Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *5 Rounds* pt. 1 w/comparisons &
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoosh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid mock for the Falcons. But I'm not as high on it as other Falcons fans seem to me. Reason being is I'm fairly confident Osi will be signed (or another DE) and if so I just can't see the Falcons drafting two defensive ends, especially when they're are still huge needs at NT, LB, and CB. I'd switch one of the DE picks to a NT and this would be a nice draft for Atlanta. JMO.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow

Ansah
Revis
Jenkins
Sanders
Kelce?

YES PLEASE!

great Bucs draft

#TradeUpForTeddy
Walshy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your 1st round pick for The Bears.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
steelers75

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: draft Reply with quote

if the draft went like you have it then for the steelers id go

1.cordarrelle patterson-wr
2.eddie lacy-rb
3.brandon williams-dt
4.trevardo williams-olb
5.tj mcdonald-fs
Nobody

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give us Sam Montgonery in the 4th and it's golden.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the other guy posted horrible draft for Cleveland. When we pass up the best DB in the draft for a 2nd round pick it should be the first 2nd not the 2nd, then in the 2nd you have us take a 5'9" DB, we already have one in Buster Skrine who runs a 4.3 40 Matheiu ran a 4.45 I think, didn't play last year and is already going to be put in the drug program. Your reasoning about Austin and needing a home run threat in the backfield who can catch, maybe you haven't heard of Trent Richardson who if I'm not mistaken led our team in receptions and is a home run waiting to happen. Our biggest needs are DB, S, OLB, and OG.

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the Colts drafting an OLB in the first round, but drafting a DE/DT and another OLB is over kill. The Colts need a WR and either a CB or G/C with the other 2 picks
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
So San Diego trades a near Top 10 pick for the 33rd overall selection and a two future picks neither of which is a future 1st?

I'll put this as nicely as I can... did someone hit you in the head hard with a blunt instrument lately? Future picks are valued at a round later in current drafts, so effectively the Chargers would be trading from down 22 spots for a 3rd and a 5th. Um... no.

Moreover, people need to get off the "WR is teh Chargerz biggest need!" craze. We could have had Megatron last season, it wouldn't have mattered, Rivers was (slowly) running for his life on virtually every pass play. He was among the top 3 most sacked QB's in the league last season. He's been sacked 117 times in the past 3 seasons combined. DeAndre Hopkins or any other receiver in this draft isn't going to solve that.

Meanwhile, our OL Coach Joe D'Alessandris was the guy putting Terron Armstead through his paces at his pro day, so if we do pass on OT in the 1st round or trade back, that's a pretty good indication that there is interest and are ties to Armstead as a selection.

Put frankly though, you bent the Chargers over a barrel and did them dirty in this mock.

That's BS.
Example - if you break down the ATL/CLE Julio Jones trade in 11' using the value chart and roughly estimating where a team giving up the picks can be expected to draft the next season-within 5 spots either way-the total value actually is almost exact.

Quote:
In exchange for getting the sixth pick,
Atlanta gave the Browns their 1st- (27th overall), second- (59th) and fourth-round (124th) picks this year and their first- and fourth-round picks in 2012.

ATL at 27 moving up to 6 = diff of 1080
future 1st = apprx 660 (28th)
current 2nd = 310 (59th)
current 4th = 48 (124)
future 4th = apprx 48 (124)

total = 1066

(in reality the future 1st ended up being 5 spots better at 22.
Bringing total to roughly 1186. Def still in the ballpark.
But I think you make that trade and give up those picks with the assumption that you'll be a better team or at least as good.)

Jacksonville Moving from 33 to 11 = diff of 670
future 2nd = apprx 530 (37)
future 4th = apprx 96 (101)
total = 626

Pretty close. Throw in 5th (40) and your basically there.

That's an interesting bit about possible interest in Armstead.
I watched them some last season and I actually thought OTs Harris and Haslem didn't look especially terrible given their inexperience. *shrugs*

But I figured they've invested in the oline some this off season and OG Warford is really a first round talent that might be available in the 2nd.
I think it's safe to assume McCoy plans on running the ball a lot more, maby solving the Rivers running for his life thing.

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
mlucas12002

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope your name isn't supposed to indicate that you're a Browns fan...because that is by far the worst draft ever for Cleveland. Reed is the only decent pick out of the whole thing.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not going to see two OGs selected in the top 10, let alone 5 offensive linemen selected in the first nine picks. That's just not going to happen.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
We're not going to see two OGs selected in the top 10, let alone 5 offensive linemen selected in the first nine picks. That's just not going to happen.

Fair enough. But positional value is different now with a new CBA.
I'll argue it's more about how teams grade a guy and their best fit.

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
green24

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see the Jets passing on Dion Jordan. The next two picks are reaches. Love Swearinger in the 4th. Would prefer Dobson in the 5th.
Rayvens52

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownLeader wrote:
Pruitt3443 wrote:
So the Browns need a CB and the best one falls to them and they trade down? That is possible if they get good value, which your trade does not do. If Milliner is sitting there they will not trade back unless they get much more than the Dolphins later 2nd round pick. This is a bad move that makes little sense.

Then you have them reach at a position which is not as much a need and pass on other players who either fill bigger needs and/or are better players in Ansah, Vaccaro, Lotulelei and Eifert? Again a failure in my opinion.

You further compound this mess by reaching up into the 2nd round with their newly acquired pick to take a guy who at best will maybe become a fair nickel back or kick returner and has all kinds of issues. No thanks.

Then in the 3rd round you have them pick an undersized TE over a few other players who are generally considered to be better than him at the same position in Ertz, Escobar and McDonald. Not sure what your thoughts were on this but again it looks like a bad pick.

In the 4th round much better picks than Wilson would be Swearinger, Brian Winters or Rambo. Not a fan of Wilson before the 5th round and do not view him as any more than a journeyman as a pro.

If we do not pick up a FS before this point then Williams is an okay choice although I would prefer we fill that spot earlier and with this pick you take a guy like Swope or maybe Dysert.

All in all, in my opinion your choices for the Browns are not very good, starting with the trade in the first round.

Appreciate your take but I need to post a rebuttal. There's a long list of recent players knocked strictly for their size that have gone on to become pro bowl and HOF players. Austin is a top ten talent and the best WR in this draft. He also possess the versatility of lining up as a change of pace RB and 3rd down back.

Chud did a great job of getting the ball to a similar type talent in Steve Smith. And I don't think Lombardi is as sold on the WRs as most fans are. Little is very questionable as a reliable WR and there is a need for a homerun hitting RB in the backfield that can also catch.

I disagree on Mathieu. I think he's more Brent Grimes or Antoine Winfield. After watching numerous interviews I'm sold on his character.

I do rate Reed higher then most. I think he's got special ability after the catch and will end up a bigger weapon then those others-especially in Chud offense.

And I'm sorry but I'm a huge fan of Wilson. Imo he's right up there with Geno as the best QB in this draft. And finally, Duke Williams is probably a longshot to still be available in the 5th, but as one of my fav prospects, I had him fall to us.
lol@ watching some interviews and being sold on his character.

Thanks to mike23md on the sig!
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayvens52 wrote:
lol@ watching some interviews and being sold on his character.

What's the best way to ascertain a person's character, that you don't know, then questioning them and those that know them?
This guy's issues and accomplishments have been all over and written about and talked about.

After watching and reading how he handled various tough interviews and hearing insight from some football analysts I respect, I'm willing to bet he won't repeat those mistakes again.

LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty good for the Cards although I like Warmack more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: