Joined: 21 Apr 2012
Location: Northern Jersey
|Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:05 pm Post subject: Literally last minute FINAL mock
|1. KC- Eric Fisher- Looks like itís becoming more certain.
2. JAX- Luke Joeckel- Although they need help on defense, to me it has always been QB or OT here. Jaguars have three very good WRs and could be offensively successful, but their OL has declined rapidly the past few years. Make it or break it time for former first rounder Blaine Gabbart, but at least protect him to see if heís the solution or time to move on.
3. OAK- Sharrif Floyd- Could be Lotulelei, but Floyd may be the better fit and certainly the hotter name.
4. PHI- Dion Jordan- I think Jordan would be an excellent fit in Philadelphia, as he fits the physical mold, positional need, and his ties with Chip Kelley canít hurt.
5. DET- Lane Johnson- Looks like Lane Johnsonís gonna be a top 5 pick, if itís to the Lions or another team trading up. But the Lions offense revolves around the passing game and Stafford needs protection as LT is a glaring need.
6. CLE- Barkevious Mingo- Elite physical talent with an exceptionally high ceiling that when utilized properly as an OLB, Mingo could be the best talent in this draft.
7. ARI- Star Lotulelei- If the Cardinals stay put at 7 and the top 3 OTs are gone, I think they look defense. Jordan, Mingo, and Lotulelei would all tremendously benefit the Cardsí defense, which is ever so important in the NFC west.
8. BUF- Tavon Austin- If the Bills donít go QB here, this could be a likely possibility as the Bills could look for a dangerous option for their number 2 pick.
9. NYJ- Chance Warmack- After losing both guards, Warmack would be the perfect fit for the Jets and Rex Ryan that needs a strong OL to enforce their ground and pound running game.
10. TEN- Jonathon Cooper- The Titans could address secondary or their DL here, but their best offensive weapon Chris Johnson is suffering behind that line.
11. SD- DJ Fluker- Chargers absolutely need an upgrade on their offensive line and Fluker would be an immediate upgrade.
12. MIA- Dee Milliner- Whether it be Milliner or Hayden, Iím sure the Dolphins should be thinking secondary here.
13. NYJ- Jarvis Jones- I donít see Jones falling that far and teams knew he wouldnít work out well. Is quicker on film than his 40 shows and has natural ability to getting to the passer.
14. CAR- Sheldon Richardson- Donít really care that a lot of Panthers fans donít want Sheldon. I have a hard time mocking him here, because I think heís a top 5 talent.
15. NO- Ziggy Ansah- Another top talent falls here is Ziggy Ansah. Because heís so raw, I think some top teams will be too impatient to spend a high pick on a player that needs to develop. Saints really need a pass rusher and could take Ansah if available.
16. STL- Kenny Vaccaro- Fills an important need and terrific value. Canít see the Rams passing on him if available.
17. PIT- Arthur Brown- I feel like Brown has always been a terrific fit and top target for the Steelers, and after blowing up his proday, I think the Steelers could be locked onto this pick. Best LBer in the draft.
18. DAL- Sylvester Williams- Disruptive, underrated tackle that could go earlier than expected. Some teams prefer over Floyd.
19. NYG - DJ Hayden- Keeping my fingers crossed.
20. CHI- Justin Pugh- Bears need OL help.
21. CIN- Alec Ogletree- Would be able to
22. STL- DeAndre Hopkins- The Rams will be looking to find a WR early. Hopkins is a terrific overall prospect who draws comparisons to Roddy White.
23. MIN- Manti Teío- Canít see the Vikings passing on Teío with two picks as it offers terrific value and fills a huge need.
24. IND- Xavier Rhodes- Rhodes has all the physical tools to be an elite shut-down corner in the NFL, and answered any questions of his long-distance speed in the combine after putting up fantastic numbers. A borderline top 10 pick IMO.
25. MIN- Tank Carradine- Elite pass-rusher who would have been a top 10 lock had he stayed healthy. Should go top 15, but like a lot of prospects here, is pushed back due to lack of positional need.
26. GB- Tyler Eifert- Top 15 play-making talent that shouldnít last this long, but could very easily due to the lack of need around the league at the TE position.
27. HOU- Cordarelle Patterson- Extremely high talent that I think will fall for being stupid, but more importantly, inconsistent hands. Best playmaker Iíve ever seen, though.
28. DEN- Bjoern Werner- Good passrusher that Denver needs to replace Dumervil.
29. NE- Desmond Trufant- Like many late-round picks, expect teams like the Patriots to move back into the early second for EJ Manuel, Ryan Nassib, Matt Barkley, and even Geno Smith if heís available. However, the value of Trufant might be to good for New England to pass on and fills an important need.
30. ATL- Datone Jones- Atlanta may be looking to trade up to bolster their D-line, but if Datone Jones is available here, Iíd assume theyíd be content with staying put.
31. SF- Jonathon Cyprien- Could be higher, could be lower. Not quite sure where to mock Cyprien, but certainly fits a need for San Fran if they stay put at 31Öwhich may not be likely.
32. BAL- Justin Hunter- Now that itís Joeís team, the Ravens could be looking for another offensive threat after losing Boldin.
Obviously teams will be trading up towards the end of the first for QBs.