Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lock 'er up, Sabo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Not sure if this is legit, but I certainly can believe it

Quote:
"The reason the SEC is talked about all the time is one team, because of their dominance. But I didn't come here to play Alabama. I came here to beat Alabama.

You can take Saban's record when he was at Michigan State and when he was a coach in the Big Ten and put it against mine, and he can't compare." - Bret Bielema

The troll is barking up the wrong tree, Saban will hang 60 or more on him.

Laughing Laughing that last part had me in stitches "put his record while he was in the B1G against mine and he can't compare"

BB really is just a tool.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:

Quote:
"The reason the SEC is talked about all the time is one team, because of their dominance. But I didn't come here to play Alabama. I came here to beat Alabama.

You can take Saban's record when he was at Michigan State and when he was a coach in the Big Ten and put it against mine, and he can't compare." - Bret Bielema

Saban will destroy him and it will be glorious.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
1King wrote:

Quote:

Laughing Laughing that last part had me in stitches "put his record while he was in the B1G against mine and he can't compare"

BB really is just a tool.
"Put my record in sarcataball against Saban's and it's not even a competition."

Meanwhile Saban's nose tackle has set out to eat BB whole - boobs and all.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Cali2Wisco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Jones has re-opened his commitment, would imagine that we'll be all over this guy

kiltman on the sig
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali2Wisco wrote:
Jeff Jones has re-opened his commitment, would imagine that we'll be all over this guy
Kind of - he's a soft committment to Minnesota (he always was, remember I said this one wasn't over when he committed in the first place). He visited Iowa State on March 30th and will make more visits as well.

The team to watch out for is ND (he'll camp there to try and get an offer), but UW could make a move as well.

Title Town USA wrote:
BadgerBoy001

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Cali2Wisco wrote:
Kind of - he's a soft committment to Minnesota (he always was, remember I said this one wasn't over when he committed in the first place). He visited Iowa State on March 30th and will make more visits as well.

The team to watch out for is ND (he'll camp there to try and get an offer), but UW could make a move as well.

Do you know which running back we are most likely to end with this year? Or is it all still up in the air?
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadgerBoy001 wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Cali2Wisco wrote:

Do you know which running back we are most likely to end with this year? Or is it all still up in the air?
I can take a guess.

Wisconsin has offered the following guys as RB:
Joe Mixon (their top target)
Christian McCaffrey
Johnathan Hilliman
Shai McKenzie
Nick Chubb
Sony Michael (Michael reports the offer, though I've never heard UW confirm)

I'd say those guys are the 'plan A' guys who they would go balls to the wall for. Mixon is getting the red carpet treatment in particular. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter though, we aren't likely to get any of them. Of those guys, the only one with a non-zero chance is Christian McCaffrey. UW is in his early top 5, but Stanford is the leader here and it'd be a substantial upset to see him end up anywhere else but there.

Then there are the plan 'AB' guys. Yeah, they aren't top targets, but they'd all be great gets.

Taiwan Deal
LJ Scott
Jeff Jones
Noah Brown

Of these, I think UW has a very good chance to land Brown. Jones is a possibility too, but remember that UW needs ND to not offer and to come after him harder, so there are a few more balls in the air so to speak. Deal and Scott are definitely interested (they are each visiting this week - more on that sometime soon), though I don't know where UW stands with each.

I think the 'best of the rest' are:
Justin Jackson
Vayonte Copeland (if he wants to play there, UW is recruiting him as a DB)
Chris James
Mikel Horton
CJ Hilliard

I think Jackson can definitely get an offer down the line, and if UW offers, I like our odds.

Right now, the guys I would give the Badgers the best chance with are Noah Brown and Justin Jackson. We'll see how many RBs UW takes, as they are operating like they are only going to take 1, but with a big class, they might end up with 2.

EDIT: Didn't explicitly state that the Plan AB guys all have offers and the 'best of the rest guys' don't as of yet.

Title Town USA wrote:

Last edited by ramssuperbowl99 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
1King

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Hilliman just named a top 10 yesterday and you guys were not in it.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Me wrote:
I'd say those guys are the 'plan A' guys who they would go balls to the wall for. Mixon is getting the red carpet treatment in particular. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter though, we aren't likely to get any of them. Of those guys, the only one with a non-zero chance is Christian McCaffrey.
Wink Wink

Thanks 1king. Good to know we're officially out of it.

You feel good about him ending up at Michigan?

Title Town USA wrote:
1King

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
1King wrote:
Me wrote:
I'd say those guys are the 'plan A' guys who they would go balls to the wall for. Mixon is getting the red carpet treatment in particular. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter though, we aren't likely to get any of them. Of those guys, the only one with a non-zero chance is Christian McCaffrey.
Wink Wink

I have no idea how we will fill our RB spot right now. We are currently #2 for Hilliman (OSU is #1), but until he actually visits, I'm not sure what to think. We are also after Mixon, McCaffrey (though possibly as a slot WR) and McKenzie, but I'm not sure exactly with them either. We are in the top 15 of both Mixon and McKenzie, but I think Mixon stays out west and not sure about McKenzie. I would guess we would be in McCaffrey's top 5, but like you, I think he ends up at Stanford.

EDIT: Not sure if you know this, but Jamarco Jones plans on cutting down to 8-10 schools in May and making a decision in late July or early August.

El ramster wrote:

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
1King wrote:
Me wrote:
Wink Wink

I have no idea how we will fill our RB spot right now. We are currently #2 for Hilliman (OSU is #1), but until he actually visits, I'm not sure what to think. We are also after Mixon, McCaffrey (though possibly as a slot WR) and McKenzie, but I'm not sure exactly with them either. We are in the top 15 of both Mixon and McKenzie, but I think Mixon stays out west and not sure about McKenzie. I would guess we would be in McCaffrey's top 5, but like you, I think he ends up at Stanford.

EDIT: Not sure if you know this, but Jamarco Jones plans on cutting down to 8-10 schools in May and making a decision in late July or early August.
McCaffrey wants to play RB I believe, so you might have to come around on that to get him. I do know he mentioned that he wants to visit UW and UM this summer. We'll see if he holds off a Stanford pledge long enough to make it out.

And the Jones news is disappointing. He's gonna end up at OSU then.

Title Town USA wrote:
1King

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
1King wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
1King wrote:
Me wrote:
Wink Wink

McCaffrey wants to play RB I believe, so you might have to come around on that to get him. I do know he mentioned that he wants to visit UW and UM this summer. We'll see if he holds off a Stanford pledge long enough to make it out.

RE: Jones, yeah most likely. Who else are you guys targeting on the OL?

El ramster wrote:

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
1King wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
1King wrote:
Me wrote:
Wink Wink

RE: Jones, yeah most likely. Who else are you guys targeting on the OL?
We've got some 'shoot the moon' offers out now.

I expect we end up with Panos, Sheehy, Frank Ragnow, a Nick Richardson type, and someone else like that. Too early to know right now though.

Title Town USA wrote:
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow I would say the most striking recruiting development for UW happened after Gaelin Elmore's visit to Nebraska, so we can lead with that. Elmore named Nebraksa his new leader after visiting. Before you panic, remember that it's really early, and I don't think this is bad news by any means for the Badgers.

I've think I've said this a bunch, but honestly Elmore just wants to be a priority for the Badgers. Minnesota laid it on thick for him and made him one of their top overall priorities, and Elmore responded. However, Gaelin won't end up a Gopher at the end of the day because he knows the program isn't going to win moving forward.

So, why Nebraksa? Well the Huskers rolled out the red carpet for him. He got extended time with their TE coach and Bo Pelini. He got an extended tour of campus and the academics. When he was at Madison, he was here as 1 of the 'Super Six' and didn't get that one-on-one love.

Fortunately for the Badgers, Elmore is likely going to visit Madison a bunch more, including a potential visit for the Spring Game on April 20th. In order to win this, Wisconsin is going to have to work, give Elmore the impression he's wanted (and he is, by the way) and get him more familiar with the coaching staff. It hasn't helped Wisconsin at all that Jay Bouleware left and Jeff Genyk is just getting settled in. Once UW gets some stability at the TE coaching spot, I think we'll end up getting his signature. On other X-factor in this recruitment is Bo Pelini being on the hot seat at Nebraska. If he's fired, UW gets a big boost.

Arrow Craig Evans will be visiting UW this weekend. Be on commit watch, in fact, I'll go ahead and put the odds of a commitment at about 80%.

If he doesn't commit on April 6th during his visit, he'll commit on April 20th when he visits for the Spring Game.

Arrow Troy Vincent Jr. will be visiting for the spring game. This is big news, as he didn't have any visits scheduled and hadn't been to UW in a while. I don't think we should necessarily be on commit watch (though I'm not going to rule it out), because Vincent wants to visit pretty much every major school who has offered him. That said, UW could take a commanding position in his recruitment early if they make an impression.

Arrow Meanwhile, Vincent's former teammate Miles Taylor is continuing to hear from Wisconsin. Beatty isn't giving up on the 3* Georgia Tech commit. Unfortunately, because Taylor is committed, his recruitment has kind of turned into a giant game of chicken. Taylor will say all day that he's solid to Tech, but he's not. If UW offers, they likely flip him.

So what's the problem? Well since he's committed, UW won't offer him until he shows legitimate interest (aka - is willing to make a visit). Taylor, meanwhile, isn't going to visit without an offer. We'll see who, if anyone, backs down.

Arrow UW shot the moon with another 2015 RB offer - Jacques Patrick. UW is Patrick's 32nd offer already, and we're coming in behind UF, FSU, Bama, OSU, etc. etc.

Maybe we get a visit if he decides to do a tour of the Midwest, but I doubt it.

Arrow Continuing with the 'won't happen' theme, 5* DE Nifae Lelao has UW around his top 8, but well behind Stanford, which is where he'll end up. The odds of a visit are slim, but possible here. We may finish in his top 5.

Arrow This weekend looks to be a nice in-state week for UW in terms of visits. I've already mentioned Craig Evans, but in addition to him we'll get visits from the following guys:
Billy Hirschfeld, DE, WI
Marcus Collins, WR, WI (walk-on candidate)
Daurice Fountain, WR/DB, WI (walk-on candidate)
Mark Gajewski, LB, WI (walk-on candidate)
Mark Barwick, OH, DT
Kyron Watson, East St. Louis IL, LB
Bryce Butenhof, OG, WI (walk-on candidate)
Sione Palelei, RB, LA (Louisiana - seriously)
Sam Seonbuchner, LB, WI (walk-on candidate)
Dominic Cizauskas, LB, WI
Ricky Neal Jr., DT QB, WI (walk-on candidate)

Arrow UW will have a total of 3 visitors this work week.

2/3* IL WR/TE Brannon Barry visited on Tuesday.
3* MD RB Taiwan Deal will visit today.
3* OH RB LJ Scott will visit on Friday.

Deal and Scott were each recently offered by the Badgers. Barry is a walk-on target.

Arrow Deal's DeMatha teammate 3* WR Chris Jones also recently picked up a Badger offer. Jones is going to visit at some point. Wisconsin got in on him early enough, as Jones has offers from Maryland, Temple, Toledo and UConn, but is receiving interest from plenty of blue bloods including Michigan, Bama, Oregon, FSU, UVA, VTech, UNC, and others.

Arrow To completely contradict what I said yesterday, UW is going to take 2 RBs in this cycle. They want one guy with speed and one guy with power, and you can clearly see that if you look at their offers out to HBs.

Among the 'speed' guys, I'd watch out for Noah Brown. The 4* ATH likely has the Badgers out front. Other options here include Christian McCaffrey (offered), Justin Jackson (not offered), and CJ Hilliard (not offered).

The 'power' guys haven't gotten as much attention, so I'll go into more depth here.

At the top of the board sits Gerald Owens, who has been in contact with the Badgers since the previous staff offered him. Owens' offer is still good and Thomas Hammock has been selling the 6'2", 240 pound (seriously, he's a big boy) RB on being the next Ron Dayne. Originally, Owens was having concerns about distance, and Rutgers seemed like a good bet to land him. As he's gotten more offers from programs like Texas and MSU, he's become more and more open to leaving the northeast (he hails from New Jersey). While Owens hasn't visited UW yet, the work Hammock has put in has paid off - UW has a slight lead for Owens over Michigan State. This could change after Owens' visit to MSU this week, as he's going to get the red carpet rolled out for him and compared to Le'Veon Bell all weekend. But if UW can get him on campus, they could seal the deal. As is the case with any prospect as good as Owens, he's getting interest from everyone. A Michigan, OSU, or other school like that could make a big impact if they offer.

Beyond that, the two visits this week, Taiwan Deal and LJ Scott are really next on the board. I would expect 1 of these 3 to ultimately end up a Badger, as both of them are really high on Wisconsin (we may even lead prior to the visit for Scott).

Arrow UW is committed to going all-out to land Kyle Allen, and have no plans to offer any other QBs soon. They are maintaining contact with some other guys (listed below), but right now it's Allen as Plan A, B, and C. Allen hasn't narrowed his list down, but if he had to make a top 5, I don't think Wisconsin makes it. That said, the Badgers still like their odds. Allen will visit schools this summer, and I would expect Wisconsin to get a visit.

Other QBs to watch out for:
Richardo Johnson, MN, 3*
Sean McGuire, WI, 3*
Adam Bertke, OH, 4* (could definitely see us landing him)
Manny Wilkins, CA, 4*

Personally, I don't like the strategy and think UW should go after Wilkins, Bertke, and a few other guys while still letting Allen know he's number 1. That said, Austin K. seems like a good bet to end up a Badger in 2015, so if UW really thinks he's theirs, they may be more selective.

Arrow On to the offensive line, and I'll just talk about the group as a whole like the QBs and RBs.

We've got 2 commits right now and plan to take 5 guys total, so there are 3 more spots open. Jaden Gault is the most solid player - he's 100% done with recruiting and will be a Badger. Offers have continued to pour in for George Panos, since UW offered him and he committed (on the spot), Panos has gotten offers from Minnesota, Pitt, Nebraska, Arkansas, NC State, and now FSU. The FSU offer will likely prompt him to visit, but there's nothing to worry about, the odds of Panos going anywhere but Wisconsin are virtually 0.

So what about the other 3 spots?

Well, UW has handed out offers to the following guys so far:
Jamarco Jones
Jermaine Eluemunor
Kendall Baker
Quentin Nelson
KC McDermott (Miami commit)
Ross Pierschbacher (Iowa commit)
Mason Cole (Michigan commit)
Brian Allen

Quite frankly, the odds of landing any of these guys are slim-to-none. Quentin Nelson has OSU out front and no plans to visit. Jermaine Eluemunor will likely come down to OSU and Alabama. Kendall Baker has virtually no interest in UW (he's a Georgia offer with tons of options).

So what about Jamarco Jones? Well he's visiting Wisconsin next Monday, and I expect the Badgers to give him their best sales pitch. Jaden Gault has already confirmed he'll visit along with Jones to try and sign him up. As I've said all along, for UW to land Jones they needed OSU, ND, and likely Michigan to fill up with OL spots. That was possible as long as Jones held out to NSD to make a decision, but because he has accelerated his timeframe to an August/September decision, what was a long shot just got longer. Expect Jones to be a Buckeye, sadly enough.

The last one here is Brian Allen. UW is still in the running for this one, but we're fading. Allen recently visited Ole Miss and Florida, where he got the royal treatment. As I said earlier, UW isn't sure Allen is tall enough to fit into their scheme. While he still has an offer and UW wants him, unfortunately Allen did get some of the vibe that the fit might not be as good as he presumed it to be. MSU still leads, but it's more by default than anything else and Allen is more and more wide open.

Okay, enough depressing news. Wisconsin still has plenty of other nice lineman targets that they will be serious players for. Right away, the state of Ohio is going to be a great area, as when/if Jones, JE, and Nelson commit to the Buckeyes, they will be out of lineman spots and will not offer any of the other in-state guys. Of those 2, I think 3 really stand out:
4* OG/OT Nethanial Devers
4* OG/OT Nick Richardson
3* OG Colt Pettit

The top target for UW is likely to be Richardson, who has MSU, UK, ILL, and Ole Miss offers and is fielding interest from everybody. UW will likely want Richardson on the interior of the line (RG or even C), and an offer should come fairly soon.

Devers is number 2 on the board and only has offers from Bowling Green and Toledo right now. UW could make a huge move with an early offer, as Devers is getting interest from all the usual suspects including the whole B1G, ND, Stanford, USCe, Bama, and Florida. I don't see too many powers offering though, so a UW offer would be commanding.

The only guy I'd feel comfortable projecting is Frank Ragnow. You've heard alot about the 3* MN OT from me recently, but the short of it is that Ragnow will be offered at the spring game and UW will be in a commanding position unless ND shakes things up.

Another guy UW will really try and target at the OT spot is 4* OT Andrew Mike. Mike has offers from Aironza, Washington, Cal, PSU, Utah, ASU, and BYU right now and has Arizona and Stanford out front. That said, he's aware of UW's OL tradition and education, so a UW offer would make them a major player.

At this point, I'd be willing to guess that UW gets 5 OL, 3 of which rate 4* and 2 of which are high 3*. 4 4* OL and Frank Ragnow isn't out of the question though.

Title Town USA wrote:
zelbell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^Bertke goes to a school about an hour away from my hometown and his games are on all the time, very good size and I think he can be a very good college QB if he gets some time

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: well this is awkward

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 77 of 99

Jump to: