Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Toeaina Released
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Matt Toeaina Released Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4683022/bears-release-dt-toeaina
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we're looking to pick up another FA. This doesn't bother me.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:

I agree. It would be nice if they had something else in the pipeline. I do wonder because it sounded like they were going to keep him on the roster for a little longer before they actually made the cut. It may just be that they were able to make the move now without making an injury settlement. I am not that knowledgeable about some of those issues.

Edit: Total speculation on my part, but maybe this has something to do with the timing of his release? http://www.faniq.com/blog/Jaguars-cut-veteran-DT-CJ-Mosley-Blog-64242
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

I agree. It would be nice if they had something else in the pipeline. I do wonder because it sounded like they were going to keep him on the roster for a little longer before they actually made the cut. It may just be that they were able to make the move now without making an injury settlement. I am not that knowledgeable about some of those issues.

They announced the cut a few weeks back…but couldn’t actually release the player because he was injured…now with the news he has suffered a further injury setback and could require surgery the Bears can let him walk.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

They announced the cut a few weeks back…but couldn’t actually release the player because he was injured…now with the news he has suffered a further injury setback and could require surgery the Bears can let him walk.

So if I understand you correctly, they were able to cut him now without an injury settlement because he might require another surgery?
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

So if I understand you correctly, they were able to cut him now without an injury settlement because he might require another surgery?

I was always under the impression that injury settlements only happened for players injured outside of regular season and playoff games. Toe was injured during a game last year.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Bears54

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Hmmm.... Reply with quote

Two guys I would be looking at right now that are still free agents, have been productive in their careers, still young, and can fill a spot on our roster since releasing Big Toe...

Sedrick Ellis (27 years old) and Mike Patterson (29 years old).....Both are about 6'1 300 pounds and would contribute to our ball club....

Both can start or be that 3rd man in the rotation behind Melton and Paea to push for more playing time.....I think because they are still in free ageny they would come at a cheap price....
neo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.... Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
Two guys I would be looking at right now that are still free agents, have been productive in their careers, still young, and can fill a spot on our roster since releasing Big Toe...

Sedrick Ellis (27 years old) and Mike Patterson (29 years old).....Both are about 6'1 300 pounds and would contribute to our ball club....

Both can start or be that 3rd man in the rotation behind Melton and Paea to push for more playing time.....I think because they are still in free ageny they would come at a cheap price....

From what I gather about Emery, i could see him taking a chance on Sedrick Ellis being he actually is a good/decent player and would be a good rotational player on our d-line.

Adopt-a-Bear
Jon Bostic LB Florida
Bears54

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Yes Reply with quote

I agree, Mike Patterson is also a decent player. I really hope he is looking into these guys.

I would really like some competition at the DT position just how he created some at the Safety position. Chris Conte and Major Wright should get to comfortable. Zibokawski and Brandon Hardin are gunna push them in training camp...
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

Yeah I think it might come down to some kind of care of duty rule…the first injury happened while playing for the Bears…they took care of him with the knee scope…but this new injury didn’t happen while playing for the Bears…so I think we can then release him.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
I agree, Mike Patterson is also a decent player. I really hope he is looking into these guys.

I would really like some competition at the DT position just how he created some at the Safety position. Chris Conte and Major Wright should get to comfortable. Zibokawski and Brandon Hardin are gunna push them in training camp...

I'd be fine with Ellis. Patterson's heart condition will scare off a lot of teams.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Bears54 wrote:

I'd be fine with Ellis. Patterson's heart condition will scare off a lot of teams.

Brain...

But I agree Ellis would be a solid pickup.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Brain...

Yeah that's what I meant. Embarassed

GRRLacher wrote:
Walshy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardin and Tzibowski will definitely not push Major Wright and Conte for the starting spots. Hardin and Wright are above average.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
Bears54

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: I dunno about that Reply with quote

walshy,

You act like Major Wright is Pro Bowl safety, He is decent at best. With a new Head coach and secondary coach, all jobs are up to who earns them. Its not like Conte or Wright have established themselves in the league as been pro bowl safeties.

So I would have to disagree.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: