Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NHL Regular Season Discussion 2013 edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
How good is Bouwmeester?

People hate on him because he got a huge contract and didn't put up much points but he's a very good defenseman and is real good in his own end. Won't be relied on to be the #1 guy in St Louis either, which should really help him shine. Not elite by any means but a very solid player.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man the Dallas Stars suck at home...

Who wants Jaromir Jagr? He has been a beast this season.

If anyone also wants Derek Roy he's yours.

green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ The Bruins will take Jagr.

With Regehr moving on to LA, I think it's time we look at the previous trade involving him. We're nearly two years removed from the Flames-Sabres trade that sent Regehr, Ales Kotalik (never played with Sabres), and a 2012 2nd round pick (Wisconsin D Jake McCabe) for D Chris Butler (3rd pairing defenseman) and C Paul Byron (AHLer; 23 NHL games in last 2 seasons). The Sabres won that trade big time and I thought that was worth mentioning.

Two 2nd round picks is a pretty good return for him, also. That return and the Bouwmeester return set a pretty good standard for other top 4 defensemen that could be dealt. If I'm a team looking for that player, I'm looking at Mark Giordano of the Flames. Very useful player.

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:

Two 2nd round picks is a pretty good return for him, also. That return and the Bouwmeester return set a pretty good standard for other top 4 defensemen that could be dealt. If I'm a team looking for that player, I'm looking at Mark Giordano of the Flames. Very useful player.

I disagree, what it said was if you want to get a steal of a deal call the Flames. That deal is basically a mid to late 1st for a top line defenseman, both prospects are likely never to have any shot at the NHL. They got much better prospects in the Iginla deal. I would love to see the Flyers offer a 2nd and two pointless prospects for Giordano.

Props to Kempes ^
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
playmaker8267 wrote:

I disagree, what it said was if you want to get a steal of a deal call the Flames. That deal is basically a mid to late 1st for a top line defenseman, both prospects are likely never to have any shot at the NHL. They got much better prospects in the Iginla deal. I would love to see the Flyers offer a 2nd and two pointless prospects for Giordano.
The fact the Blues will pay all of Bouwmeester's salary in addition to taking on hit ($6.6M) when they have some important RFAs coming up (Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Stewart, Berglund) makes it easy to see why the Blues weren't willing to give up much. The 1st round pick will go to Calgary this year only if the Blues will make the playoffs, and if not it's deferred. I imagine other teams looked at the hit and the term and it forced the asking price down, whereas with Giordano, that won't be the case.

So yeah, JayBo's probably not in the same discussion as Giordano (signed through '15-16) given their situations. Regehr (UFA this summer) probably isn't either. The fact Giordano's locked up at a reasonable hit for 3 more years beyond this one probably drives his price up to a first rounder.

#JDI
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
playmaker8267 wrote:

The fact the Blues will pay all of Bouwmeester's salary in addition to taking on hit ($6.6M) when they have some important RFAs coming up (Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Stewart, Berglund) makes it easy to see why the Blues weren't willing to give up much. The 1st round pick will go to Calgary this year only if the Blues will make the playoffs, and if not it's deferred. I imagine other teams looked at the hit and the term and it forced the asking price down, whereas with Giordano, that won't be the case.

So yeah, JayBo's probably not in the same discussion as Giordano (signed through '15-16) given their situations. Regehr (UFA this summer) probably isn't either. The fact Giordano's locked up at a reasonable hit for 3 more years beyond this one probably drives his price up to a first rounder.

I wish the Flyers would have made a push for JayBo, because honestly that trade was not great regardless of his contract. He is only 29 and the way they were talking the Flames wanted a 1st and a young forward. I wish the Flyers would have offered Matt Read for JayBo

Props to Kempes ^
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:

I'd love Jagr on the Wings. A winger with a goal scoring touch would be awesome next to either Datsyuk or Zetterberg. Franzen - Datsyuk - Jagr would be a dream for the rest of this season.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire sale has begun in Buffalo.. Leopold / Regher for 3 2's and a conditional 5th and GM Regier has asked Pominville to submit his list of 8 teams he doesn't want to get traded too.

Also Vanek / Stafford and Miller could be dealt. Thank god this is a deep solid draft and we still have shot at the a top 3 pick either Jones / MacKinnon or Drouin
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:

I'd love Jagr on the Wings. A winger with a goal scoring touch would be awesome next to either Datsyuk or Zetterberg. Franzen - Datsyuk - Jagr would be a dream for the rest of this season.

Jagr was magical for Giroux in creating a lot of additional space. He isn't anywhere near where he used to be as far as a skater but he is still powerful and a force along the boards. Combine that with some good creativity and still a lethal shot and you got the perfect complement to Datsyuk.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we would have kept Jagr honestly.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Fire sale has begun in Buffalo.. Leopold / Regher for 3 2's and a conditional 5th and GM Regier has asked Pominville to submit his list of 8 teams he doesn't want to get traded too.

Also Vanek / Stafford and Miller could be dealt. Thank god this is a deep solid draft and we still have shot at the a top 3 pick either Jones / MacKinnon or Drouin

I'm fine with trading all of those guys except Vanek. I just don't think we should do it unless we get a good haul.
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre LeBrun wrote:
Marc-Andre Bergeron has been dealt to Carolina.
For Adam Hall and a 7th round pick this year. Hall was claimed on waivers by Carolina from Tampa on March 16th. Back to the Bay he goes. Bergeron is a UFA this summer.

LeBrun tweeted right after that that he's been told the Stars will trade Jaromir Jagr and that the Bruins are the front-runners. Expect him to be traded to Pittsburgh by dinnertime.

Edit:
Bob McKenzie | TSN wrote:
DAL trades Derek Roy to VAN for Kevin Connauton and a 2nd rd pick.

Connauton is a 23 year old defenseman who had been with Chicago (AHL). He's played 60 games with a 7-18-25 line and a -12 on a team that has a GD of +1. Haven't seen him play so I can't comment much further. Vancouver gets deeper at center.

#JDI

Last edited by playmaker8267 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Roy to VAN for a 2nd round pick.

EDIT: Kevin Connauton too.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Iceman88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good deal for Dallas a 2nd round pick and the 2nd best defenseman in Vancouver's system(which has some good depth at D).

If anyone wants to read about hockey prospects, the best site I found is Hockey's Future. They have all the top prospects for each team ranked and they update everything very quick.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/

Props to Kempes ^
Iceman88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagr to Boston for two prospects and a draft pick

Mike Heika via Twitter:
Quote:
Jaromir Jagr to Boston. I'm hearing two prospects and a draft pick.

Pierre LeBrun via Twitter:
Quote:
As first reported by Mike Heika, Jaromir Jagr has been dealt to the Boston Bruins although still pending a trade call

Props to Kempes ^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 56 of 83

Jump to: