Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How does our team stack up going forward

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: How does our team stack up going forward Reply with quote

This is a little bit based on the premise of my last thread about our potential.

And maybe this is a good thread to include outsiders on, but I'm wondering where you rank our team as far as how bright our future looks.

These are the following teams that I think we look better than going forward....

AFC:
Oakland
San Diego
Buffalo
NY Jets
Jags
Titans

NFC:
Dallas
Tampa Bay
Arizona
Minnesota

I would for sure take our franchise going forward due to our young and talented roster.

Anyone you agree or disagree with?

I feel we are a bit more talented than most of those teams but our QB situation keeps us from being better than another half dozen teams at least.

Thoughts?

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty damned solid list. I think Tampa Bay is a hard one to say. That one depends on who drafts better, IMO. They have an edge at both safety positions, we have a slight at edge at CB because of Haden, and their #2 is Eric Wright. DL both teams are talented. LBs, not sure who has an edge. I like our OL better. We both have good RBs. WR is debatable. OL ours is better. QB I can't argue weeden over freeman or vice versa. They get edge on ST because we're unknown at this point. That could very well change. Schiano got good production out of TB last year. We have experienced coordinators.

I like our team goin forward moreso than Pittsburgh. They've taken major hits this offseason, and their cap situation really restricted them. I think they're headed for a fall this year.

I like our team moving forward better than KC, Philly, and Chicago.

All of these opinions are subject to change April 28th.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
That's a pretty damned solid list. I think Tampa Bay is a hard one to say. That one depends on who drafts better, IMO. They have an edge at both safety positions, we have a slight at edge at CB because of Haden, and their #2 is Eric Wright. DL both teams are talented. LBs, not sure who has an edge. I like our OL better. We both have good RBs. WR is debatable. OL ours is better. QB I can't argue weeden over freeman or vice versa. They get edge on ST because we're unknown at this point. That could very well change. Schiano got good production out of TB last year. We have experienced coordinators.

I like our team goin forward moreso than Pittsburgh. They've taken major hits this offseason, and their cap situation really restricted them. I think they're headed for a fall this year.

I can agree with those 3.

KC is more or less in the same QB category as us but probably has more talent around them right now.

Philly is total wild card. Either Kelly's system crashes and burns or takes the league by storm.

Chicago has Cutler, who I like a lot, but I'm not totally sold on the team around him. For the short term, they are definitely better though.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
cattleman78

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like our coaches a lot. Not signing a starting corner or free safety in free agency is a downer as is losing Dawson.
As I said before I'd like to fill as many holes as possible in the draft. See how q.b. plays out this year. Than if we need a q.b. draft one next year.
Key is getting at least three starters out of the draft with def. backs being a priority.

We are getting there but have a ways to go. Looks like we will be in good shape cap wise next year again.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

I can agree with those 3.

KC is more or less in the same QB category as us but probably has more talent around them right now.

Philly is total wild card. Either Kelly's system crashes and burns or takes the league by storm.

Chicago has Cutler, who I like a lot, but I'm not totally sold on the team around him. For the short term, they are definitely better though.

Yeah Chicago may be better this year, but I took your question as what team do I like moving forward into the future. The bears are getting old on defense, and they also lost their leader in urlacher. I'd much rather have our nucleus of players.

I do see your point. Maybe I'm just overly excited about our team moving forward.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
Entropy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't disagree with nug at all, but I would like to see our game day roster before I make any comparisons to other teams. I don't even know who will be the major players in the defensive backfield with Haden and Ward.

I also don't know for sure who will be playing the other ILB spot with DQ, nor am I sure who our primary 3 or 4 OLBs will be, besides Kruger.

Who's going to be our primary pass-catching TE? Our FB? Our place kicker? Our punter?

I do think that will all be cleared up in training camp, so I'll feel more comfortable making a comparison then. Maybe even after the draft.

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
That's a pretty damned solid list.

Yea, these are all teams, of course, it'd be hard to pick us against, but I don't think they would be upsets by far, if we won.

I'm also glad you threw Philly in there as well. I would add Detroit, because I feel like they are talented, but lack discipline as a team and it's making it hard for them to be consistent coming out of that division. The injury bug bites them pretty good each season as well.

I think we can get above this group with some decent QB play this year, I alrdy like us to get more wins with the new coaches, from sake of actually having game plans this season. I expect to not be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs until week 16 this time around!

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: How does our team stack up going forward Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
This is a little bit based on the premise of my last thread about our potential.

And maybe this is a good thread to include outsiders on, but I'm wondering where you rank our team as far as how bright our future looks.

These are the following teams that I think we look better than going forward....

AFC:
Oakland
San Diego
Buffalo
NY Jets
Jags
Titans

NFC:
Dallas
Tampa Bay
Arizona
Minnesota

I would for sure take our franchise going forward due to our young and talented roster.

Anyone you agree or disagree with?

I feel we are a bit more talented than most of those teams but our QB situation keeps us from being better than another half dozen teams at least.

Thoughts?

san diego and dallas no- they have QBs, we dont. if freeman turns it around, we're not better going forward than tampa bay
LAURINAITIS33

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: How does our team stack up going forward Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

AFC:
Oakland
San Diego
Buffalo
NY Jets
Jags
Titans

NFC:
Dallas
Tampa Bay
Arizona
Minnesota

Team Ahead of Us

I would rank Tampa ahead of us, I like a lot of their young talent especially their defense. Clayborn, McCoy, Clayborn, David, Foster, Goldson and Barron. If they can snag Revis, I think it will be top ten. On offense, their line is very solid and VJax, Williams, Martin and Freeman gives them good talent at the skills position.

I would rank Dallas ahead of us. I think they have very good young talent in Dez Bryant, DeMarco Murray,Tyvon Smith, Morris Clairborne, Bruce Carter and Sean Lee plus Ware, Romo, Witten, Carr, Spencer and Austin have 3-5 years of ahead them. Partner that with Jerry Jones willing to pull off big moves if he thinks the Cowboys are close, I rank them ahead of us.

I would also rank Buffalo ahead of us, I think they have the better lines on both sides, Byrd and Gilmore are impressive in the secondary while I think Spiller is going to be special. I also think Kolb can still be a good QB , he did have the Cards 4-0 before he got hurt. It's real close will just depend on who can solve QB issues better.

I would rank Pittsburgh behind of us, I don't think Heyward, DeCastro and Hood aren't going to be impact players partnering that with Lewis, Mendenhall and Wallace leaving. Our future looks brighter especially with Big Ben racking up injuries.

Carolina would be behind us too, they have Newton on offense and that is more less it. Kuechly, Johnson and Hardy is all they have really on defense. I think it will take them awhile.
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to read this:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Offseason-makes-tremendous-difference-for-Gordon/298aa27e-5d9c-4d41-9d66-bd5519449b0f

I really want a Josh Gordon jersey, and this is putting my dime in the right place. We could have a spectacular receiving corp, especially if G. Little has that trendy 3rd year wideout breakout season. I think the biggest thing the new coaching staff is bringing to the table in Berea is DISCIPLINE, and I cannot wait to see what our game-planning and conditioning is going to get us this season (yes heavily dependent on Weeden, but I don't believe he is incapable of doing some good things this season).

Damn, can it just be September already?

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalcolmBrown wrote:
Happy to read this:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Offseason-makes-tremendous-difference-for-Gordon/298aa27e-5d9c-4d41-9d66-bd5519449b0f

I really want a Josh Gordon jersey, and this is putting my dime in the right place. We could have a spectacular receiving corp, especially if G. Little has that trendy 3rd year wideout breakout season. I think the biggest thing the new coaching staff is bringing to the table in Berea is DISCIPLINE, and I cannot wait to see what our game-planning and conditioning is going to get us this season (yes heavily dependent on Weeden, but I don't believe he is incapable of doing some good things this season).

Damn, can it just be September already?

Not quite ready for it to be September just yet. I teach school, so I get alot done around my house during the summer months, and I'm also pretty excited about the Indians.

It'll get here way too soon anyways. (I hit the BIG 5-0 this summer, so I want it to last as long as possible.)

With regards to Little's "breakout 3rd season".....I hope that it goes significantly better than those of MoMass and Brian Robiskie's 3rd years. Shocked Embarassed Shocked

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#FREEJOSHGORDON! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: