Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7 Rounder w/ 2 Rounds of Analysis.. Let's Hear It.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say this is probably the first mock draft I have seen on this forum, this year or past, where it seems like the outcome of a real draft. I am not going to comment on the Raiders picks as if I like em or don't like em. All I can say is that the outcome looks exactly like something draft day will bring. I.E. whoever they choose in the early rounds and a bunch of guys in the later rounds I have never really heard of. Which is exactly what the actual draft ends up being.

Short version. This mock draft just looks like a real draft. Good job on that.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped looking at the Jets picks when you had us taking Tavon Austin at 9.
Neutral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive. I'll have to finish reading it soon. There's a ton of great information. Do you plan on doing another version closer to the draft?

About the Chargers picks... I think your mock does a good job of showing why it was important for them to sign a veteran CB like Derek Cox to pair with Shareece Wright (not Gilchrist). CB is still a need. Cox has an injury history and there is little depth. But that signing transfers the need from round 1-2 to the middle rounds. That should free them to take an OLB early. They can let a rookie platoon with Jarret Johnson, focusing on a pass rushing role while developing his edge setting and coverage skills.
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to call Rhodes the bpa at #6. I've been down on him compared to most but 6 is rich.
Although a case could be made that he could play FS if it doesn't work at CB.

I'll grant you his best attribute is his press abilities but it seems like he's always getting injured, too often getting up slowly from routine plays. For his physical make up and attributes, he doesn't lock down guys like you would expect. He lays a lick from time to time in support but doesn't tackle well consistently or show physicality in getting off blocks.

He's demonstrated great straight line speed but doesn't have the cod to stay with quick footed WRs. If he doesn't win with the jam, he's in trouble.

Great ball skills but I just don't trust him. And certainly not at #6. Hurting his case that high, and Milliner too, imo, is that there are plenty of solid CBs thru the 2nd and 3rd round. To name a few with size-Jamar Taylor, Logan Ryan, Blidi Wreh, Robert Alford, Dwayne Gratz, Marc Anthony, all have some potential as solid press guys. And that's not counting a number of talented little guys, of which, Mathieu, I think has first round talent.

I fully understand the importance of a solid CB in Horton's scheme, which is why ultimately I think we'll sign Grimes very soon. And it interesting, that if size and press ability mattered so much in this scheme, that the Browns would be pursuing such a little guy to start across from Haden.

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta:
30. Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
60. Alex Okafor DE Texas
92. Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
128. Jelani Jenkins OLB Florida
132. Montori Hughes DT Tennessee Martin
163. Steve Williams CB California
202. JOrdan Mills OT Louisiana Tech
242. Mychal Rivera TE Alabama
252. Keith Pough OLB Howard

Im more than fine with the Falcons draft. Where as i agree on logan ryan not being a 1st rounder Okafer to me is so that makes up for it and im good with those 2 players early.

The rest of the draft hits on needs for good value and players i like. Hughes might not be a falcon based on his issues but i atleast like the kid talent wise and if all else fails we can replace him with another big 3-4 NT prospect at that spot not that big of a deal.

You are missing 2 falcons comp. picks though Wink Would like to get them added if you update it bro Razz
YooAdrian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible first pick for the Vikes.. Spielman, Frazier, Jennings, and even Cassel have all gone on record saying that this is Christians team and Cassel will be the primary backup. Taking Geno at 23 would go against everything this team has done in the offseason and while I agree that DT and WR need to be addressed early, we have a glaring hole at MLB and I will break my TV if the Vikings take a QB before a MLB on draft day.
2013 Adopt-A-Viking: LB Michael Mauti #56

Baseball: Yankees
Basketball: Knicks
Football: Vikings
Hockey: Rangers
NCAA Basketball: Cuse Orange
NCAA Football: THE Ohio State Buckeyes
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! You really think Wesley Woodyard is the Broncos' best LB? WOW! I think Von Miller would have something to say about that.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the Bengals Vaccaro, Bernard and Carridine in the first 2 rounds then Poyer and its a very solid draft. Add Jelani Jenkins in the 4th and I am crying myself to sleep with happiness

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
detroitroar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Lions draft filled with forced need picks but no value.

Cant imagine us passing on Milliner for Werner.

LOTS of better players in the 2nd than Jones; same thing in the 3rd.

Also, that 5th round comp pick is a 4th.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
ronjon09

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 7 Rounder w/ 2 Rounds of Analysis.. Let's Hear It. Reply with quote

Quote:
31. San Francisco: Matt Barkley QB USC
Last years 31st Overall Pick Doug Martin signed a 4 Years 6.787 M (5.471 M Guaranteed) deal. The 49ers select Barkley in Round 1, which per the term CBA allows a 4 Year Deal with a 5th Year option. For a team looking to land it's Franchise QB, this added year at an affordable cap figure is a bonus. The 49ers can Trade Barkley prior to the Drafts Conclusion. If no deal is brokered (Unlikely), the 49ers can sign him to a comparable deal to Doug Martin.

The 49ers will hold an auction for Barkley'vs Services. The goal will be to lock up a 2014 1st Rounder & potentially additional selections and/or picks. Barkley lacks the elite arm strength, but is experienced, accurate & a tremendous student of the game. 49ers would look at it this way- If we cannot get a 1st in 2014, we'll sign him to a 4 Year 6.785 M deal to be our backup. After one year in Harbaugh's system, his price tag in a trade could increase. Come to think of it, would a team give more in terms of picks after a year of development under Harbaugh's tutelage?

As evidenced by the Alex Smith trade & the glut of picks the team has in 2013, the 49ers envision themselves as operators in the Belichick New England mold. In this league, Quarterbacks are the ultimate commodities. With Kaepernick's 2013 Cap Figure 1.397 M, Barkley's at 31 would be roughly 1.6 M. So if a team isn't willing to pony up a 2014 1st Rounder, the contract isn't prohibitive to keeping both on the roster.

So, we waste our 1st hoping someone wants him at a ransom (considering the QB class of 14 looks alot better than this year's). ABSOLUTELY NOT! [/quote]

Harper41 wrote:
Your signature isn't doing anything but proving my point.

...see guys, being taken out of context is an aggravation. don't do it.Smile
broadwayjoe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Jets Reply with quote

You sure added alot of offense to the Jets lineup and you addressed the OLine later in the draft. I like no QB's for the Jets too. One difficulty they must get an OLB . if you take austin in 1st they may need to go away from RB or WR in the 2nd and draft the best OLB that is available. I believe there will be one or 2 left for them. Then go OL and RB , safety etc.
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. Oakland: Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

Nice write-up, though if we go with a tackle, I think I like Fisher more. Someone pointed out how often Joeckel gets beaten to the inside, and now having seen it myself, I can't help but worry about his downside as a LT. At least with Fisher, you know you're probably getting, at worst, a really good RT.

With Veldheer being a fringe All Pro, one could reasonably argue that moving him to RT and drafting a LT 3rd overall would be a waste.

Personally, I'd prefer to leave Veldheer at LT where he's really quite good and, if we draft a tackle in Rd1, grab one who can excel at RT.

Quote:
66. Oakland: Nick Williams DT Samford

I don't think I've seen anyone rate Nick Williams nearly this high. Way too early imo.

Would love to get Warford here. A mauling interior lineman would be just what the doctor ordered for our run game.

Wow. You have Jesse Williams, Escobar, and Vance McDonald available. I'd blow a gasket if all those guys were available at this pick. Jenkins and one of the other OLs would be great if Warford, Williams, and Escobar weren't available.

Quote:
101. Oakland: Sam Montgomery DE LSU

McKenzie is trying to rebuild the roster with hard workers. Montgomery isn't that type of players. No chance he becomes a Raider.

Quote:
138. Oakland: Dax Swanson CB Sam Houston State

This pick belongs to Seattle. Part of the Aaron Curry trade.

Quote:
166. Oakland (Compensatory): Michael Mauti ILB Penn State

I wish we had gotten a 5th round comp pick. Laughing

Quote:
176. Oakland: T.J. McDonald S USC

Hard to complain this late...but if Leveon Bell is somehow on the board here, we can't pass him up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: