Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your Dream Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NorthCountryEvo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Crapghanistan
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if Ogletree falls to us at 23, you have to snag him despite his off the field issues. Otherwise go for best WR available at 23, which I believe will be Keenan Allen.

If we keep our pick at 25 and didn't get Ogletree I can see Arthur Brown being taken by us, but if we drop back and swap with SF like many have suggested, which I would be all for, and Brown isn't available, I'd go with Kevin Minter, who I have almost evenly rated with Brown. Won't be surprised if we see Te'o taken with this pick either.

We could take a DT or CB with 25/31 dependent on a trade as well, and at this point I could see us trying to move up in the 2nd round to take Te'o, since he still seems to be garnering heavy interest from the vikes, especially on their webpage.

For me i'd like to see either:

1A. Ogletree
1B. Allen
2. Sly Williams or Johnathan Hankins
3. CB or WR
OR

1A. Allen
1B. Trade down with SF to 31- Kevin Minter
2. Sly Williams or Johnathan Hankins
3. CB or WR

Also, i'm not too hot on Hopkins, at least not in the 1st round with any of our round 1 picks. I really really like Justin Hunter, and if there was a WR run in the 1st Round, he's be my next guy in line for the WR spot. I see Hunter being taken early 2nd by someone if not sooner.
_________________


"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikesfan


Joined: 06 Apr 2008
Posts: 891
Location: Montevideo, MN
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:
I think if Ogletree falls to us at 23, you have to snag him despite his off the field issues. Otherwise go for best WR available at 23, which I believe will be Keenan Allen.

If we keep our pick at 25 and didn't get Ogletree I can see Arthur Brown being taken by us, but if we drop back and swap with SF like many have suggested, which I would be all for, and Brown isn't available, I'd go with Kevin Minter, who I have almost evenly rated with Brown. Won't be surprised if we see Te'o taken with this pick either.

We could take a DT or CB with 25/31 dependent on a trade as well, and at this point I could see us trying to move up in the 2nd round to take Te'o, since he still seems to be garnering heavy interest from the vikes, especially on their webpage.

For me i'd like to see either:

1A. Ogletree
1B. Allen
2. Sly Williams or Johnathan Hankins
3. CB or WR
OR

1A. Allen
1B. Trade down with SF to 31- Kevin Minter
2. Sly Williams or Johnathan Hankins
3. CB or WR

Also, i'm not too hot on Hopkins, at least not in the 1st round with any of our round 1 picks. I really really like Justin Hunter, and if there was a WR run in the 1st Round, he's be my next guy in line for the WR spot. I see Hunter being taken early 2nd by someone if not sooner.

Really not sold on Hunter or Ogletree in the first. Put aside Alec's off the field issues and there's still too many question marks about his game. Hunter has a ton to prove on the field as well. I wouldn't be a fan of either unless we could get them in the second.
_________________

**Daboyle on the Sig**
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 15158
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Desmond Trufant - CB
1) Manti Te'o - MLB
2) Jonathan Jenkins - DT
3) Marcus Wheaton - WR

BPA after that.
_________________


Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
usdvikes


Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 2079
Location: SoDak
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

23. Arthur Brown LB
25. Deandre Hopkins WR
52. Sylvester Williams DT
83. Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB
102. Barrett Jones C/G
120. Shamarko Thomas S
155. Sanders Commings S/Cb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purple blood


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 414
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seen this in a draft forum and loved it had to share it plus im a nebraska fan so getting martin with the last pick is a plus
Round: 1 - Pick: 23 - Minnesota Vikings *Keenan Allen (injured), WR - California
Round: 1 - Pick: 25 - Minnesota Vikings *Alec Ogletree, ILB - Georgia
Round: 2 - Pick: 20 - Minnesota Vikings *Eric Reid, FS - LSU
Round: 3 - Pick: 21 - Minnesota Vikings *Da'Rick Rogers, WR - Tennessee Tech
Round: 4 - Pick: 5 - Minnesota Vikings Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB - Connecticut
Round: 4 - Pick: 23 - Minnesota Vikings *Kenny Stills, WR - Oklahoma
Round: 5 - Pick: 22 - Minnesota Vikings Matt Scott, QB - Arizona
Round: 6 - Pick: 21 - Minnesota Vikings Braden Brown, OT - Brigham Young
Round: 7 - Pick: 7 - Minnesota Vikings Miguel Maysonet, RB - Stony Brook
Round: 7 - Pick: 8 - Minnesota Vikings Sam Brenner, OG - Utah
Round: 7 - Pick: 23 - Minnesota Vikings Eric Martin, OLB - Nebraska
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 25415
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the heck did Blidi fall to the 4th Shocked
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robbroy45


Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Posts: 3471
Location: SUNY Fredonia
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1a. Star Lotulelei
1b. Jarvis Jones
2. Shariff Floyd
3. Chance Warmack
4a. Jonathon Cooper
4b. Cordarrelle Patterson
5. Kenny Vaccaro
6. Dee Milliner
7a. Arthur Brown
7b. Geno Smith
7c. Traded for a 2014 1st

I can dream big...ok, I'll be serious now...

1a. Keenan Allen, WR, California
1b. Arthur Brown, MLB, Kansas State
2. Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
3. Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern
4a. Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State
4b. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
5. Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon
6. Quanterus Smith, DE, Wesern Kentucky
7a. Sean Renfree, QB, Duke
7b. Jeff Braun, OT, West Virginia
7c. Traded for a 2014 6th
_________________


Heimdallr wrote:
Watching the game with two pcers fans.

Beer s good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joru1000


Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 2563
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
1) Desmond Trufant - CB
1) Manti Te'o - MLB
2) Jonathan Jenkins - DT
3) Marcus Wheaton - WR

BPA after that.


this draft would make me sick to my stomach
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48112
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
1) Desmond Trufant - CB
1) Manti Te'o - MLB
2) Jonathan Jenkins - DT
3) Marcus Wheaton - WR

BPA after that.


this draft would make me sick to my stomach


Wheaton would be a great pick in round 3, though I dont think any one of Trufant, Te'o, or Jenkins are good fits for the vikings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PrplChilPill


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 9163
Location: SLP, MN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbroy45 wrote:
1a. Star Lotulelei
1b. Jarvis Jones
2. Shariff Floyd
3. Chance Warmack
4a. Jonathon Cooper
4b. Cordarrelle Patterson
5. Kenny Vaccaro
6. Dee Milliner
7a. Arthur Brown
7b. Geno Smith
7c. Traded for a 2014 1st

I can dream big...ok, I'll be serious now...

1a. Keenan Allen, WR, California
1b. Arthur Brown, MLB, Kansas State
2. Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
3. Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern
4a. Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State
4b. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
5. Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon
6. Quanterus Smith, DE, Wesern Kentucky
7a. Sean Renfree, QB, Duke
7b. Jeff Braun, OT, West Virginia
7c. Traded for a 2014 6th


Not sure I can do better than this, frankly.
_________________
Wins are a team stat, not a QB stat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 3996
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any chance you guys fall in love with someone at the top of the draft and trade up for him? Not 100% sure what your guys needs are but I would guess something like DL, WR, and LB.

Would you be apposed to trading both your 1st for a top 10 selection?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48112
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Is there any chance you guys fall in love with someone at the top of the draft and trade up for him? Not 100% sure what your guys needs are but I would guess something like DL, WR, and LB.

Would you be apposed to trading both your 1st for a top 10 selection?


Name a player in the top 10 that would be worth trading two first round picks for. From the Vikings perspective, not the Bills Wink

You cant, this draft is lousy at the top. Especially at WR and MLB, the Vikings two biggest needs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74574
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you trade up to 12 or 13 for Xavier Rhodes...?
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48112
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
would you trade up to 12 or 13 for Xavier Rhodes...?


That would surely cost the Vikings a 1st, 2nd and 4th rd pick, I dont think a CB would be worth that for a zone heavy scheme like MN implements.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil Uno


Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 7880
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The farthest I see us trading up is to 17. Ahead of Dallas and New York if Sheldon Richardson were to fall. Otherwise, as others have stated, there isn't a player worth going that high for.
_________________

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group