Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals release former Dolphins, Texans DB Jason Allen

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40666
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Bengals release former Dolphins, Texans DB Jason Allen Reply with quote

Quote:
We have released CB Jason Allen. #Bengals


http://twitter.com/Bengals/statuses/322052347582885888


_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16827
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah, after seeing his cap hit this was imminent. Jamaal Anderson is probably next on the chopping block...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29127
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bad was he for you guys?

I mean when the Texans cut a DB, buyer beware.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40666
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
How bad was he for you guys?

I mean when the Texans cut a DB, buyer beware.


The Texans didn't release him, he was claimed off waivers in 2011 from the Dolphins by them and then became a free-agent entering the 2012 off-season.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29127
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
How bad was he for you guys?

I mean when the Texans cut a DB, buyer beware.


The Texans didn't release him, he was claimed off waivers in 2011 from the Dolphins by them and then became a free-agent entering the 2012 off-season.


Point remains if we let a DB go, especially a CB, buyer beware.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16827
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
How bad was he for you guys?

I mean when the Texans cut a DB, buyer beware.


The main issue was injury. He was pretty much hurt the entire time. I think he played ST a little bit when he finally got healthy and was terrible. Didn't really get to see what he could do at DB for us.

At the price tag he had and us re-signing Adam Jones and Terence Newman, there was no spot for him on the roster. He may still be a decent DB...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40666
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
How bad was he for you guys?

I mean when the Texans cut a DB, buyer beware.


The main issue was injury. He was pretty much hurt the entire time. I think he played ST a little bit when he finally got healthy and was terrible. Didn't really get to see what he could do at DB for us.

At the price tag he had and us re-signing Adam Jones and Terence Newman, there was no spot for him on the roster. He may still be a decent DB...


Yep he only played 3 snaps in 2012 because of the injuries.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16827
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
How bad was he for you guys?

I mean when the Texans cut a DB, buyer beware.


The main issue was injury. He was pretty much hurt the entire time. I think he played ST a little bit when he finally got healthy and was terrible. Didn't really get to see what he could do at DB for us.

At the price tag he had and us re-signing Adam Jones and Terence Newman, there was no spot for him on the roster. He may still be a decent DB...


Yep he only played 3 snaps in 2012 because of the injuries.


That doesn't sound right but it wasn't a lot more than that. He had 3 tackles according to NFL.com. Guessing he didn't get 3 tackles in 3 snaps...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.


Last edited by TheVillain112 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40666
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
How bad was he for you guys?

I mean when the Texans cut a DB, buyer beware.


The Texans didn't release him, he was claimed off waivers in 2011 from the Dolphins by them and then became a free-agent entering the 2012 off-season.


Point remains if we let a DB go, especially a CB, buyer beware.


I wouldn't say that a team "letting a player go" is the same as someone entering free-agency after his contract ended.

Also, as far as your point, you did release Tramon Williams for what it's worth, But every team has released players that ended up both good and bad on other teams in every position.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40666
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
How bad was he for you guys?

I mean when the Texans cut a DB, buyer beware.


The main issue was injury. He was pretty much hurt the entire time. I think he played ST a little bit when he finally got healthy and was terrible. Didn't really get to see what he could do at DB for us.

At the price tag he had and us re-signing Adam Jones and Terence Newman, there was no spot for him on the roster. He may still be a decent DB...


Yep he only played 3 snaps in 2012 because of the injuries.


That doesn't sound right but it wasn't a more than that. He had 3 tackles according to NFL.com. Guessing he didn't get 3 tackles in 3 snaps...


Meant defensive snaps.
Quote:
The former first-round pick played just 3 defensive snaps in 2012.


http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3670/jason-allen

I guess the tackles came on special teams.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16827
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Meant defensive snaps.
Quote:
The former first-round pick played just 3 defensive snaps in 2012.


http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3670/jason-allen

I guess the tackles came on special teams.


That makes sense. I don't remember his 3 defensive snap tbh. The only thing I remember him for on the field is how terrible he was on ST the limited snaps he played there.

He could still be a decent corner back. He was improving before he left Houston, just wasn't healthy enough to get a shot in Cincy...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29127
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
How bad was he for you guys?

I mean when the Texans cut a DB, buyer beware.


The Texans didn't release him, he was claimed off waivers in 2011 from the Dolphins by them and then became a free-agent entering the 2012 off-season.


Point remains if we let a DB go, especially a CB, buyer beware.


I wouldn't say that a team "letting a player go" is the same as someone entering free-agency after his contract ended.

Also, as far as your point, you did release Tramon Williams for what it's worth, But every team has released players that ended up both good and bad on other teams in every position.


How is it different? We chose not to resign him ergo his contract ended and he entered free agency.

The Texans have a history of bad DBs, 90% go on to suck elsewhere.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group