Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First & Last Mock (1 Round)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badgers0821

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: First & Last Mock (1 Round) Reply with quote

Here is my first Mock draft of the year. It will be just 1 round.

Keeping mind I take both needs and BPA into account.

Also keep in mind if I didn't give your team their #1 need in round 1 it was probably because the value wasn't there but I would have it addressed in the next round or two.

Finally, I will no project any trades.

Enjoy!

1. KC - Luke Joekel, OT, Texas A&M

Not much needs to be said, it is almost a foregone conclusion and it is the right choice here.

2. JAX - Ezekiel Andah, DE, BYU

It is no surprise to anyone that the Jags have suffered in the pash rush game for some years now. They have an opportunity with this pick to take the top defensive end in the draft. There is some debate to who that player is and I believe Ansah is slightly better fir for this defense than Jordan.

3. OAK - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

Despite the Raiders struggles lately their defense has played pretty decently. Without any top WRs worthy of this pic in the draft they should stick with solidifying that defense. Milliner is a player who can have an immediate impact on the back end of it.

4. PHI - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

With Milliner off the board Chip Kelly will look to sure up the OL. Although he is a speed first coach he knows the importance of opening holes for his RB's. I feel this is both a value and need pick for the Eagles.

5. DET - Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon

I think Jordan is a bit overrated but the Lions need pass rush help and he is a special talent. Lions have had their issues on the defensive side of the ball for a long time and with Milliner off the board they need someone who can get to the QB so their under-performing secondary doesn't have to chase WRs for long periods of time.

6. CLE - Barkavious Mingo, OLB, LSU

Mingo is a high energy guy who can help improve a fairly strong defensive unit. This helps fill one of Cleveland's bigger needs.

7. ARI - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

The Cardinals need some help on the OL and They should pick up the last of the top tier OTs in this draft. The could go Geno Smith but I think that would be a mistake. I am a believer that this is a weak daft for top end Q talent so they should stay the course and build a OL for their future franchise QB, whoever that may be.

8. BUF - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

Kevin Kolb is not the answer. The Bills need to bring in the first franchise QB since Jim Kelly. Smith does seem to have the tools to be effective and in the right system/tutelage could become a staple in that offense.

9. NYJ - Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida

I know DT/DE is not a huge need for the Jets but at this point they go with the BPA. Floyd could be a top 5 selection and the Jets need to work on bringing in players who can have an impact, rather than reaching for players that are needs.

10. TEN - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

This pick fills a need and beings in a very talented DL. This pick just makes the most sense at this point in the daft.

11. SD - Jonathan Cooper, OG, N.C.

The Chargers need some help up front after a disappointing 2012 campaign. At this point Cooper is the best available and in recent drafts it has proved true that picks an interior OL early can really help stabilize an entire OL unit.

12. MIA - Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

Imaging the Dolphins surprise when they can choose any WR they want at #12. In this case I feel Patterson makes the most sense because of his height and ball skills. Of course they could go with Austin but I think Patterson provides a good fit to go along with their smaller, slot style WRs.

13. T.B. - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

Even if they land Revis from the Jets I feel this has to be the pick. Rhodes is a talented CB and fills an area of need for the Bucs. They could go with S Vaccaro here but shoring up the CB position should be a priority and Rhodes is a good value here.

14. CAR - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

Like Lotulelei this pick just makes sense from a needs and value standpoint.

15. N.O. - Sylvester Williams, DT, N.C.

The Saints need help along the DL and since I don't think there are any DE's available that are a good value here I thin they go DT and Williams is a top 20 talent in this draft so getting him at #15 makes sense.

16. STL - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

They need a replacement for Amendola and with 2 picks in the first round they need to grab a WR with one of them. They shouldn't wait because Austin might not be there when their second pick rolls around.

17. PIT - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

The Steelers go for BPA and fill a need. They like having both pass catching and good run-blocking TE's and Eifert fits that mold.

18. DAL - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

The Cowboys have had issues with their OL and it would benefit them to grab a player who has the size and strength to lock down a guard position from day one. Another way they could go is Vaccaro at S but at this point in Romo's career he can't be taking too many big hits, so help him out and the running game.

19. NYG - Bjoern Warner, DE, Florida State

I am not a huge Warner fan but the guy does have hustle and the ability to rush the passer, two things the Giants need on defense. I think this is a great fit.

20. CHI - D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama

There is no secret the Bears biggest problem is their OL. Bring in Fluker to play at RT, move Carimi to OG. The Bears almost don't have a choice but to go OL with this pick.

21. CIN - Kenn Vaccaro, S, Texas

The Bengals stay patient and get their guy at pick 21. Vaccaro seems to be at the head of the class for safeties and from this mock it just worked out that he fell to them.

22. STL - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

With their second first round pick the Rams take what I think is a top 10 talent. Jones has off the field issues that will deter some teams form taking him but the Rams almost have nothing to lose with this pick. Jones fits a need and is by far the BPA at this point.

23. MIN - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

Just like the Rams the Vikings have 2 first round picks and use one of them on a WR. Hunter's stock has been rising as of late and he would be a great compliment of size to go with the addition of Greg Jennings.

24. IND - Aelc Ogletree, LB, Georgia

The Colts spent most of last year going after offense and it paid off. This year they need to focus on defense and they get a good value pick here to help a position area of need.

25. MIN - Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

Minnesota needs help in the LB core and although Te'o has had his issues since the end of the college season, I feel he is still a great player at an area of need for the Vikings.

26. G.B. John Cypien, S, FIU

Being a Packer fan I wanted either, OL, RB, or S with this pick. I looked at the roster and the available players and although Lacy was inticing I really want them to draft Montee Ball. So I went with the position on the defense that is the weakest and took the hard hitting, high flying safety out of FIU.

27. HOU - Keenan Allen, WR, Cal

This is simple, the Texans NEED someone opposite Andre Johnson who can make plays and they just haven't had it. Allen is a very talented and capable WR and should bring some stability to the WR position in Houston.

28. DEN - Datone Jones, DL, UCLA

This guy has been flying up the boards and can fill a hole left by Dumerville.

29. NE - Matt Elam, S, Florida

With all the top WRs gone NE should address the safety position and take a good talent in Elam. The Patriots did have issues last year giving up big plays in the passing game and Elam can help shore up that back end.

30. ATL - Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State

This should be a dream pick for the Falcons. They need help in pass rush and Carradine could have been a top 10 pick without the injury.

31. SF - Margus Hunt, DE, SMU

Moving to a 3-4 won't be as eas a transition as some might think. I am still unsure why they changed when they had such a great defense in place. Hunt will help as a 3-4 DE talent that are hard to come by.

32. BAL - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson

After winning the Superbowl the Ravens did a littel house cleaning, which isn't uncommon. WR might not be the biggest need but losing Boldin was tough. After signing Flacco to that lucrative contract they need to replenish his weapons and although they may be reaching a bit, Hopkins can come in and have an immediate impact for Flacco.

Thanks everyone, comments are welcome.

If you do comment and think I made a huge mistake or don't like the pick please say WHY and who you would take INSTEAD.
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tank to ATL..... hey ohhhhh, good job. DE or DB is always the right call.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather have Jarvis Jones or Eifert. I like Eifert but I don't want them to pass up on Jones.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the type of worst case scenario that might lead to the Browns taking Geno. I don't see any way that they take Mingo though.

Vince Lombardi
The Gnat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is a very likely Vikings draft come Thursday.

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good Titans pick.
badgers0821

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
This is the type of worst case scenario that might lead to the Browns taking Geno. I don't see any way that they take Mingo though.

Why wouldn't they take Mingo?
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears would take Trufant or Brown in this mock.
badgers0821

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theindianstud12 wrote:
The Bears would take Trufant or Brown in this mock.

Bears don't plan on improving their current starting OL? why would you reach for a CB or LB when a huge need and a good value is right at your finger tips?
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
tank to ATL..... hey ohhhhh, good job. DE or DB is always the right call.

I agree Tank to the Birds is a really good pick for us. I think Tank is a top 20 talent when healthy and te better of the 2 FSU DE's.

You can't throw out Arthur Brown or Ogletree either as good choices their both highly talented players as well that would be a big need at OLB. With the depth at CB in the 2nd round so strong like 10 deep all similar talent to Taylor it might bebest to go DE or OLB 1st round whoever is bpa and then go CB in the 2nd where the talent is the deepest at for best value.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing Bengals pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure you have a good grasp of 3-4 and 4-3 OLBers.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
I'm not sure you have a good grasp of 3-4 and 4-3 OLBers.

I'm a Packer fan, I have a pretty good idea. It's called an ILB. welcome tot he world of a 3-4.
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami doesn't need another receiver especially one who doesn't know a full route tree. Rather see Eifert there, just dont see how your going to get the ball to 5 maybe 6 receivers in Wallace, Hartline, Bess, Gibson, Matthews, and Patterson

Adopt A Dolphin: Brian Hartline
Final: 76REC 1016YDS 4TD
badgers0821

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phinsnation84 wrote:
Miami doesn't need another receiver especially one who doesn't know a full route tree. Rather see Eifert there, just dont see how your going to get the ball to 5 maybe 6 receivers in Wallace, Hartline, Bess, Gibson, Matthews, and Patterson

I thought about Eifert but what I noticed was Miami has no big receivers, just a bunch of slot type receivers.

Would Patterson not be an upgrade over guys like Gibson, Matthews?

I hear ya on the Eifert choice though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: