Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HALO 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
EB29


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 628
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
My main gripe with this game continues to be the lack of a "social" game type.

A lot of the time I just want to casually play, and not worry about people who have tactical plans for every map.

They do have a remake of Lockout now, though. Shutout, it's called. Not bad.
Wish it was a little darker, but I think it's a good remake.



This is hilarious. Literally the whole game is based around social game play. Except for Team Throwdown every other playlist is as social as Halo has ever been. Between global ordinance, personal ordinance, AA's, and custom load outs this game has almost nothing that could be considered competitive.
_________________

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MCgamer89


Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Posts: 750
Location: Riverview, FL
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
My main gripe with this game continues to be the lack of a "social" game type.

A lot of the time I just want to casually play, and not worry about people who have tactical plans for every map.

They do have a remake of Lockout now, though. Shutout, it's called. Not bad.
Wish it was a little darker, but I think it's a good remake.



This is hilarious. Literally the whole game is based around social game play. Except for Team Throwdown every other playlist is as social as Halo has ever been. Between global ordinance, personal ordinance, AA's, and custom load outs this game has almost nothing that could be considered competitive.


Completely agree with the bolded. It's pretty much the reason I played this game for maybe a week and have barely touched it since. Might try to play it next week since from reading on here a lot of new matchmaking has been released, but I like playing for a ranking, not for a symbol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiltman


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 14541
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
Majestic Map Pack ViDoc
http://youtu.be/Ge-uk56o3n4

Comes out next Tuesday, Third one comes out in April they said also.


Small Arenas Applause

How much are these each?

I really don't like having to spend extra money to get map packs. It's not so much the actual dollar amount as it is the concept of having to pay more for content they probably withheld from the game release in order to charge more for it later.

I didn't download any Reach DLC because of this. I used to download all the DLC in Halo 2 and 3, but it kind of seemed silly to me when I realized I essentially bought a second game in the end.

800 MSP ($10)

They didn't withhold it...they might've had ideas about it before it shipped but like most DLC it was worked on after the game went Gold.

I'd say its worth it if you are gonna buy any map pack....3 really good maps

Skyline is great, monolith is fun, and Landfall is a solid mix of interior and exterior...100% better than the last map pack.

I agree the industry as a whole has to get real on pricing....but if you got the War Games pass (got mine in the Limited edition) it's like $20 for 3 map packs....which comes to a little over $2 a map. If you buy them separately it's $30.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CJ4life


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 5711
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCgamer89 wrote:
EB29 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
My main gripe with this game continues to be the lack of a "social" game type.

A lot of the time I just want to casually play, and not worry about people who have tactical plans for every map.

They do have a remake of Lockout now, though. Shutout, it's called. Not bad.
Wish it was a little darker, but I think it's a good remake.



This is hilarious. Literally the whole game is based around social game play. Except for Team Throwdown every other playlist is as social as Halo has ever been. Between global ordinance, personal ordinance, AA's, and custom load outs this game has almost nothing that could be considered competitive.


Completely agree with the bolded. It's pretty much the reason I played this game for maybe a week and have barely touched it since. Might try to play it next week since from reading on here a lot of new matchmaking has been released, but I like playing for a ranking, not for a symbol.

Halo 4 ranking system should be releasing at some point in April. If you're into the competitive aspect of the game, Team Throwdown has easily been the playlist in the game for that. On March 11 they're also updating the playlist to have 2 of the 3 new maps (Monolith and Skyline) which should really make it something else.
_________________

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MCgamer89


Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Posts: 750
Location: Riverview, FL
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ4life wrote:
MCgamer89 wrote:
EB29 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
My main gripe with this game continues to be the lack of a "social" game type.

A lot of the time I just want to casually play, and not worry about people who have tactical plans for every map.

They do have a remake of Lockout now, though. Shutout, it's called. Not bad.
Wish it was a little darker, but I think it's a good remake.



This is hilarious. Literally the whole game is based around social game play. Except for Team Throwdown every other playlist is as social as Halo has ever been. Between global ordinance, personal ordinance, AA's, and custom load outs this game has almost nothing that could be considered competitive.


Completely agree with the bolded. It's pretty much the reason I played this game for maybe a week and have barely touched it since. Might try to play it next week since from reading on here a lot of new matchmaking has been released, but I like playing for a ranking, not for a symbol.


Halo 4 ranking system should be releasing at some point in April. If you're into the competitive aspect of the game, Team Throwdown has easily been the playlist in the game for that. On March 11 they're also updating the playlist to have 2 of the 3 new maps (Monolith and Skyline) which should really make it something else.


Oh really?! That's cool. Maybe I'll start playing again this month so I don't completely suck when the system is released in April, lol. I was pretty good when the game first came out, but was never a fan of the "social" playlists, which is all Halo 4 was when it first came out. Thanks for the info!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12267
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone still playing this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 9714
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Anyone still playing this?



On and off. Just doesn't appeal to me as much.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12267
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Anyone still playing this?



On and off. Just doesn't appeal to me as much.


I've been having fun with it lately for some reason. I started to accept that this is a more casual Halo game, as opposed to the previous games. I will say this - the maps still suck, they're freaking awful, and the leveling system is trash. You're pretty much striving towards nothing when leveling up - at least with games like Call of Duty and BF you have unlocks as you progress, in this you have nothing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19868
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
My main gripe with this game continues to be the lack of a "social" game type.

A lot of the time I just want to casually play, and not worry about people who have tactical plans for every map.

They do have a remake of Lockout now, though. Shutout, it's called. Not bad.
Wish it was a little darker, but I think it's a good remake.



This is hilarious. Literally the whole game is based around social game play. Except for Team Throwdown every other playlist is as social as Halo has ever been. Between global ordinance, personal ordinance, AA's, and custom load outs this game has almost nothing that could be considered competitive.

You think Team Throwdown is competitive? That's usually where I go when I want to have a nice, simple game.

I agree the loadouts take away a lot from the game. Makes no sense that people can start with a plasma pistol, boltshot or plasma grenades.

I wish they did it like they had it in Halo 3. They had the ranked areas, but then they had the social areas, which were more relaxed.
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jmacz008


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 1610
Location: mass
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranks are out, we're getting a weapon patch with a 4 shot BR. Who here still plays??
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19868
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmacz008 wrote:
Ranks are out, we're getting a weapon patch with a 4 shot BR. Who here still plays??

They're making the DMR even better!??!?

The DMR >>> BR already. Nobody is going to pick up a different gun.

Also, where are these ranks? I played the other night and didn't see anything, even though I was prompted when I began playing that ranks were out.
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EB29


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 628
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Jmacz008 wrote:
Ranks are out, we're getting a weapon patch with a 4 shot BR. Who here still plays??

They're making the DMR even better!??!?

The DMR >>> BR already. Nobody is going to pick up a different gun.

Also, where are these ranks? I played the other night and didn't see anything, even though I was prompted when I began playing that ranks were out.


Ill tell you right now a 4SK BR will destroy the DMR in everything but long range fights. Especially with a good team shot. If anyone watched EGL they had 4SK BR settings and with an increased kill time poor map movement was severely punished.

I can't wait for that patch (I love the BR tho)

Ranks can only be seen on halo waypoint ( app or website) which is just asinine. But 343 claim that the UI can't be updated to add a visual in game rank...
_________________

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 27071
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 4shot BR? Im not sure how I feel about that... Sure its weaker than the DMR, but not by THAT much... Maybe at top levels but to the average player you can out BR any average player lol.
_________________
XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12267
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's currently more people playing zombies then Halo 4, what a shame.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12267
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish there was more then one viable weapon in this game, that's what really ruined this game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 56 of 58

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group