You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WIllis Mcghee Trade!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LION KING

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: WIllis Mcghee Trade! Reply with quote

Over in the NFL site someone has started a Mcghee trade offer, I was wondering what he would be worth to us. I have always like Him hes a top 5 back in my mind if we could land him what would it cost us.

I was thinking could we trade down with Buffalo they have the 12th pick would they want to move up and would they move Mcghee.

I would swap 2nd pick for 12th and Willis Mcghee we could then draft almost anything of need at 12.

What ya guys think what would it cost us would it be possible, because some buffalo fan has asked what hes worth as trade bait in the NFL forum.

NEXT TIME STOMP ON HIM GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH ALL I AM SAYING ABOUT IT!
Bucky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would swap the second for the 12th and Willis...But that is very favorable to us, I would toss in nothing higher than a fourth rounder. You might have to get creative and swap firsts, swap thirds, and throw in a fourth or something. But keep 3 picks on the first day for us. At number 12 draft either Willis, Blalock, or Hall in that order.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would deffinitly want to move down to around the 12th pick, but not for that. We would be better off drafting AP. He's a couple years younger and yes he did get injured, but I would rather have a broken shoulder concerns than a complete knee restruction like Willis had.

I just don't see the Bills making that big of a move. JP had his best year to date, so why take a playmaker and somebody he relies on, and send him packing. I guess it all depends on who they fall in love with in the draft. Nothing is out of the question but I just don't think it makes sense for either team.

If it did happen the 12th pick is right around when Laron Landry would go. My favorite prospect for the lions. We would have two outstanding safties for years.
m0town12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't want Willis. I MIGHT give a second round pick for him depending on how KJ's injury is looking.
thenick_1999

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah. Why don't we trade our second round pick for Peyton Manning while we are at it too.
qball8001

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, Willis is in his contract year, we can not afford him.

Not worth it.
DetroitLionsGM

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, the Bills arent trading Willis Mcgahee. 2nd i would do a swap of 1st rounders for Willis in a HEARTBEAT. Even if hes only with us for a year, its definitely worth it, we could still get Top level talent at #12 and get Mcgahee in the process, and we probably would end up resigning him and letting KJ go or something. but whatevrr not gonna happen.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kevin Jones is a fantastic RB (and more importantly better than McGahee) and even if he ends up missing nearly all of next season, the Lions won't be in position to make a serious run at a Super Bowl, therefore they can afford to wait on a healthy Kevin Jones and use their picks to address other major needs. It would be different if they were contending for a title and thought they were a RB away from serious contention. It's just not a wise decision when you are this far away.
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:

Not worth it.

Already? Damn that was quick. Seems like yesterday I was watching him and Evil Drew in his living room wearing a Bills hat.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way the Bills trade Willis is getting a top 5 pick in return and drafting AP, but I wouldn't trade the #2 pick for an injury prone guy.

Thanks Keato for the awesome sig!

FIRE MILLEN!!!
And Thank God He Gone!!!!!!!
Ice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willis means too much to the Bill's offense and won't be going anywhere.
LionsRoar17

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:

Not worth it.

Yep, he is way to expensive. And injuries have been a concern. Dont want to trade the 2nd overall for him.
Bucky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people immediately point out injury concerns with willis, but seem to ignore them with AP?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: