Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Completely Hypothetical Not Real Draft Discussion.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you pick?
LT
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
CB
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
RB
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
QB
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

Neutral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Graziani wrote:
a RB who will average 150 yards and 2 TDs/game but have 10+ fumbles and probably miss 4+ games a year, etc....

How's he at pass blocking?
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if thats the stats the RB puts up I'd pick him then help write his HOF speech.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Graziani wrote:
Would you rather deal with a CB who is could get you 15 INTs and play Revis-esque D but probably give up 10+ TDs a year, a RB who will average 150 yards and 2 TDs/game but have 10+ fumbles and probably miss 4+ games a year, etc....
If the CB runs a 4.9, then he's not getting 15 picks a year because he'd never be even close to anybody he's attempting to cover.
Abe56

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously the RB. If he has A+ speed, agility, pass catching and pass blocking he's well worth it, you can correct a fumbling problem with technique.

64 Tackles, 10.5 Sacks, 6 STF, 2 FF, 1 INT, 3 PD

2nd Team All Pro

Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
How can a QB who cant throw the ball 12 yards be good at anything. You say he is A+ across the board in everything else. That would seem impossible. What is this QB dumping off passes every play to RBs and WRs and has an elite supporting cast or something?

Yeah, i really don't understand.

A QB who can't toss the ball 12/20 yards is...not a QB. Laughing

I went with the RB i guess. But this is extremely confusing and i find it hard to imagine a guy graded at A+ across the board while completely flunking out on one of the most crucial aspects of his position.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Completely Hypothetical Not Real Draft Discussion. Reply with quote

Tony Graziani wrote:
A. LT who is 6'2", 275 pounds that is horrible getting off on the snap (how often does he get pushed back and miss blocks on stronger DL?)

Well, he never gets pushed back because he's got elite functional strength (A+ in every area remember). In an NFL S&C program, he could be Rodney Hudson (who was 6'2 280 in college) with better mobility and technique. He struggles to get off the ball but can make up for it with lateral mobility and technique.

Tony Graziani wrote:
B. CB with 4.9 40 time who gambles for picks (how often does he get burnt tryna make a play?)

A corner with 4.9 speed is unrosterable. How on earth could this player be considered A+ in every area (he can't have elite CoD and movement skills)?

(Unless you mean he can't run fast in shorts, but his play speed is elite. In that case, you have a 6'2 corner with elite CoD who gambles for picks - Patrick Peterson + Asante Samuel = 1st overall)

Tony Graziani wrote:
C. RB who weighs 175 lbs. and has severe fumblitis (how often does he get hurt and/or turn the ball over?)

Darren Sproles with 4.2 speed and a fumbling problem? Worth a high pick - if you can correct the ball carrying technique issues, then you have a heck of a player. Even if you can't, Sproles with 4.2 speed who fumbles 5 times a year - I could probably live with that. He's A+ in durability, so he won't miss any time.

Tony Graziani wrote:
D. QB that is only 5'8" who's arm is so weak he can't get throw the ball more than 12 yards beyond the LOS (how does your offense compensate for his issues and play into his strengths?)
EDIT: Seems like I made the QB too outrageous for anyone to consider Laughing Laughing So let's change that to 5'11" and 20 yards

Height you can compensate for (see Wilson, Russell). However, if they can't throw the ball more than 20 yards, he can't even throw a bubble screen from the other hashmark (field is 53 yards wide). No hope as a passer. However, given that he has elite athletic ability, durability, CoD etc. (A+ remember) you move him to RB and you have a HOFer. 1st overall pick.

Foster-A-Falcon: Matt Bryant
2013 Stats: 24/27 FG (88.9%), 39/39 XP (100%)

Last edited by DrawABlank on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abe56 wrote:
Obviously the RB. If he has A+ speed, agility, pass catching and pass blocking he's well worth it, you can correct a fumbling problem with technique.

According to him, the fumbling problem isn't correctable. I took all the problems as not being fixable.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd go with the LT honestly.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are any of these prospects A+ prospects? I'd go with the LT, and kick him inside to guard.
AmishMafia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fire my scouts.

A. LT who is 6'2", 275 pounds that is horrible getting off is a marginal College talent.

B. CB with 4.9 40 time who gambles for picks He will get torched 60% of the snaps (the rest of the snaps the WR was laughing too hard to catch the pass or just needed a nap from running up and down the field)

C. RB who weighs 175 lbs. and has severe fumblitis Seveve fumbilitis - we can't win if we constantly give the ball to the other team.

D. QB that is only 5'11"who's arm is so weak he can't get throw the ball more than 20 yards beyond the LOS 20 yards? My sister can get it farther than that. This kills 30% of the playbook. Defenses would put 11 men in the box, knowing you can't throw it beyond the box.

Now, how on earth did any of these players get an A+. All I see are F's.
willy_law

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go CB. I would move him to a LB position or S. He can make plays on the ball and if he is as good as you say then he would not be a liability in the run game.

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are like Madden generated UDFA's Laughing

I take the LT, bulk him up big time to around 310lbs and I've got an elite guard. I can deal with his lack of quickness on the snap if we can just use his elite strength to turn him into a mauler.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the LT is only one you can develop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB I always think of Tiki Barber when thinking of ball security issues.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Completely Hypothetical Not Real Draft Discussion. Reply with quote

Tony Graziani wrote:
Long-time superlurker with a thought that crossed my mind that I want to discuss....

Let's say you're a team's GM and scouting players. There are 4 players you're scouting that have A+ grades across the board in every category except one physical and one on field aspect that is extremely key to their position.

A. LT who is 6'2", 275 pounds that is horrible getting off on the snap (how often does he get pushed back and miss blocks on stronger DL?)

B. CB with 4.9 40 time who gambles for picks (how often does he get burnt tryna make a play?)

C. RB who weighs 175 lbs. and has severe fumblitis (how often does he get hurt and/or turn the ball over?)

D. QB that is only 5'8" who's arm is so weak he can't get throw the ball more than 12 yards beyond the LOS (how does your offense compensate for his issues and play into his strengths?)
EDIT: Seems like I made the QB too outrageous for anyone to consider Laughing Laughing So let's change that to 5'11" and 20 yards

Again, the only flaws that would stop these players from being HOF GOATs are the ones I have listed. These issues are not truly fixable and will likely stay with them throughout their career.

Ignoring your roster, positional value, etc., which prospect would you take? Which do you think has the easiest flaws to overcome and how would you game plan to put the player in the best position to succeed?

Running play action with that QB would be hilarious. lol. If you cant get off the line, you cant block. If you run a 4.9 40 time, you are going to get 9 routed every play. The RB is the only usable player. Just give him the ball in space and tell him to run out of bounds and hope he doesn't get hit. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: