Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

*** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 3 Rounds - Updated 4/22***

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: *** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 3 Rounds - Updated 4/22*** Reply with quote

Round 1:

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joeckel, OT

If the Chiefs can't trade this pick, Joeckel will be taken.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Dion Jordan, DE

Geno is a possibility here but Gus Bradley just came from being a defensive coordinator in a place where they had success with a third round QB. I don't think he will take a QB at #2 overall when he still needs important pieces to build his defense with. He has said the one thing he learned from Pete Carroll was to build the defense around speed, so he may look for a speedy pass rusher with this pick.

3. Oakland Raiders - Eric Fisher, OT

I think the Raiders will like Eric Fisher for several reasons. While OT isn't their biggest need it is a need. Taking Fisher and moving Veldheer to RT would upgrade two positions on the o-line. They have already addressed a lot of defensive needs in free agency.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Star Lotulelei, NT/DT/DE

The Eagles could be looking for defensive line help. Star is also one of the best players available so this pick would make sense.

5. Detroit Lions - Ezekiel Ansah, DE

Ansah is probably the best player available, which makes him the pick for Detroit. He also fills a need.

6. Cleveland Browns - Geno Smith, QB

I wouldn't be shocked if the Browns took Geno Smith if he fell to them. Chud just came from an organization where they drafted Cam Newton one year after drafting Jimmy Clausen, and they experienced success with it. I don't think he would be afraid to try the same thing this year with Geno one year after drafting Weeden.

7. Arizona Cardinals - Lane Johnson, OT

It's not secret the Cardinals need offensive line help. They may be jumped for Lane Johnson, but if they aren't they will probably take him.

8. Buffalo Bills - Ryan Nassib, QB

I had Nassib to the Bills months ago and now I'm bringing him back here. The Bills are looking for a new QB and if Nassib is their guy, they may need to take him with this pick to guarantee they will get him.

9. New York Jets - Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB

The Jets will be looking for a pass rusher early and Mingo is one of the BPA. With two first round picks they have some flexibility in how they address their needs but if they want to guarantee that they will get one of the top pass rushers they should take him with this pick.

10. Tennessee Titans - Dee Milliner, CB

The Titans will be looking for a cornerback at some point in the draft. I think they could take Milliner if he falls to them.

11. San Diego Chargers - Xavier Rhodes, CB

If the top offensive tackles are off the board, they may look for defensive help. They could look for a new cornerback in this draft so if Rhodes is on the board he may be considered. Warmack and/or Cooper are options but even the most hyped guards don't go as high as many predict before the draft.

12. Miami Dolphins - Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB

I think the Dolphins will be interested in Jarvis Jones. They could use another pass rusher to compliment Cameron Wake.

13. New York Jets (From Tampa Bay) - Kenny Vaccaro, S

The Jets can fill two of their big needs with top 15 picks. Vaccaro is one of the BPA and fills a need so he may be considered.

14. Carolina Panthers - Sharrif Floyd, DT

The Panthers need a defensive tackle and at one point it wasn't clear if any of the top DTs would be available. Now it looks like they may have their choice of at least two of the top three.

15. New Orleans Saints - Sheldon Richardson, DT/DE

The Saints may be looking for an upgrade at DE opposite Cam Jordan in their new 3/4. Richardson is also one of the BPA.

16. St. Louis Rams - Tavon Austin, WR

Tavon Austin could go higher than this, so the Rams would be happy if he fell to them. They need a WR after clearing house at the position.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR

The Steelers could surprise and take someone like Patterson. After losing Mike Wallace, they will be looking for a new WR at some point in the draft.

18. Dallas Cowboys - Chance Warmack, OG

The Cowboys need interior offensive line help. If Warmack or Cooper is available they should consider taking them.

19. New York Giants - Bjoern Werner, DE

The Giants may look to take a pass rusher in the draft. It could be in the first round if someone like Werner were to fall to them.

20. Chicago Bears - Jonathan Cooper, OG

The Bears take another offensive line upgrade. They made some moves to upgrade the o-line but they could use at least one more.

21. Cincinnati Bengals - DJ Fluker, OL

The Bengals still don't have Andre Smith back so if that remains true, they may just take Fluker in the draft and forget about Smith.

22. St. Louis Rams (From Washington) - Alec Ogletree, LB

The Rams could be looking for a linebacking upgrade in this draft. Ogletree fits the range and Jeff Fisher likes defense so this pick makes sense.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Arthur Brown, LB

The Vikings may be looking for an inside linebacker, so someone like Brown may be looked at with one of their two first round picks.

24. Indianapolis Colts - Jamie Collins, DE/OLB

I think Jamie Collins will end up in the first round. The Colts have brought in some pass rushers to try to replace Dwight Freeney but they may draft another one just in case. They are big shoes to fill after all. Also Robert Mathis is growing older as well so another pass rusher wouldn't hurt for those purposes either.

25. Minnesota Vikings (From Seattle) - Keenan Allen, WR

Despite acquiring Greg Jennings, the Vikings could still be looking for more WR help. Pairing Allen with Jennings and having Wright in the slot would do a lot to upgrade their WR corps.

26. Green Bay Packers - Tyler Eifert, TE

Jermichael Finley will be back for this year, but this may be his last in Green Bay since he has fallen off recently and the Packers may look for his replacement in this draft rather than waiting until its a big need next year.

27. Houston Texans - Justin Hunter, WR

The Texans may be looking for a WR with this pick. They need someone to compliment Andre Johnson.

28. Denver Broncos - David Amerson, CB/S

Despite acquiring DRC the Broncos could look for a CB in the draft. Champ Bailey is nearing the end of his career and DRC wasn't very good in Philly last year. If Amerson doesn't work out at CB he could also possibly move to safety. His stock has fallen, but similar to Stephon Gilmore from last year, I think he could boomerang back into the first round due to his athleticism.

29. New England Patriots - Robert Woods, WR

The Patriots may be looking for a wide receiver in this draft. They went after Emmanuel Sanders but missed out on him. They like taking players that were once projected to very high but have fallen for various reasons. Since Robert Woods fits into that category he could be considered here by New England, although they will probably trade up and down 4-5 times before finally taking him.

30. Atlanta Falcons - Damontre Moore, DE

Even though they got Osi, the Falcons need another pass rusher. They may look at someone like Moore in the bottom of the first round. Defensive tackle was also considered but its easier to find DT's later in the draft than it is pass rushers.

31. San Francisco 49ers - Jonathan Cyprien, S

The 49ers will be looking for a new safety in this draft. If Cyprien is available at pick 31 they may take him.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Manti Te'o, LB

Te'o just sneaks into the end of the first round. The Ravens need to get their replacement for Ray Lewis.

Round 2:

33. Jacksonville Jaguars - Matt Barkley, QB

I think a team will trade back into the first round to get Matt Barkley, but in this version of my mock, I have decided not to predict trades. If Barkley somehow makes it out of the first round, a team will trade up to this pick to take him or the Jags will take him themselves.

34. San Francisco 49ers (From Kansas City) - Sylvester Williams, NT/DT/DE

The 49ers may be looking for defensive line help in this draft. Williams could go higher so this pick is good value.

35. Philadelphia Eagles - EJ Manuel, QB

The Eagles could be looking for a QB in the first few rounds. I think Chip Kelly would want Geno or Manuel out of the available quarterbacks, so if they pass on Geno in the first, they may look at Manuel here or with a trade back into the first round.

36. Detroit Lions - Menelik Watson, OT

The Lions will be looking for an offensive tackle at some point in the draft. Watson is one of the BPA so he may be considered by them.

37. Cincinnati Bengals (From Oakland) - Matt Elam, S

The Bengals will most likely take a safety in this draft. Elam could go higher than this so this pick would be good value. The Bengals have three picks in the first two rounds and with a decent number of prospects projected to be available at their picks, they have a few options of which combinations of players to take.

38. Arizona Cardinals - Tank Carradine, DE/OLB

The Cardinals could be looking for another pass rusher in this draft. Carradine is one of the BPA so he may be looked at.

39. New York Jets - Desmond Trufant, CB

Now that Revis is gone the Jets could be looking for another corner at some point in the draft. Trufant being one of the BPA means this pick makes sense.

40. Tennessee Titans - Alex Okafor, DE

The Titans could look for a pass rusher in this draft. They need to upgrade the second worst pass rushing unit from last year.

41. Buffalo Bills - DeAndre Hopkins, WR

The Bills may be looking for another WR to pair with Stevie Johnson. They also get a new weapon for their new QB with this pick.

42. Miami Dolphins - Justin Pugh, OT

The Dolphins will be looking for an offensive tackle in this draft and if they don't get it in round 1 they will probably take one with one of their round 2 picks.

43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Zach Ertz, TE

The Buccaneers will most likely be looking for a new tight end in this draft. If Ertz is available, which me may not be, they may take him with this pick.

44. Carolina Panthers - Terron Armstead, OT

The Panthers could look for an OT in this draft. I wouldn't be surprised if they take one with one of their first two picks.

45. San Diego Chargers - Jesse Williams, NT

The Chargers have done a lot to upgrade the offensive line this offseason, but they may draft another o-lineman to ensure they will have enough pieces going into next year. Pugh offers some flexibility being able to play tackle or guard, so he may be looked at.

46. St. Louis Rams - Eric Reid, S

Safety may be the Rams biggest need so they may consider someone like Reid here if they don't take one in round 1.

47. Dallas Cowboys - Jonathan Hankins, DT

The Cowboys need another defensive tackle for their transition to the 4/3. Hankins could go much higher than this, so this pick is good value.

48. Pittsburgh Steelers - Kevin Minter, LB

The Steelers could be looking for linebacker help in this draft. Minter could go much higher than this so this pick would be good value.

49. New York Giants - Larry Warford, OG

The Giants may be looking for offensive line help in tho draft. Warford may be the BPA at this point which puts him on the Giants radar.

50. Chicago Bears - Khaseem Greene, LB

The Bears will possibly be looking for a linebacker in this draft. It could be in round one but in this version of my mock they wait until now.

51. Washington Redskins - DJ Swearinger, S

The Redskins need secondary help. They could look for a safety in this draft. Swearinger may be the best available so he might be considered.

52. Minnesota Vikings - DJ Hayden, CB

The Vikings need cornerback help and if someone like Hayden makes it to them in round 2 they should take him.

53. Cincinnati Bengals - Eddie Lacy, RB

The Bengals will most likely be looking for a RB to compliment BJGE at some point in the draft. With two 2nd round picks it could be there.

54. Miami Dolphins (From Indianapolis) - Jamar Taylor, CB

The Dolphins will most likely look for a cornerback in this draft. If they miss out on Milliner and Rhodes in round 1 or take an OT with their first pick, they could wait till round 2 for a CB.

55. Seattle Seahawks - Margus Hunt, DT/DE

The Seahawks like having speed on defense and they need to upgrade the interior pass rush. Hunt satisfies both of those things so if he's on the board when they pick, I wouldn't be surprised if they took him.

56. Green Bay Packers - Marcus Lattimore, RB

The Packers should consider taking a RB so they don't have to keep recycling RBs like Ryan Grant. Since they don't rely heavily on the running back, taking someone like Lattimore might not be a terrible idea for them since he has a lot of talent. They could use him sparingly and in the playoffs and reap the benefits of preserving his talents.

57. Houston Texans - Barrett Jones, OL

The Texans will probably be looking for o-line depth in the draft. Jones offers a lot of versatility.

58. Denver Broncos - Datone Jones, DE/DT

The Broncos could be looking to upgrade the defensive line in the draft. Jones could go higher than this so this pick is good value.

59. New England Patriots - Tyrann Mathieu, CB/S

This is a typical Patriots pick in my opinion. They like to take players that have fallen from their original high draft pick projections. They could use depth in the secondary and if Mathieu doesn't work out at CB he could be moved to safety.

60. Atlanta Falcons - Johnthan Banks, CB

Cornerback has become a big need for the Faclons. They could consider one in the early rounds of the draft.

61. San Francisco 49ers - Sam Montgomery, DE/OLB

The 49ers could be looking for another pass rusher in this draft. Montgomery is also one of the BPA.

62. Baltimore Ravens - Terrance Williams, WR

After losing Anquan Boldin the Ravens may look for another WR in this draft. A wide receiver has been drafted in this spot the past two years so I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens continued the trend this year. Also the Ravens like taking players that have fallen due to off the field concerns.

Round 3:

63. Kansas City Chiefs - Phillip Thomas, S

The Chiefs could look for an upgrade at safety next to Berry.

64. Jacksonville Jaguars - Darius Slay, CB

The Jags need secondary help. They could consider taking a cornerback and/or a safety in the draft.

65. Detroit Lions - Kyle Long, OL

The Lions may be looking for multiple offensive lineman and Kyle Long being one of the BPA makes this pick a possibility. Long offers some flexibility being able to play tackle or guard lets them use a few different combinations on the o-line with Reiff also having some flexibility.

66. Oakland Raiders - Kawann Short, DT

One of the Raiders' biggest needs is DT. Short will most likely go higher than this so this pick is good value.

67. Philadelphia Eagles - David Bakhtiari, OL

The Eagles may be looking for offensive line help in the draft. It could be as early as round one if Fisher is available for them. In this version of my mock they wait until now.

68. Cleveland Browns - Dwayne Gratz, CB

Teams that take a QB usually take a weapon or an offensive lineman to compliment their new QB, but the Browns basically did that in last year's supplemental draft with Josh Gordon, in which they used this year's 2nd round pick to obtain. One of their biggest needs is a cornerback opposite of Joe Haden. They should be able to find a CB2 in round 3 of this year's draft.

69. Arizona Cardinals - Mike Glennon, QB

The Cardinals could look to bring in a QB from the draft in addition to Cason Palmer.

70. Tennessee Titans - Johnathan Jenkins, DT

The Titans may be looking for a defensive tackle in the draft.

71. Buffalo Bills - Brian Winters, OL

The Bills could be looking for another offensive lineman in this draft. Winters offers some flexibility being able to play guard or tackle.

72. New York Jets - Travis Kelce, TE

Tight end is a pretty big need for the Jets after losing Keller and not replacing him with anyone in free agency. They could take a tight end earlier than this, but in this version of my mock other players make more sense at previous picks.

73. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Logan Ryan, CB

Even though they acquired Revis they may look for another CB in the draft. Revis' health is not 100% clear and even it is I'm not convinced Eric Wright has locked down the other starting CB spot. Ryan may be selected by TB because he was highly recruited by Schiano to play at Rutgers.

74. San Francisco 49ers (From Carolina) - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB

The 49ers could look for another cornerback in this draft. There's a lot of CBs that could go in rounds 2-4 so they could have their pick of a few that fit the range.

75. New Orleans Saints - Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB

The Saints will most likely be looking for a pass rusher in this draft to help ease the transition to a 3/4.

76. San Diego Chargers - Jonathan Franklin, RB

I think the Chargers could be looking for a running back this year. Ryan Mathews has been an injury concern since he came into the league and even though they have a few other RBs on the depth chart, none of them have #1 RB potential if anything serious happened to Mathews.

77. Miami Dolphins - JJ Wilcox, S

The Dolphins could look for a safety for depth purposes. They have a lot of picks and have already addressed most of their needs this offseason.

78. St. Louis Rams - Dallas Thomas, OL

Taking a player like Thomas would make a lot of sense for the Rams. If they lose Saffold, Thomas could play right tackle. But if they are able to keep him, Thomas can play guard. His versatility should be attractive to the Rams in their unique situation.

79. Pittsburgh Steelers - Chase Thomas, DE/OLB

The Steelers could be looking for a pass rushing linebacker in addition to an ILB.

80. Dallas Cowboys - Travis Frederick, C/G

This pick wouldn't be bad since they could use two interior offensive lineman from this draft.

81. New York Giants - Jordan Poyer, CB

Even though the Giants just took Prince Amukamara they could be looking for another cornerback this year.

82. Miami Dolphins (From Chicago) - Andre Ellington, RB

The Dolphins may look to replace Reggie Bush's touches on the offense through the draft.

83. Minnesota Vikings - Brandon Williams, DT

The VIkings will most likely be looking for a defensive tackle in this draft. While its not a huge need if a player fits the range when they are picking they may take him, as is the case here with Williams.

84. Cincinnati Bengals - Robert Alford, CB

Like many other teams, another cornerback could be taken. Since teams need four cornerbacks, there are always a lot of corners taken every year.

85. Washington Redskins - Kiko Alonso, LB

London Fletcher is nearing the end of his career so they should look to find his replacement before he retires.

86. Indianapolis Colts - Brian Schwenke, C/G

The Colts need to protect Andrew Luck. They may still need at least one more upgrade on the o-line.

87. Seattle Seahawks - Zaviar Gooden, LB

The Seahawks could be looking for one more linebacker in this draft. They get it here with Gooden.

88. Green Bay Packers - Shamarko Thomas, S

The Packers could be looking for a safety relatively early in the draft. In previous updates I've had them taking one in round 1 but in this version of my mock they wait until this pick.

89. Houston Texans - Leon McFadden, CB

The Texans could be looking for another cornerback in this draft. Teams understand the importance of having multiple quality cornerbacks.

90. Denver Broncos - Trevardo Williams, DE/OLB

The Broncos could be looking for a pass rusher in this draft. They need to try to replace Dumervil if they can this year.

91. New England Patriots - John Simon, DE/DT/LB

Simon seems like another typical Pats pick to me. He offers a lot of versatility on the defense and could play multiple positions for the Patriots. Also BB likes taking Urban Meyers' players so we could see an increase in OSU players drafted by the Patriots in the future.

92. Atlanta Falcons - David Quessenberry, OT

After losing Tyson Clabo they are in need of a new right tackle.

93. San Francisco 49ers - Da'Rick Rogers, WR

Even though they acquired Anquan Boldin they could be looking for a wide receiver in the draft. They struggled last year to get much from anyone besides Crabtree.

94. Baltimore Ravens - Bacarri Rambo, S

The Ravens need another safety and if they haven't gotten it yet they will in the middle rounds.

95. Houston Texans - TJ McDonald, S

The Texans may be looking for a safety in this draft despite adding Ed Reed to the roster. Reed is old and nearing the end of his career.

96. Kansas City Chiefs - AJ Klein, LB

The Chiefs need an inside linebacker and even though Andy Reid doesn't like drafting linebackers early, they need to to improve the defense.

97. Tennessee Titans - Hugh Thornton, OG

The Titans may be looking for an interior offensive line upgrade at some point in the draft. They get it here with Thornton.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30

Last edited by LeGarrettsBlunt on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very solid Vikings draft, I'd like that result.

The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theindianstud12

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it for the Bears although I'd prefer Hayden over Greene.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets don't need a CB.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want nothing to do with the overrated Milliner. Richardson or Werner should be the pick.
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could live with this draft for the niners. May prefer going with a corner with the third pick rather than another d-line player, but won't argue that montgomery is potentially the bpa there and he's got good value. Plus, I don't think Williams offers a ton of pass rush ability (though he has more than most prospects availabe at his position this year), so it may not be a bad idea.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third round added.

Comments and feedback appreciated.

Rest of the rounds to come shortly.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
playboi24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent first round pick for the Texans. In the second round, give us Datone Jones and in the third, give us Sean Porter.
Kempes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First two picks are OK, third makes no sense for the Eagles. I'd rather have a DB or Travis Kelce.
meixdaddy_10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:

I personally no longer like Allen in RD1..if its a WR I'd rather see Woods or Hunter.

RD2 id rather see Taylor over Hayden as I feel he fits our D better. Just nitpicking

RD3 is great.
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quessenberry in the third for Atlanta is meh, but when you have them landing Moore and Banks in round one and two respectively does it really matter? Not really.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills like Barkley more then Nassib from what I have seen/heard. Also O-line isn't really a need for the Bills but rather a luxury. TE, CB, and LB are better options on the 3rd.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad. Ansah is great. I love Watson, but Carradine would be better. I like Long, but Rambo and Rogers are better
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent mock.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: