Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ed Reed to Visit Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if he has declined, he still would be really good with the front 7 houston has

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Saw that former college teammate Andre Johnson is recruiting him to Houston.

Then I realized that just about every NFL team probably has a player from those Miami teams Laughing

Reed did an impromptu interview with CSN Houston, said that if he was to get another ring, he would want to do so with:

1. Johnson
2. Reggie Wayne
3. Frank Gore

So, don't count out San Fran and Indy just yet. Indy has the money, San Fran has the money and the unit to get him that 2nd ring...so this one isn't a done deal just yet.

Word is that Reed stayed overnight in Houston, and had dinner with McNair, the Texans coaching staff, Jonathan Joseph, Kareem Jackson, Danieal Manning, Andre and C Chris Myers (another alumni from The U days). The Texans going full court press with this offer, but it remains to be seen whether or not the Texans have this one in the bag...

Another note: When asked about why he was on this trip and why Baltimore wasn't in the travel plans, he allued to "back room politics" that dictate his current course. Now, someone from the Ravens' contingency please correct me if I'm wrong...but wasn't Reed one of the guys who was part of the "mutiny" that created a stir during the Regular Season? The details as to that are still hazy on me...so remind me, if you will. I know it was something that was blown out of proportion by the media, but remind me what the media said to begin with...

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Sciz wrote:

Then I realized that just about every NFL team probably has a player from those Miami teams Laughing

Reed did an impromptu interview with CSN Houston, said that if he was to get another ring, he would want to do so with:

1. Johnson
2. Reggie Wayne
3. Frank Gore

So, don't count out San Fran and Indy just yet. Indy has the money, San Fran has the money and the unit to get him that 2nd ring...so this one isn't a done deal just yet.

Word is that Reed stayed overnight in Houston, and had dinner with McNair, the Texans coaching staff, Jonathan Joseph, Kareem Jackson, Danieal Manning, Andre and C Chris Myers (another alumni from The U days). The Texans going full court press with this offer, but it remains to be seen whether or not the Texans have this one in the bag...

Another note: When asked about why he was on this trip and why Baltimore wasn't in the travel plans, he allued to "back room politics" that dictate his current course. Now, someone from the Ravens' contingency please correct me if I'm wrong...but wasn't Reed one of the guys who was part of the "mutiny" that created a stir during the Regular Season? The details as to that are still hazy on me...so remind me, if you will. I know it was something that was blown out of proportion by the media, but remind me what the media said to begin with...

I hate you ET, dont never mention that station again! Laughing Crying or Very sad

Today is the day I expect something will happen.
Pancakes said the Texans were close to getting it done last night, but we had the rodeo, and Adrian Wilson of Ravens insider said that the deal could be similar to how Wes Welker is structured in terms of length. 2 years 12 million? I'll take it.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Sciz wrote:

1. Johnson
2. Reggie Wayne
3. Frank Gore

I hate you ET, dont never mention that station again! Laughing Crying or Very sad

Part of me want to mention it again, just so I can correct you for saying "dont never" in conversations. Double negatives are a BAD thing. #grammarpolice. Very Happy

Quote:
Today is the day I expect something will happen.
Pancakes said the Texans were close to getting it done last night, but we had the rodeo, and Adrian Wilson of Ravens insider said that the deal could be similar to how Wes Welker is structured in terms of length. 2 years 12 million? I'll take it.

That deal would be sweet, but I can see that as a sticking point from Reed's view. Does he want a two year deal? Does that point to a difference in the future of the team, or is that the date in which Reed plans on leaving the league for good?

My concern at this stage - if a deal DOESN'T get done, what are the backup options for the Texans? Michael Huff, perhaps?

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
anteros77

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently he's in New Orleans right now. Dunno if it's an official visit or just coming to see family.
tom cody

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a really good signing for Houston provided Reed stays healthy for a full season.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I feel like's trolling Baltimore to get more money, which makes sense because apparently he doesn't make enough money to afford some shaving cream and a razor!
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
At this point I feel like's trolling Baltimore to get more money, which makes sense because apparently he doesn't make enough money to afford some shaving cream and a razor!

Yes, I know I already posted this. As far as I am concerned, it has not been posted enough.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Yes, I know I already posted this. As far as I am concerned, it has not been posted enough.

DJANGO!

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I concur.

Signs pointing to him joining the chargers.

http://blog.koldcast.tv/2012/koldcast-news/the-top-seven-cities-for-homeless-living/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

DJANGO!

Kind of reminds me of chris partlow
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151430/article/baltimore-ravens-prepared-to-make-final-push-for-ed-reed

Quote:
The Baltimore Ravens' inactivity on the Ed Reed front seemed to speak volumes. There were reports of an amazing trip to Houston, and the Ravens looked out of the picture.

Apparently not.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome plans to sit down with Reed's agent, David Dunn, at the NFL Annual Meeting this week and make an offer to keep the future Hall of Fame safety. He believes Reed will make a decision this week.

"Four years ago, we went down this same road with Ray (Lewis)," Newsome told USA Today's Jarrett Bell. "Dave always does a very good job of keeping us in the loop. That doesn't mean Ed will come back, and it doesn't mean that he will leave."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: