Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CJ2K says he'll outrun AP in '13, sets sights on Dickerson..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
How is coming back from an ACL tear and a sports hernia irrelevant? This isn't madden, these are real human beings.

Any kind of injury should slow someone down. It should have a negative impact, and yet, Peterson beat the odds. He struggled early in the year, but then he really came on and NO ONE could stop him.

As for Johnson? I can't tell how many times I've laughed at how bad he plays. Go ahead and throw me all the excuses (oh he had bad QB play and a bad oline, so obviously thats why he wasn't good) But you know what? Peterson had the same problems, and it didn't slow him down.

I'm preaching to the convinced. There is nothing I can say that will change your mind. You think Chris Johnson is better than Adrian Peterson. You're in a community thats as big as a handful. Like I said, you guys go on and believe whatever you want.

I've seen both of them play. I didn't just look at bulk stats and make a conclusion from there. Perhaps the competition is closer than I think, but I still think Peterson is superior to CJ.2k

Come on now, man. Players return from these types of injuries all the time nowadays. It isnt beating the odds to come back and play well. The odds are actually in your favor now thanks to modern medicine and rehab.

I keep pointing it out, but Thomas Davis has shredded the same knee three times, has had season ending surgery on the same knee three times, and looked as good as ever. The whole injury thing is really a non story anymore. It's really just used for dramatic effect.

CK on the sig
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Adrian Peterson ✔ @AdrianPeterson

Quote:
Why would or should I care about what CJ has to say? Before you tweet what he's saying, ask yourself that question! MVPeterson

That sounded much more pompous than anything CJ said..

If CJ tweeted anything close to this (It'd have to be understandable first of all Laughing ), I think we all would know how it'd turn out. There would be whole thread all about it, talking about how cocky and arrogant CJ is.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14

Last edited by TitanSlim on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nzd07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people hate CJ2K so much? Pretty much every NFL player is cocky and thinks they are/will be the best.

Nothing to discuss here really.

Gurley to MN
albo23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:

Quote:
Why would or should I care about what CJ has to say? Before you tweet what he's saying, ask yourself that question! MVPeterson

Wow Adrian Peterson is an a-hole.
Malik

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
Why do people hate CJ2K so much? Pretty much every NFL player is cocky and thinks they are/will be the best.

Nothing to discuss here really.

Because he talks funny.
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Quote:

If CJ tweeted anything close to this (It'd have to be understandable first of all Laughing ), I think we all would know how it'd turn out. There would be whole thread all about it, talking about how cocky and arrogant CJ is.

Yeah, which I find to be tremendously funny.
rmk56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I support both RBs heavy and like both equally. But for all the hate CJ2K is getting, he is the only one who has re-written the record books. AP failed to break a record but CJ2K has....so if AP wants to post his MVP (MVPeterson), CJ2K can just say well "get an NFL record first and holla at me".

End of the day, both have joined a special group in the 2000+ yard club.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmk56 wrote:
I support both RBs heavy and like both equally. But for all the hate CJ2K is getting, he is the only one who has re-written the record books. AP failed to break a record but CJ2K has....so if AP wants to post his MVP (MVPeterson), CJ2K can just say well "get an NFL record first and holla at me".

Peterson has a few records
x0x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last season was arguably his best since 2k, but he's gonna be 28 and if he has any chance to do it again, it would be this season.

That said, his career is going to be over in a few years anyway.
rmk56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
rmk56 wrote:

Peterson has a few records

What his single game rushing record? That record is to Peterson wat CJ2Ks Offensive Player of Year award is to him. Just as APs MVP is to AP wat CJ2Ks single season (single season means alot more than single game) is to him.

They are pretty much even in this case if you ask me. The case being accolades.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
Last season was arguably his best since 2k, but he's gonna be 28 and if he has any chance to do it again, it would be this season.

Oh you can tell the future? Tell us more.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Quote:

Agreed.

I've always seen AP as a humble guy who gets along with most everyone, but I hope that his ego hasn't grown because of the season he had...

Maybe it just came out different than he actually meant it, but if the players had been switched, CJ would be thrown to the wolves for this comment.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
CJ4life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with APs response. Doesn't matter what anyone says about you, just prove it on the field.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
reckless123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Quote:

I agree with this. If CJ had said what AP just said then there would be outrage and people would be bashing his character.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:

Isn't that what we said week 14 of 2011, when Peterson buckled his knee to begin with? "Oh, this is a nightmare injury for a RB..." "It happned so late in the season, I can't see how he will be the same AP next year..." "This is the beginning of the end for the best RB in the NFL..."

17 games, 2,097 yards and an NFL MVP later? Well, um... Wink

Pep wrote:
Come on now, man. Players return from these types of injuries all the time nowadays. It isnt beating the odds to come back and play well. The odds are actually in your favor now thanks to modern medicine and rehab.

Now, I can concede to this, but have we ever seen anyone come back in THIS fashion? Prior to the injury, what were the things said about AP? Big, fast, freakish blend of athletic ability. This injury was supposed to slow him down, given how late in the season it happened as well as the nature of the position. Had he rushed for 1,000 yards, people would of called his return a success.

He went out and DOUBLED that number. He looked faster and stronger than prior years, when he was considered the fastest and strongest. How is that not impressive, even within context of the advances made in rehab?

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: