Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins sign CB DeAngelo Hall to a 1-year, $2.25M deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slateman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
So far, it seems our secondary will look exactly like it did last year. Sad Well I'm not surprised we brought him back. It's certainly an affordable deal, and I guess that's a good thing.

Just goes to show you that Hall was not a wanted commodity around the league if all he could find was a one year 2.25 million dollar deal which is less than the deal that Cedric Griffin got last year.

But if Orakpo is really the great pass rusher you say, it shouldn't matter.

Our secondary played well down the stretch. With the addition of a rookie FS, it'll be fine.

I just want to know what the cap looks like with Davis and Hall re-signing.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
So far, it seems our secondary will look exactly like it did last year. Sad Well I'm not surprised we brought him back. It's certainly an affordable deal, and I guess that's a good thing.

Just goes to show you that Hall was not a wanted commodity around the league if all he could find was a one year 2.25 million dollar deal which is less than the deal that Cedric Griffin got last year.

Our secondary played well down the stretch. With the addition of a rookie FS, it'll be fine.

well it's true a pass rush will always make up for poor secondary play. If Orakpo is healthy, our entire defense will be better for sure. Still, I really, really, really didn't want see Hall back in a redskins uniform for millions of reasons. At least we got him at a deal that's cheaper than Cedric Griffin's was last year though, that's good.

Also, our secondary will be better with Madieu Williams NOT back there but I wouldn't expect a rookie FS at the 51st pick to come in and light the world on fire. He isn't going to instantly make our defense better and of course he will make rookie mistakes. The way things are shaping up, our secondary is going to be very similar to last years and be the weakest link of our team. Hopefully, we can get Antoine Winfield or preferably use our remaining $ on signing an upgrade at FS. There are still some guys out there at FS who would come in and really upgrade that position.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

well it's true a pass rush will always make up for poor secondary play. If Orakpo is healthy, our entire defense will be better for sure. Still, I really, really, really didn't want see Hall back in a redskins uniform for millions of reasons. At least we got him at a deal that's cheaper than Cedric Griffin's was last year though, that's good.

Also, our secondary will be better with Madieu Williams NOT back there but I wouldn't expect a rookie FS at the 51st pick to come in and light the world on fire. He isn't going to instantly make our defense better and of course he will make rookie mistakes. The way things are shaping up, our secondary is going to be very similar to last years and be the weakest link of our team. Hopefully, we can get Antoine Winfield or preferably use our remaining $ on signing an upgrade at FS. There are still some guys out there at FS who would come in and really upgrade that position.

Well I also feel as though our salary for the rookies has already been put aside. And considering that most of these salaries are going to be low costing, that some may not even count towards the rule of 51.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually started laughing when I heard this news. Like, hard. Why? I'm not sure. Probably because of the contract compared to how much he was getting. Laughing Honestly, I don't love it, but I don't hate it. Similar to the Davis deal. Regardless, I would still hope we draft 1 or 2 CBs in the draft in addition to a FS.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Whooooooo! My jersey is relevant!

I love that this is why you like the signing! Made me laugh at work!

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

I pretty much said the same thing when we resigned Chris Cooley. Laughing Speaking of him, is he a free agent or still on the team?
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
skinsfanLA wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

I pretty much said the same thing when we resigned Chris Cooley. Laughing Speaking of him, is he a free agent or still on the team?

He's a free agent -- and I'll be totally shocked if he's on an NFL roster --ever again. He's done .
HTTR21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the contrary, Tracy Porter signed a 2.5 million dollar deal with Oakland. I'd rather have him honestly.

<Props to Rase for the Awesome sig>
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTR21 wrote:
On the contrary, Tracy Porter signed a 2.5 million dollar deal with Oakland. I'd rather have him honestly.
same here, but don't worry DHall will solve all our problems. Laughing Rolling Eyes

One thing is that Hall does stay healthy though and Porter doesn't, of course it doesn't matter if you're healthy or not when you're getting burned most of the game! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D Hall is better than you guys give him credit!
Since 2009 he is 5th in the league in INTs with 17. 1 behind Ed Reed and Jarius Byrd. 2 behind Charles Woodson.
Sure he gave up alot of yards last year, but he had no help over the top. I think it was a huge adjustment for him playing without a FS, and he responded well as the year went on. His completion % went form 70% in the first half to 61% the second half. 60% completion % is not great, but it does show improvement!!!!!!
He was our best defender in our biggest games last year. Sure we all remember the Dallas game, but he only gave up one pass for 5 yards in the Seattle playoff game.
If we are able to get Wilson and Dhall some help over the top and establish a better pass rush, I think are our secondary will be much improved. I still got my fingers crossed for an upgrade to Biggers!!!! That dude makes me very nervous!!!!!!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Since 2009 he is 5th in the league in INTs with 17. 1 behind Ed Reed and Jarius Byrd. 2 behind Charles Woodson.
Sure he gave up alot of yards last year, but he had no help over the top. I think it was a huge adjustment for him playing without a FS, and he responded well as the year went on. His completion % went form 70% in the first half to 61% the second half. 60% completion % is not great, but it does show improvement!!!!!!
He was our best defender in our biggest games last year. Sure we all remember the Dallas game, but he only gave up one pass for 5 yards in the Seattle playoff game.
If we are able to get Wilson and Dhall some help over the top and establish a better pass rush, I think are our secondary will be much improved. I still got my fingers crossed for an upgrade to Biggers!!!! That dude makes me very nervous!!!!!!!!!
hall always gives up a ton of yards and receptions to opposing receivers. It's not a new thing. It's why he was cut from Oakland mid season.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
hall always gives up a ton of yards and receptions to opposing receivers. It's not a new thing. It's why he was cut from Oakland mid season.

You just poo poo him because you dont like him. 2 years ago with a lil safty help he made the probowl. I expect him to prove you wrong....More crow for u!!!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

You just poo poo him because you dont like him. 2 years ago with a lil safty help he made the probowl. I expect him to prove you wrong....More crow for u!!!!!!
i don't like him because he's overrated and not as good as many believe he is. If you talk to anyone but redskins fans, they will be honest and tell you how horrible he is in coverage.

Yes, he made the pro bowl in 2010, basically off of one game. He had 4 ints vs Jay Cutler and had 2 more in the other 15 games that year.

I'd love for him to prove me wrong, but every year he fails to do so, so I doubt that changes. Wink
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he tries to just be a shutdown corner and not take risks he plays pretty well. He played awesome in the last 2 games of the season for us. And he brings alot of passion and fire to our defense.

Props to Mike23md
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://redskins.espn980.com/bloggers/chris-russell/item/844-redskins-reloading

How the redskins actually saved $ and cap space with how they've handled DeAngelo Hall's contract since ShanAllen were hired:

1st the redskins have been able to maintain 24 of last years 25 starters despite the 18 million dollar salary cap penalty.

You could not ask for any better way than the redskins have been able to make Hall's cap number and guarenteed money less and still keep him.

Quote:
The Redskins are anything but dumb under Mike Shanahan, Bruce Allen and Eric Shaffer. As a result of their 2010 creativity which landed them in hot water with the National Football League, the Redskins saved three million dollars in cap space in 2012 - as Hall's cap hit went from 9.5 to 6.5 million. The move also allowed the Redskins to have no dead money if they chose to whack Hall in 2013 or 2014. His base salary and workout bonuses was a simple 8.0 million in 2013 and 9.5 million in 2014, all non-guaranteed.

So when the Redskins released Hall last month, they technically saved a total of 17.5 million additional dollars over the 2013 and 2014 seasons. Washington made it official on Thursday morning, signing Hall back to a reported one year, 2.5 million dollar deal with a likely incentives based package for him to make more.

If you combine the on books savings of 2012 - 2014, it adds up too a whopping 20.5 million dollars, and for salary cap accounting purposes if you add the 3.0 million (high side w/ roster bonus projection) - the Redskins actually saved a total of 17.5 million as a net.

They were stripped of 15 million, but gained back the flexibility to have 17.5 million in credits spread over three years. Even if Hall is brought back for 2014 at a similar structure to this year, the Redskins would still have saved about 15 million dollars in cap space over the 2012, 2013 and 2014 seasons.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: