Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Would You Rather Have Going Forward: Amendola or Welker?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Would You Take Going Forward
Wes Welker
49%
 49%  [ 53 ]
Danny Amendola
50%
 50%  [ 55 ]
Total Votes : 108

jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
This....people are really overlooking this.

Then explain to me why Welker's production in Miami - without Tom Brady, and with Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper and Cleo Lemon - was on par with Amendola's career highs.

Amendola had Bradford throwing to him...that's why.

Welker was nothing special in Miami.

Then he got Brady.....and history was made.

I am confident the same will happen with DA.

Rolling Eyes
Instead of taking a shot at Bradford, why not make the right argument and point out that he was easily on pace for 1000+ yards prior prior to his injury?

Wasn't take a shot at Bradford at all....if I posted that comparing him to an average QB, then yes, I can see how you'd feel like I was bashing him.

But I wasn't...I was merely pointing out the obvious, Tom Brady is a lot better than Bradford, just like he's a lot better than most QBs in this league.

Nice Rolling Eyes by the way.

My apologies if it wasn't your intent. He said that Amendola's career highs was equal to Welker's production in Miami with Culpepper, Lemon and Harrington...you responded with Amendola had Bradford throwing to him...that's why.

Which is why I took it the way I did. Again, my mistake if you weren't meaning it that way.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
This....people are really overlooking this.

Then explain to me why Welker's production in Miami - without Tom Brady, and with Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper and Cleo Lemon - was on par with Amendola's career highs.

Amendola had Bradford throwing to him...that's why.

Welker was nothing special in Miami.

Then he got Brady.....and history was made.

I am confident the same will happen with DA.

Rolling Eyes
Instead of taking a shot at Bradford, why not make the right argument and point out that he was easily on pace for 1000+ yards prior prior to his injury?

Wasn't take a shot at Bradford at all....if I posted that comparing him to an average QB, then yes, I can see how you'd feel like I was bashing him.

But I wasn't...I was merely pointing out the obvious, Tom Brady is a lot better than Bradford, just like he's a lot better than most QBs in this league.

Nice Rolling Eyes by the way.

My apologies if it wasn't your intent. He said that Amendola's career highs was equal to Welker's production in Miami with Culpepper, Lemon and Harrington...you responded with Amendola had Bradford throwing to him...that's why.

Which is why I took it the way I did. Again, my mistake if you weren't meaning it that way.

No problem man, happens to all of us at times.

I really wasn't trying to bash Bradford at all....I personally think he gets a bad wrap and is better than people say, liked him coming out of college.

I've got that giddy/nervous feeling about Amendola coming into this season. I honestly believe that if he can stay healthy, once he and Brady get their timing down, he is going to blow people's minds.

Sig credit: Deadpulse
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever gets the most targets from Brady will blow people's minds Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's insane how similar these two players are; both went undrafted, both played their college ball at Texas Tech, both are ideal slot receivers and around the same size.

I actually voted for Amendola in the poll, but after thinking about it a little more I'm switching to Welker, mainly because he's proven. Even in Miami Welker produced. I originally was going to go with Amendola because he's a few years younger, but he needs to prove that he can stay healthy. I think he'll have a career year with Tom Brady and can very well match Welker's production, but the durability is an issue. Welker now has Peyton Manning and will put up similar numbers he did with Brady in New England.

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
McNutt busted hard.

Anyone else? No just me? Alright
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Incredible wrote:
It's insane how similar these two players are; both went undrafted, both played their college ball at Texas Tech, both are ideal slot receivers and around the same size.

I actually voted for Amendola in the poll, but after thinking about it a little more I'm switching to Welker, mainly because he's proven. Even in Miami Welker produced. I originally was going to go with Amendola because he's a few years younger, but he needs to prove that he can stay healthy. I think he'll have a career year with Tom Brady and can very well match Welker's production, but the durability is an issue. Welker now has Peyton Manning and will put up similar numbers he did with Brady in New England.

Too late....the poll has spoken Twisted Evil

Sig credit: Deadpulse
Lions017

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next couple of seasons? Welker. No doubt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: