Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Walking Dead (AMC) V. 4 **All Spoilers!**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Losing Andrea was sad. People on here might not have liked her, or thought that she was dumb, but she had reasons for the things that she did. Was she naive? Yes, definitely, but she kept her humanity, and truly wanted an ending with no bloodshed. You cant fault her for that.

I never understood all the hate for Andrea this season.

Let me be the first to say that I loved Andrea in s1/s2. She's was a great character & well acted. For the women, she was top flight. On a Shane level, even.

I think a lot of people hate Andrea because they know the Governor is a ****ty person. IMO this is the wrong reason to hate Andrea. She has no idea he's a ****ty person & even after seeing his secret room with the zombie heads she's too deep in with him to believe otherwise.

The real problem with Andrea isn't because the Governor is ***ty...OMG HOW COULD SHE NOT RECOGNIZE IT? The problem is motivation. Why'd she get involved with Woodbury/the gov in the first place? Why choose the Governor over Michonne? Why couldn't the writers give us some semblance of discussion between Michonne & Andrea with the positives and negatives laid out? Is there some kind of sever in their relationship? What happened in that winter that we didn't see? If ever you wanted to give Michonne a character the beginning of s3 was the time to do it...

The problem with Andrea is also Michonne. Because the writers failed to give us anything on Michonne whatsoever, we're left projecting anger on both of them. One, because Michonne doesn't have a character. Two, because Andrea's sudden betrayal of Michonne is the most illogical thing that has happened on this show. There's no motivation. No reasoning. Nothing.

I know people are going to say Woodbury had "walls," or it's a safe haven. Save it. Please. This is a show that's been defined by skepticism from the very beginning and to change that now is inconsistent. You go with who you trust and who you're loyal to and we have no reason to believe Andrea-Michonne didn't share trust or loyalty to one another. Nor did either have enough reasoning to sever ties with one another.

But that's literally the reason she said on the show.

She said it was safer in Woodbury than out on the road. That's why she stayed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SPMv1_Co1U

2 minutes in.
I know & it's inconsistent & poor reasoning.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Andrea/Michonne dynamic is emotionally flat because they didn't really show them together in the wilderness, for months on end. They forwarded past that entire thing so we don't have much reference for how close they are, other than them saying one time that they had been through a lot...a lot that the viewer didn't see.

A case of telling instead of showing us they are friends, and expecting their last moment together to be poignant.

One or two very short flashbacks def didn't do enough.

Episode didn't really feel like a finale. I'd liked all of the episodes leading up to it. Felt flat to me. I was getting annoyed by a lot of the characters actions.

Props to Eggy
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say. I like what they are doing with Carl and The Governor. Should (could) lead to some very interesting plots. The Governor has pretty much been my fav character the entire season. With him not having to play both sides anymore, he could several times more entertaining.

If only the kid that played Carl was a better actor.

Props to Eggy
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Why is Rick moving all those Woodbury people to the prison instead of just taking over Woodbury? The Prison doesn't have the same amenities and is certainly no more defensible.

A lot of the actions people took in this episode made no rational sense.

IMO, the prison is much more safe than Woodbury and not only that, it's their turf. They know it while the Gov knows Woodbury. IMO, it was the right move.

I think it's more a matter of personnel. The only people at the prison are Rick's group plus Tyrese, Sasha, Karen and a bunch of old people (and maybe a few children? I didn't see any, but they were mentioned). Woodbury's upkeep required a population of healthy, able adults to maintain the perimeter at all times. The Governor killed all of them. Staying in Woodbury would've been very difficult. The prison offers to the protection of a small, known area that is already fortified and capable of being held with minimal additional effort.

Very valid points also.

PM sig requests.
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Rick doesn't know who else the Governor has pissed off. It's very possible the Governor has beef with others.

From Rick's POV, they could move into Woodbury, and a week later, a pissed off faction that the Governor stole from comes looking for revenge.

The smart thing would be to raid Woodbudy and go back to the prison, since you at least know what is going on there.

Props to Eggy
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really liked that Milton was keeping record of everything happening for the history books. I hope someone got his journal. It would be cool if protecting the history became a reoccurring theme in the story.

Props to Eggy
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
I really, really liked that Milton was keeping record of everything happening for the history books. I hope someone got his journal. It would be cool if protecting the history became a reoccurring theme in the story.

I didnt' think of this either. Good call. I bet someone will come across it. I see the first couple episodes being the group getting everyone settled and going to Woodbury to gather supplies and this could be one of the items since Heschel is very aware of it.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:
[img]http://oi49.tinypic.com/349f2xd.jpg[img]

Herschel regenerated his leg!!!

Laughing Daryl

Beth...

maggie = want

I'm next in line after Glenn. Sorry bro.

Beth is pretty hot too. I was glad I checked her age IRL so I don't feel like a creep for saying that. Although she really does look young sometimes.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been posted...I lol'd.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:

Herschel regenerated his leg!!!

Laughing Daryl

That's the most personality I've seen out of Michonne. Hopefully she continues to open up next year. Sad for Milton he didn't get to be in the group shot.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a catch to watch the finale... holy smokes!

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stop laughing. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god yes.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, that got me good. Laughing
BillSabre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I just watched the whole series in a week. I wasn't overly impressed with the finale but overall I like the show. I love FF because I can pretty much get peoples opinion on things from all over the place but it gets old hearing people constantly complain and try and pick everything apart.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 34 of 99

Jump to: