Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How do you feel about our Wide Receiver situation?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juron Criner's Twitter:

Quote:
Whats done in the dark will always come to light. Sumbody gotta go under the bus. #TheNation needs to know about this one

Quote:
#(expletive)JustGotRealRealRealQuick

Something or nothing? Laughing
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Juron Criner's Twitter:

Quote:
Whats done in the dark will always come to light. Sumbody gotta go under the bus. #TheNation needs to know about this one

Quote:

Probably something Rolando did. Laughing
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Juron Criner's Twitter:

Quote:

Quote:

Something. And I can't wait to find out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Juron Criner's Twitter:

Quote:

Quote:

Probably something Rolando did. Laughing

naw i think it might be bigger than that and no one cares about rolo.

id say its about a coach.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Blah, blah, blah. The WR's are fine. Give me a better OL and a solid running game and all this talk is moot. Rolling Eyes

It might take the attention away but it doesn't erase the fact they dropped numerous passes over the weeks. Id like to see Streater develop more and back on the outside. With a healthy Ford playing slot, Streater can run more deep routes.

There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with Streater last year. The guy is just a baby in the game and he played like a man on occasion. He ran good routes, he caught the ball, he scored and he quite simply played like our best WR at times. If he improves yearly he will be the guy that everyone talks about when they mention the Raiders.

Never said there was. He was playing in the slot the majority of the year. The guy has great hands but he is more of an outside threat. He made plays when he was lined up out wide. He could get a lil stronger because at times he had trouble getting pressed at the LOS. Got beat up a bit too but he's tough. The guy works extremely hard though and we heard about it before TC last year. Agree with last sentence.

All that being said, he sounds like a winner and a keeper to me. The things you mentioned can be said about every rookie WR.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Blah, blah, blah. The WR's are fine. Give me a better OL and a solid running game and all this talk is moot. Rolling Eyes

It might take the attention away but it doesn't erase the fact they dropped numerous passes over the weeks. Id like to see Streater develop more and back on the outside. With a healthy Ford playing slot, Streater can run more deep routes.

There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with Streater last year. The guy is just a baby in the game and he played like a man on occasion. He ran good routes, he caught the ball, he scored and he quite simply played like our best WR at times. If he improves yearly he will be the guy that everyone talks about when they mention the Raiders.

I remember feeling that way about Moore after 2011, and Ford after 2010. Really annoying trend.

So that automatically means there will be a problem in the 2nd year for our young rookies? Rolling Eyes

oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

I remember feeling that way about Moore after 2011, and Ford after 2010. Really annoying trend.

So that automatically means there will be a problem in the 2nd year for our young rookies? Rolling Eyes

No, it means we shouldn't get too excited about him yet. Moore had a much better rookie season and he was absolutely terrible throughout the 2nd half of last year.
For the record, i'm not giving up on Moore. I think his confidence was shot after a few bad drops. He needs to find his groove again.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

No it means that collectively our fanbase anoints players who flash talent too quickly and places too much priority on their contributions year, after year, after year, after year.

With the scheme changing, yet again, there is a real danger that Streater could regress and we could be having this same conversation over again because Streater's abilities don't transcend every scheme.

The Raiders DO have some good players but they don't have very many players that can transcend schemes and because there is a mix of players proper for different schemes some players thought to be ascending will regress this season. Lack of continuity is the reason the Raiders are constantly suffering from lack of quality depth.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Last edited by Baggabonez on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that. I think DHB could have been way more productive last season had there not been a scheme change. So I would have to say the same for Moore. However Moore and Streater dropped a ton of balls. Those 3 guys should have been doing one thing all off-season. Catching balls.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Juron Criner's Twitter:

Quote:

Quote:

Probably nothing. Dude babbles on about random things.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

It means some people need to learn from past mistakes at some point. If you put all your eggs in a basket made out of hopes and prayers, your eggs end up on the ground, busted.

The team needs a reliable receiver. Until someone actually proves himself to be that guy, the need is undeniable.
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Juron Criner's Twitter:

Quote:

Quote:

Probably nothing. Dude babbles on about random things.

I'm sifting through his tweets now. Not sure what to make of this kid. Maybe he's just simple.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

It means some people need to learn from past mistakes at some point. If you put all your eggs in a basket made out of hopes and prayers, your eggs end up on the ground, busted.

The team needs a reliable receiver. Until someone actually proves himself to be that guy, the need is undeniable.

And until Streater proves un-reliable, I will patiently await his maturation at the position.

No one is anointing him as the 2nd coming. The kid played well as a rookie and we will see how he does in his 2nd year.

RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure we could use a #1 WR, but the group we have is good enough for now. Bigger needs elsewhere especially on defense.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With such a small sample of games . . . what has Streater proven?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: