriker go or Bowen (eithers fine but id rather keep Carriker) but yea Robinson might of not been that BAD! but i get what you mean. Hope to my self that i wont turn red.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Cash wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Was he that bad? and IDK its just him being a nickle and dime guy but in all fairness Brent Grimes was suppose to start but than got injured. I think Robinson an better upgrade than we can expect depending what he fits.
grimes was going to be a starter on the opposite side from Robinson. When Grimes was hurt, they made the trade for Asante Samuel.

I'd rather see more of the youth infusion than to sign a 31 year old cb who's lost a step ala Cedric Griffin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000147075/free-agency-primer-ranking-the-top-safeties/

Top safeties available. I tell ya what. I've hinted at this before,
People sleep on Glover Quin.

Quote:
Salary-cap implications prevented the Texans from slapping Quin with the tag. He could now be the most coveted safety on the market at age 27 with no major injuries on his record. ....

I doubt we can get him, but he'd be a huge upgrade. He has the ties to the texans organization and Shanahans pupil Kubiak.

We'll see what happens.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000146754/

Quote:
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport noted last week that safety Glover Quin is generating interest as an "underrated" free agent, who likely will have multiple suitors on the open market.

Cash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked Quinn a ton but never considered that we could afford him honestly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More on how poor DHall and Cedric Griffin are. This is from 2011, but its not like either were great last year:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/worst-cornerback-charting-stats-2011

Worst Cornerback Charting Stats 2011
by Aaron Schatz

Code:
Bottom 10 Cornerbacks in Success Rate, 2011

Tgts yd/pass Rk Success Rt RK avg pass Dist YAC RK
Cedric Griffin  MIN   59    10.2    76    39%    79    11.8    4.6    67
DeAngelo Hall WAS     86    9.7    72    41%    76    11.5    5.1    72

Quote:
Oh, hey, there's DeAngelo Hall. We knew he would show up somewhere around here. The Minnesota cornerbacks really were god awful in 2011, except for Antoine Winfield when he was healthy.

No reason is paying too much for poor performance. We could get cheaper players and get the same performance we got out of Hall and Griffin.

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I give up! Some people ignore facts and obviously do NOT watch the games!

I'm probably the biggest Doughty hater on this forum, but he performed well against the Seahawks. Good enough to start in 2013? No. Good enough to keep a spot on this team in 2013? Absolutely.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I'm probably the biggest Doughty hater on this forum, but he performed well against the Seahawks. Good enough to start in 2013? No. Good enough to keep a spot on this team in 2013? Absolutely.
im talking about Hall and Griffin. They don't pass the eye ball test, even from my 58 year old mother and every article you read about them over the past two years talks about horrible they are vs cheaper cbs around the league. Of they're back they could cost us 8-10 million against the cap and they're horrible!

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

im talking about Hall and Griffin. They don't pass the eye ball test, even from my 58 year old mother and every article you read about them over the past two years talks about horrible they are vs cheaper cbs around the league. Of they're back they could cost us 10 million against the cap and they're horrible!
They had some bad games last year but they aren't horrible. Hall needs to take a pay cut and probably will. I could care less about Griffin he's only been on the team a year let him walk.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

im talking about Hall and Griffin. They don't pass the eye ball test, even from my 58 year old mother and every article you read about them over the past two years talks about horrible they are vs cheaper cbs around the league. Of they're back they could cost us 10 million against the cap and they're horrible!

Oops. I thought you were talking about Doughty when you said that. Laughing I don't think Wilson's horrible, though. Wilson's mediocre play was probably influenced by the fact that the guy across from him couldn't cover to save his life. Griffin... eh. Let him go. We've got other options behind him.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

They had some bad games last year but they aren't horrible. Hall needs to take a pay cut and probably will. I could care less about Griffin he's only been on the team a year let him walk.
year after year Hall ranks as one of the worst cbs in the NFL. It's just a fact. I'm sure he'll stay but he's still going to get burnt like crazy
Dro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Winston just hit the market.. i would say hes my number 1 target.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: