Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams giving LT Jake Long a physical, signing to follow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheWarriorFins

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Emerica wrote:
Quote:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Jake Long and his wife have spent time in the Dolphins facility since returning home from St. Louis, I'm told, including today.

Does Jake even need to be there?

or his wife lol but I hope a deal gets done.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really been a fan of Bradford as our pick and nothing he's really done has changed my thinking but this is freaking ridiculous. How we've gone this man seasons without getting him any real kind of help is beyond me. They must not want him to succeed.

This is possibly a make or break season for him and he can make an impact if he's on his back the entire year.

RIP Robin Williams
sirensong

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
I've never really been a fan of Bradford as our pick and nothing he's really done has changed my thinking but this is freaking ridiculous. How we've gone this man seasons without getting him any real kind of help is beyond me. They must not want him to succeed.

This is possibly a make or break season for him and he can make an impact if he's on his back the entire year.

I'd be wary of how much I would expect Jake Long to impact things at this point. I know its only really one bad year, but Im not sure how much he has left especially in pass pro. Hes also 1 hit away from being done for long stretches of time.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:

I'd be wary of how much I would expect Jake Long to impact things at this point. I know its only really one bad year, but Im not sure how much he has left especially in pass pro. Hes also 1 hit away from being done for long stretches of time.

Depends, do the Rams run a power blocking scheme?

He was banged up last year and didn't really have the lateral movement to succeed with the Dolphins switching to the zone blocking scheme. If the Rams run the power blocking scheme Long excels at, I could see him being a huge improvement for Bradford's blindside.

Nacho Simulation Football League
TheWarriorFins

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:

not sure what you mean by this. Aren't most players like this? And the rams reported that he was completely healthy and no "red flags" I'd agree not to break the bank for him because imo the rams need some WRs and I say that in the least possible offensive way. I just think although I like the cook signing and he has a lot of potential (I wanted him) I feel like the rams are going on a risk by counting on a somewhat unproven player and taking away his best throwing option (amendola). The WR core isn't too pretty and for a QB in his 4th year I'd would try to bring him the most "weapons" possible because if he doesn't start proving he is indeed a franchise QB this year people will start questioning if he's really the answer and it will probably start being debated on here year after year lol
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:

I'd like to think Long can make more of a change to our horrible offensive line than a fresh rookie can. We can use that pick for more interior line help or, god forbid, a useful WR.

RIP Robin Williams
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:

1. Its been 2 years
2. They drafted Jason Smith #2 overall the year before drafting Bradford
3. They signed the "best" C available in Jason Brown then after he failed signed Packers C Scott Wells
4. They drafted Rodger Saffold the following year
5. Did you seriously want them to pass up the amazing deal with Washington just to draft Matt Kalil or Justin Blackmon #2?

Come on man
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:

1. Its been 2 years
3. They signed the "best" C available in Jason Brown then after he failed signed Packers C Scott Wells
5. Did you seriously want them to pass up the amazing deal with Washington just to draft Matt Kalil or Justin Blackmon #2?

Come on man
I was speaking about more then just O line smart alleck. We've had chances over the years to add more talent around him and have passed it up. He has no running game, no real protection, no real WR threats. With Amendola gone the only one he can really look to is Givens.

Getting Brandon Gibson and Laurent Robinson in small moves isn't doing much to get him any real help.

RIP Robin Williams
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:

1. Its been 2 years

Come on man
I was speaking about more then just O line smart alleck. We've had chances over the years to add more talent around him and have passed it up. He has no running game, no real protection, no real WR threats. With Amendola gone the only one he can really look to is Givens.

Getting Brandon Gibson and Laurent Robinson in small moves isn't doing much to get him any real help.

Even so. They drafted Brian Quick, he had Steven Jackson. What chances have u had to add talent? I know it would take an overpay for someone to want to to go to StLouis. Dont take that as an insult, i know thats how it is because i am a Lions fan.
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
I know it would take an overpay for someone to want to to go to StLouis. Dont take that as an insult, i know thats how it is because i am a Lions fan.
No offense taken here. I know that St. Louis isn't a desirable city and our football team has been a walking doormat for a decade+. Free agents like money, but they also like winning.

Basically, the Rams were stuck in a vortex of having to pay their high draft picks (who busted) excessive contracts, which lead to little cap room for anyone else, which lead to them having high draft picks, which lead to them having to pay those high draft picks excessive contracts...etc etc. I'm glad to see that it looks like they are on there way out of that now (at least for 1 season), so hopefully free agents start to want to play here.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: