Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

khodders It's a bit different aye, Mono Round Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
For the record Khoder, I think Star is a great player. I see absolutely nothing wrong with your opinion on him as a player because I will probably agree with you.

It's just what you're suggesting would be like me saying Arizona should draft a WR with pick 7.

Not really. Wide Receivers are a position that holds little value. The defensive line in a Horton system is arguably the most important part of the unit (aside from your #1 CB). Rubin is not going to stay in on 5 DB sets because he lacks the requiste penetration skills. Taylor is coming off a big time injury. Bryant is a positional conversion player who may or may not be ready to fill the role that Horton wants him to not to mention he has the Criminal Mischeif charge and impending lawsuit (Any developments)

Fishing in the bold there.

Taylor's injury was a pec tear lifting weights, and he came back in week 7 and knocked fools around without any problems. He is going to be the starting NT, as he has bulked up while Rubin has slimmed down to play DE.

Bryant is going to be expected to play at least 65% of the snaps, which is normal for starting 300+ pounders, and the arrest and subsequent legal matters are not going to be any problem going forward. He was drunk and the cabbie dropped him off at the wrong house. Not a big deal. At least he was smart enough to take a cab.

I agree with you in the rest of your reasoning. There have been rumors of a Rubin trade for some time now because of the massive salary that he's earning on his extension (around $8M the next two years), and drafting Star may allow Banner to drop the last inflated contract the Browns have, pick the BPA, and set the defensive line up for close to a decade of dominance in the process.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying it can't happen but im telling you now Khodder if we take Taylor at 30 come draft day im gonna be in a super pissy mood for a few weeks bro XD. I can't stand that pick as their are only 3 legit 1st roudn quality CB's and thats Miliner, Rhodes, and Trufant. All 3 are top 25 players.

Taylor is pretty much on the 2nd tier of CB's with Slay, Banks, Hayden, Poyer, Blidi, Ryan, Alford etc.. All good talented 2nd round CB's with upside but nothing about them elite quite yet like the top 3.

To me you grab a different position in the 1st round at that point be it DE, OLb, or NT then come back around in the 2nd round for one of those talented CB's thats all similar talent.

Im thinking a guy like Ogletree there who is atually a top 20 talent at a needed position would be a nice choice over a 2nd tier guy like Taylor.

Or as you said a trade down partner would be us possibly as we could drop down 5 to 10 spots grab one of the 2nd tier Cb's including Taylor possibly still and pick up an extra 3rd or 4th.

Plus for god knows why the Pats love Taylor at CB even earlier than 30 and im praying their love for him is legit where he goes there and we don't gotta worry about it Very Happy
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Im thinking a guy like Ogletree there who is atually a top 20 talent at a needed position would be a nice choice over a 2nd tier guy like Taylor.

Or as you said a trade down partner would be us possibly as we could drop down 5 to 10 spots grab one of the 2nd tier Cb's including Taylor possibly still and pick up an extra 3rd or 4th.

Plus for god knows why the Pats love Taylor at CB even earlier than 30 and im praying their love for him is legit where he goes there and we don't gotta worry about it Very Happy

See that is where we differ, I know he is going to be draft in the 25-40 range or possibly higher, but I would not touch Ogletree until the late third or fourth round. Linebackers without instincts who rely on athleticism don't tend to do well in the NFL.

Atlanta is a threat to trade in either direction. I would not be surprised to see them trade up for a falling DE or for Eifert.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
khodder wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:
We have Burfict-Maualuga-Harrison starting in our base formation. Lamur will come in on passing downs and looked good last year. As much as i want Brown, we're not taking him. I don't think were taking one until the 4th, maybe 3rd round.

I think we're gonna go BPA between S, WR, G, DE, CB with the first pick.

With whats left on the board, i'd go:
1. Jonathan Cyprien
2. Jamar Taylor
3. Tank Carradine
4. Bjoern Werner
5. Elam

PS. Wheres Warmack??

Warmack is at 16th overall to the Rams.

I just like the value Brown adds, would be the best LB on that team the minute he arrives, and I get the feeling Harrison plays more with his hand in the dirt than he does as a SAM backer.

Either way there are going to be plenty of options there for the Bengals and it will all depend on the way their board falls. With my valuation of A] The current Bengals LB groups (Don't rate them than highly) and B] Arthur Brown (Top 15 value as a LB) it makes sense to slot him there to the Bengals.

I absolutely agree, and i hope you're right.

I love Brown, just hate that we resigned Rey. He ruined everything for me

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate It. DE is not a 1st round need at all, no earlier then 4th round. Trufant is rising but he shouldn't be, I have no problem with a CB just not Trufant. MLB is far and away the Vikings #1 need.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"No! try not! Do or do not. There is no try.
101Raider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Raiders draft Geno Smith
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armstead is a huge reach for Chicago in round 1. He doesnt fit our need at 20. Had we not gotten Bushrod and traded down I'd be all for him early round 2.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 31 Yards- 342 TDs- 5 Tgts- 56
playboi24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect Texans pick. I know most say we go WR, but Eifert would be a great weapon as well.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm OK with Tavon Austin if we trade back up for Barkley or Nassib
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
I'm OK with Tavon Austin if we trade back up for Barkley or Nassib

Would be one of the first teams I would expect to trade back up.

Quote:
Hate It. DE is not a 1st round need at all, no earlier then 4th round. Trufant is rising but he shouldn't be, I have no problem with a CB just not Trufant. MLB is far and away the Vikings #1 need.

When you combine need/value of Werner there he is going to be close to the top of most boards. Just because it is not a need does not mean it will not be looked at.

However the pick I have Minnesota taking Werner with, I don't see them keeping that pick. Team will trade up to that spot to find a QB.

Quote:
No way Raiders draft Geno Smith

Because they are well set enough there with Pryor and Flynn that they can afford to pass on a potential Franchise QB in the first round.

This draft will be like 2008; LT first overall, Pass Rusher second overall, QB thrid overall. The first two will continue to search for their QB in years to come, the third will reap the benefits.

I hope for Raiders fans sake that Reggie McKenzie is smart enough to take the Quarterback.

Quote:
Armstead is a huge reach for Chicago in round 1. He doesnt fit our need at 20. Had we not gotten Bushrod and traded down I'd be all for him early round 2.

Not sure it is a "huge" reach, it is right around his talent spot on my board. Armstead is no worse than Lane Johnson. However with Bushrod (Overrated tackle) on board, Fluker might be a more likely option. That or Eifert.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

See that is where we differ, I know he is going to be draft in the 25-40 range or possibly higher, but I would not touch Ogletree until the late third or fourth round. Linebackers without instincts who rely on athleticism don't tend to do well in the NFL.

Atlanta is a threat to trade in either direction. I would not be surprised to see them trade up for a falling DE or for Eifert.

Khodder you just said the one thing that would make me madder than taking a 2nd tier player at 30 in Taylor. Trading up for Eifert. I wouldn't take that dude at 30 much less trade up for him. TE is way down on the list of needs for us it isn't even in the top 4 or 5 at this point. Only thing i might get more mad about than that would be trading up or taking a RB XD.

Would rather Taylor than both of those scenarios by far.

I see the Vikings don't want Werner or Trufant and i would gladly take either of them if they want Taylor Razz
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see the Titans going for Vaccaro with us having Griffin and just signing George Wilson and Bernard Pollard.

If it were up to me, I'd go for Richardson.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: