Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Another Mock...still crazy...kinda "meh"...1 round
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikesfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
vikesfan wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
vikesfan wrote:
The Vikings picks make no sense. We trade up for Arthur Brown which is fine, but then we trade back and take another similar linebacker in Ogletree?
I was waiting for this response Laughing

Honestly, I'm scared you guys will do this. Brown will be a great ILB for you guys, and Ogletree would give you a trio of great LB's. Erin Henderson is fine and all, but not special.

With our gaping hole at WR, a hole at CB, and our lack of depth paired with aging along the defensive line we just can't afford to do that.
Well, if you prefer severely reaching to fill immediate holes, then I guess that's your opinion. Brown and Ogletree are both great players that would help build the core of your franchise. They are both top 10-20 talents compared to the 2nd round talents left at your biggest positions of need.

First, let me start with saying that I like that you actually did something different with your mock and I'm not trying to personally bash you or anything of that nature, but the Vikings have Henderson (solid two down LB) and Greenway (3 down LB) on the roster. We go into the nickle very very often in passing situations or against pass-heavy teams. We are in dire need of a MLB who can stay on the field in passing situations, which you address. However, the notion you presented that we could/should take two linebackers this early is just silly. Yes, drafting talent is one thing, but double dipping at LB when this would make one of these players a two-down player would be just plain dumb on our part. I also have a ton of problems with Ogletree as a prospect, but I'll leave that out of this. With the depth at WR, DT, and CB in this draft, we have got to use our second first rounder on one of those positions, and with the depth in the draft it wouldn't be a reach like you are implying.

I also see you switched Ogletree for Wheaton. While I like Wheaton as a prospect, I do not view him as really even that close to a first round prospect. I would much rather have Hopkins there. Once again, props for doing something different, though.

**Daboyle on the Sig**
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you drunk?

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd to the Cowboys Shocked
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
USC_Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pick for the 49ers
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
You're kidding right
not a fan of Wilson?

I like Wilson but why would we trade up for a QB when we have Palmer. If we draft one it sure as hell won't be in the first
Palmer is no franchise QB, at best he is a good stop gap who can possibly help you contend while your real franchise QB develops. If he actually does help you contend, this year may be your only realistic chance at a franchise QB until Palmer is gone.

Also, have you been told in confidence by your GM that you won't be drafting a QB round 1? If not, then I'd say its completely reasonable.

Why would draft a player in the first round who won't make impact this year? I understand doing that at 25 but trading up to two? That's ridiculous.
He could/should beat out Palmer, so he could play day 1

Why would we have trade/paid him? We aren't going to be taking a QB in the first, it's just common sense

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrendous. Very Happy
Gambino62

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinn - Star - Brockers - Long?

Awesome.

However, I believe we'd take Cyprien over Watson. Word is coming through the Rams pipeline that Saffold and the Rams FO have mended fences with the whole "LT" thing and are potentially working on a new deal for him. But, overall, I'd be pretty stoked to get Star on that DLine.

Kempes on the sig, El ramster on the avy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: