Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jags WR Justin Blackmon is suspended for four games by NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
iPwn wrote:
We have 8 games that are winnable. Now, there's no way we win them all, but they are what they are. Blackmon will miss three of them. The tank is on...

Cole Mckenzie.
He was good in D-II college, and therefore he'll be good with Jerry. LETS GO

I don't think he makes the roster, but I think he'll make the practice squad.

Yeah, I don't see him making it either. He might have a shot though. Especially if we're listing Denard as a RB

RB is his primary position, but they said we'd also use him in the slot some.

I think when Blackmon is out, we'll see a lot of Shorts and MoMass on the outside with Shipley & A&L on the inside. Having Joeckel helps because we can free up Marcedes more in the passing game too.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
sadjag

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
We have 8 games that are winnable. Now, there's no way we win them all, but they are what they are. Blackmon will miss three of them. The tank is on...
Indeed 4 games closer too Tank 4 Teddy, thank you Justin

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
iPwn wrote:

No,No, Clown for Clowney trade back into the first and take Murray, Manziel, Boyd, Fales, McCarron etc.........
sadjag

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flgatorsandjags wrote:
sadjag wrote:
iPwn wrote:

No,No, Clown for Clowney trade back into the first and take Murray, Manziel, Boyd, Fales, McCarron etc.........
Franchise QB > Elite Pass Rusher

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
flgatorsandjags wrote:
sadjag wrote:
iPwn wrote:

You really need both and you can do that by taking Cowney and trading back into the first. Bridgewater looks good but he is no Luck. I wouldnt be shocked if Bridgewater wasnt even the first QB selected next year.
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

FYI: #Jaguars knew about Justin Blackmon's suspension long before draft. From a while ago. He's behaved for GM David Caldwell & new coaches

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Jags

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

FYI: #Jaguars knew about Justin Blackmon's suspension long before draft. From a while ago. He's behaved for GM David Caldwell & new coaches

So this is late news that has been kept out of the light so that they did not hinder the draft etc..

I don't mind clown for Clowney. Trade into the first again, then take a QB if need be. Draft done after that.

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather we get the best QB in the draft and then trade up or stay put for a DE, in what appears to be a deep class.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's been clean since Dave came in (and he's in a program where he is tested, so he has been, more than likely), this means that the team likely knew for several months.

Taking that and tying it in with the jersey reveal, the team knew he was busted before they did all of those photo shoots, interviews and everything. That leads me to believe something positive is going on behind the scenes that we're unaware of.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
flgatorsandjags

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
I'd rather we get the best QB in the draft and then trade up or stay put for a DE, in what appears to be a deep class.

The only thing is, is the difference between Clowney and the next pass rusher is much greater than Bridgewater and the next QB IMO. Barr, Tuitt, and Van Noy are all good but I don't think any of them are even close to Clowney. Some may think Bridgewater is head and shoulders over the other OBs in this class but I don't, just my opinion.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
flgatorsandjags wrote:
sadjag wrote:
iPwn wrote:

This. True Franchise QB > All else.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
sadjag wrote:
flgatorsandjags wrote:
sadjag wrote:
iPwn wrote:

This. True Franchise QB > All else.

Agreed. Pass-rushers come and go. Franchise QBs are much much harder to come by. This should be evident since we've lost Brunell.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still don't think this should be considered his 2nd strike. His first offense happened before he signed his rookie contract. Just for clarification, was that his first offense? Just seems like Blackmon is being held accountable by the NFL for something he did before he was technically in the NFL.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
Still don't think this should be considered his 2nd strike. His first offense happened before he signed his rookie contract. Just for clarification, was that his first offense? Just seems like Blackmon is being held accountable by the NFL for something he did before he was technically in the NFL.

Once you are drafted, you are in the NFL.

I hate the Jaguars
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking over the CBA, and based on my knowledge of law, it seems as though the CBA extends itself automatically over players whom have chosen to declare themselves draft eligible and therefore have become drafted. There are a lot of provisions specifically for unsigned rookies, many to do with how injuries during workouts pre-contract are handled and other protections, clauses to allow them to "work without a complete contract" and the like. As such, I'd bet dimes to dollars that those players are also bound by the substance abuse policy. You can't have your cake and eat it too, if you will. If you're going to be protected by the CBA, you ought to be forced to abide by it as well.

So Justin's guilty plea would have put him in the program.

Here's some speculation though. Your first offense puts you in the program for 90 days, and he plead guilty in June, then signed his contract in August. So depending on how the program works out with his contract, he would have been subjected to random tests no later than the end of November, I'd assume. So his positive test had to come back then. Also, all players are tested once between April 20 and August 9 every year, and that's the only "substance" test that a player not in the program gets.

So it's one of a few things: The NFL got a positive test on him during the season and sat on it until now (really bad form by the NFL to not suspend him at the end of the year), his first offense was seen as so troublesome that they put him in the program for more than 90 days, he asked to stay in the program longer, or he failed in the last few days.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: